• Apocalypse Please
    • Butterflies & Hurricanes
    • Ruled by Secrecy
    • Take A Bow
    • Assassin
    • I Belong To You
    • Dead Star
    • The Groove

I've got two words for you all: tailgate party. Apparently you can't tailgate in the true sense at Prudential Center because of open-container and no-fire laws in Newark, but we could probably get away with something ghetto-picnic style; in Nassau as far as I know, tailgating is allowed in all of its burger/hot dog-grilling and coolers-filled-with-cold-ones glory. I wasn't planning on lining up early for either gig, but if anyone's down for this I've got no problems doing so. (Not sure why between the Newark and Nassau threads, Nassau seems to get the shaft but it is what it is... :LOL:)

Haha. Well, I'll be lining up early with my bro and friend, and we planned on bringing a crap load of food, games, and other crap to make the time go by :). So essentially, it'll be a picnic :D. Anyone else can join if they want. I'm bringing a cooler, chairs and blankets. I'm just gonna run everything back to my car before doors open.

Haha. Well, I'll be lining up early with my bro and friend, and we planned on bringing a crap load of food, games, and other crap to make the time go by :). So essentially, it'll be a picnic :D. Anyone else can join if they want. I'm bringing a cooler, chairs and blankets. I'm just gonna run everything back to my car before doors open.

That'll probably be a long run since i don't think the parking lot opens till about 2 hours before doors :LOL:

We plan on driving...early. We better have parking lol.

Well since they charge for parking, they need to have attendants there obviously. And I doubt there going to have people waiting all day for parking. I can double check this weekend though (a cousin used to work security). And other questions I should ask him?

Well since they charge for parking, they need to have attendants there obviously. And I doubt there going to have people waiting all day for parking. I can double check this weekend though (a cousin used to work security). And other questions I should ask him?

I'd appreciate if you could ask to what extent tailgating is allowed, i.e., how tightly are the no-fire/no-open-container laws actually enforced? I imagine on game days the parking lots are filled with fans tailgating, and security might turn their back on the shenanigans in good spirit. The website is unclear and the people I've called are giving me conflicting answers. I'd love to haul my grill out there for some burgers and -- brainwashed, this one's for you -- choripan with chimichurri!

Hmmm...We'll figure something out :D

I'd appreciate if you could ask to what extent tailgating is allowed, i.e., how tightly are the no-fire/no-open-container laws actually enforced? I imagine on game days the parking lots are filled with fans tailgating, and security might turn their back on the shenanigans in good spirit. The website is unclear and the people I've called are giving me conflicting answers. I'd love to haul my grill out there for some burgers and -- brainwashed, this one's for you -- choripan with chimichurri!

I know from a Metallica show that the no alcohol rule was STRICTLY enforced but that was only about an hour before the gig. I didn't see any cooking that day/night but I will try to get more details for you.

Question for the world at large.

Does anyone know how long before a show (on average) bands usually show up the venue? My friend and I have seats so we don't have to wait in line, but we'll be waiting around for about 4 hours before the show starts and we were gonna do some spy/stalker work around the tour buses ;) But the ideal would be catching the guys going in through the back door.

(I once met a member of another band this way... he was running back to the tour bus to get something and we happened to be right near the stage door of the venue :D)

Does anyone know how long before a show (on average) bands usually show up the venue? My friend and I have seats so we don't have to wait in line, but we'll be waiting around for about 4 hours before the show starts and we were gonna do some spy/stalker work around the tour buses ;) But the ideal would be catching the guys going in through the back door.

(I once met a member of another band this way... he was running back to the tour bus to get something and we happened to be right near the stage door of the venue :D)

No clue about what time the guys get there but for MSG the buses rolled up around 10/11am I think? Maybe try to get to Muse through their crew?

In Baltimore last March the bus pulled in around 5 PM.

I've got two words for you all: tailgate party. Apparently you can't tailgate in the true sense at Prudential Center because of open-container and no-fire laws in Newark, but we could probably get away with something ghetto-picnic style; in Nassau as far as I know, tailgating is allowed in all of its burger/hot dog-grilling and coolers-filled-with-cold-ones glory. I wasn't planning on lining up early for either gig, but if anyone's down for this I've got no problems doing so. (Not sure why between the Newark and Nassau threads, Nassau seems to get the shaft but it is what it is... :LOL:)

im taking train so i cant tailgate with my vehicle but if you are when it gets closer we'll exchange numbers and meet up.and i dont need to be in front either have seats. but jersey i will be in line at the crack of dawn. october has some great weather so hopefully it will be nice.

We need Apples to Apples. ;)

Any updates on the NY/NJ Muser meet-up? Hope it's not falling by the wayside -- I know a bunch of you are going to multiple gigs, but I'd like to make this one count!

*is catching up on threads*

My idea for it when I created it was to meetup Friday, whether all day or just at night is up to everyone else. I'm up for anything, really... I'll be in NYC from Thursday night until right after the gig Sunday night where I have to catch a 1am bus back to DC. :LOL:

I went to New York City today! :awesome:

And on the way home, we were gonna stop at the Pru Center, but there was traffic and we got lost and we ended up taking a 3 hour trip home, when it should have taken 1 and a half hours...:shifty:

I met 2 Musers! One in the Lego Store and one in what used to be near the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame(where Muse went) BUT IT CLOSED. :eek:

Archived