• Butterflies & Hurricanes
    • Ruled by Secrecy
    • Take A Bow
    • Assassin
    • I Belong To You
    • Dead Star
    • The Groove

Oh I forgot. They dropped Map and MKU every now and then :LOL::p

I know what you're saying and I don't know what shows you went to, but you can't seriously think they didn't all have a little too much in common can you?

No I understand where you are coming from too. It's getting to the point where I almost wish I had only started seeing them in 09/10 so that I could appreciate the shows a little more. And don't think location has anything to do with getting something special - Edmonton is the only show that got Bliss and RBS, while Madison Square Garden (the world's most famous arena) got a standard 18 song set. We did get an epic set in 07 to be fair though...

i agree with you 100%

i think it depends more in how they are feeling about the place... the mood Matt has at the moment, etc...

cause for fiji everybody was expecting a "over the top" setlist and it was worst than most of the other ones XD

I'll be in 7 different gigs between US & UK and the same as you, i really hope they will not do the same gig over and over... cause at some point stars feeling old.

I don't think there's anything wrong with being unsatisfied with Muse's set lists, especially if you've been seeing them for many years now, but I find the incessant whining on some of these threads very annoying. There was a stretch recently, for example, where I avoided the main tour discussion thread and then after two months I decided to look, and what do you know? The same exact people were complaining about the same exact thing, down to the 'T': don't like the song selection; set is too short; show seems too staged; Muse give no effort; ticket prices are too high; I'd rather see other bands ... etc. I know this is a public message board, but give me a break! I don't go to concerts with a laundry list of songs I have to hear in order to have a good time; the quality of the overall performance is much more important, and I've yet to be disappointed at a Muse concert.

I don't think there's anything wrong with being unsatisfied with Muse's set lists, especially if you've been seeing them for many years now, but I find the incessant whining on some of these threads very annoying. There was a stretch recently, for example, where I avoided the main tour discussion thread and then after two months I decided to look, and what do you know? The same exact people were complaining about the same exact thing, down to the 'T': don't like the song selection; set is too short; show seems too staged; Muse give no effort; ticket prices are too high; I'd rather see other bands ... etc. I know this is a public message board, but give me a break! I don't go to concerts with a laundry list of songs I have to hear in order to have a good time; the quality of the overall performance is much more important, and I've yet to be disappointed at a Muse concert.

well, even though i DO prefer some songs to other ones...

i would never stop going to their gigs just cause of that...

i mean, like i said, 7 gigs in less than 2 months, same tour... im pretty sure i'll get same songs here and there... and im okay with it...

i was just saying before, dont get hopes to high about some songs cause we are gonna get the almost the same...

thats all :stunned:

well, even though i DO prefer some songs to other ones...

i would never stop going to their gigs just cause of that...

i mean, like i said, 7 gigs in less than 2 months, same tour... im pretty sure i'll get same songs here and there... and im okay with it...

i was just saying before, dont get hopes to high about some songs cause we are gonna get the almost the same...

thats all :stunned:

Oh, that wasn't directed to you at all, Eri! I just happened to post after you and didn't feel like quoting anyone in particular. :p:\mm/:

And nor do I go to a gig with a list of songs that need to be played :p. All I'm saying is that it's...frustrating I guess to know how much better they could do by their fans

At this point I'm just hoping for MKU. Actually thinking you'll get any of the songs in this poll is just silly. I'm just gonna enjoy the show for what it is, it's too frustrating to play 'what if' with the setlist. Nothing's gonna change so I've stopped getting worked up about it.

At this point I'm just hoping for MKU. Actually thinking you'll get any of the songs in this poll is just silly. I'm just gonna enjoy the show for what it is, it's too frustrating to play 'what if' with the setlist. Nothing's gonna change so I've stopped getting worked up about it.

Now that you said that, watch Muse play all five of the thread's poll winners. :LOL: Assassin, Citizen Erased, Sunburn, Bliss, Space Dementia and Dead Star. Now that's how you rock the vote! Though maybe this isn't the best indicator of what a real set list poll in the U.S. would be like -- it left out NSC and all the set list regulars. But some of those polls in Europe ended up weird as heck...

Of course they had a lot in common. But each experience was different for me:

The setlist is seriously a very small part of the gig once you're there :happy:

Very true! Even though there are songs that I'd be dying to hear live, it's perfectly fine if they don't play it because just being there experiencing the show will make you high for weeks! Months! Forever!!! ;D

P.S. The Boston show was win! The curtain fail and the cracking up :LOL:. I missed the tripping though, lol.

Very true! Even though there are songs that I'd be dying to hear live, it's perfectly fine if they don't play it because just being there experiencing the show will make you high for weeks! Months! Forever!!! ;D

P.S. The Boston show was win! The curtain fail and the cracking up :LOL:. I missed the tripping though, lol.

What was the curtain fail?

Allow some glow-in-the-dark sperm to keep it alive :awesome:

500x_custom_1281383043643_sperm.jpg

Yes it's a real thing, article here, I hope you'll giggle as much as I did. I'm such a child.

bahahaha:LOL:

yay, my entertainment for the evening. thank you!

edit: the comments on that article are better then the actual article.

Allow some glow-in-the-dark sperm to keep it alive :awesome:

500x_custom_1281383043643_sperm.jpg

Yes it's a real thing, article here, I hope you'll giggle as much as I did. I'm such a child.

LOL!

sperm are just too tiny, too numerous, and too similar-looking to be studied individually. But that's changing — thanks to glow in the dark sperm.

Seems to be talking about a whole bunch of Matt's running around with LED suits :LOL:

You know at the beginning of Uprising, the curtains drop from the three towers to reveal them? Well, during Boston's show, Dom's got stuck for a few seconds. :LOL:

Watch it here:

(it happens around 3:02)

I was at that show and my friends and I cracked up laughing when it happened.

Archived