There is too much time off not to play more dates in Texas. If you sell the ticket i know of alot of people that would buy it and if you keep it then i might just see ya there. :happy:

I sure hope you're right. Although I can't wait to (hopefully) see them at ACL, another, all-Muse gig would more desired. Hopefully they'll play Dallas/Grand Prarie this time too, I wasn't a big fan of Fort Worth Convention Center's set-up.

Last time they played ACL in 2007 the setlist was this:

Knights Of Cydonia

Map Of The Problematique + Riff

Hysteria

Supermassive Black Hole

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Feeling Good

Sunburn

Soldier's Poem

Invincible

Starlight

New Born

Ashamed Riff + Short Riff

Time Is Running Out

Plug In Baby

ENCORE:

(JFK Speech)

Take A Bow

Microcuts

Stockholm Syndrome + Outro Riffs

I was there, but all I remember is KoC, MotP, and SMBH. :LOL: Yeah, what a fail, I barely knew them then. What a waste on me that I can't remember Micro Cuts, Sunburn, and BaH! It actually makes me want to cry and kill myself that I wasted the chance I actually got. Time machine please? :supersad:

Last time they played ACL in 2007 the setlist was this:

Knights Of Cydonia

Map Of The Problematique + Riff

Hysteria

Supermassive Black Hole

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Feeling Good

Sunburn

Soldier's Poem

Invincible

Starlight

New Born

Ashamed Riff + Short Riff

Time Is Running Out

Plug In Baby

ENCORE:

(JFK Speech)

Take A Bow

Microcuts

Stockholm Syndrome + Outro Riffs

I was there, but all I remember is KoC, MotP, and SMBH. :LOL: Yeah, what a fail, I barely knew them then. What a waste on me that I can't remember Micro Cuts, Sunburn, and BaH! It actually makes me want to cry and kill myself that I wasted the chance I actually got. Time machine please? :supersad:

that was when the White Stripes cancelled.

The ACL setlist in 06 was:

Knights of Cydonia

Hysteria + short riff

Supermassive Black Hole

Map of the Problematique + Maggie's Farm outro

Plug In Baby

Time Is Running Out

Starlight

Stockholm Syndrome + outro

Encore:

Take a Bow

Being a "bigger" band now in the states should allow more time this go around, like the full set you saw in 07.

I almost had that same experience of lost time at Nokia 07, but thankfully I "woke up" once Juliette Lewis finished her set.

^ I think I heard that too. They probably won't release the date on here until the lineup comes out, right? Or would they confirm earlier?

I'm going crazy for that lineup, since I had to buy the freakin $190 passes. I hope it is well worth it.

I think they'll announce the rest of their dates before May 18, but probably won't actually confirm ACL until then. That's usually how it goes. It'll be interesting to see what night they're playing and where they actually fall amongst the headliners. Like, will they be top headliners? I'd love them to close Sunday night, as it means a longer show. :D

Probably much more likely Muse headlines saturday day night. I've heard rumors of Green Day (Eh), Soundgarden (ok), and the Eagles (Those guys are still alive?), and those bands would all probably be more likely to headline Sunday.

I can dream. I'm really hoping against Green Day and the Eagles. I could live with Soundgarden. And I'd probably see Muse watching that show too, haha.

sometimes i get really hopeful and say to myself its for sure they are coming,

(leaving out texas from the tour so far, and also the gap on dates is too suspicious)

ahhh but then i dont want to get my hopes up...

at LEAST they have to put a date for texas pleaseeeeeeee

I can dream. I'm really hoping against Green Day and the Eagles. I could live with Soundgarden. And I'd probably see Muse watching that show too, haha.

THIS. Also would prefer if they kept Soundgarden out, and since they are already playing Lolla the odds are slim... or here's hoping.

I can think of many bands I'd like to see in the festival, but only few for the headliner spot. Muse, Flaming Lips, David Bowie :awesome: (not gonna happen, I know, but can't stop thinking about it since I read it in the forums), Arcade Fire maybe?

I hear Green Day puts on a solid show and the Eagles have a few songs I like, though they are really old. I really don't like Green Day though, I'd only see them if they didn't conflict with any one, and as I said, the Eagles are old. I've barely heard Soundgarden but what I've heard wasn't bad. Like a song or two. That'd be alright.

I'd say none of those 3 are ideal headliners.

I hear Green Day puts on a solid show and the Eagles have a few songs I like, though they are really old. I really don't like Green Day though, I'd only see them if they didn't conflict with any one, and as I said, the Eagles are old. I've barely heard Soundgarden but what I've heard wasn't bad. Like a song or two. That'd be alright.

I'd say none of those 3 are ideal headliners.

Pretty much my sentiments.

Yay! I don't have to be disappointed about missing the OKC show in favor of ACL. Hopefully this means some of the other good rumors are true, like The Strokes and Arcade Fire. That would be perfection for me.

Does anybody think this might enhance the possibility of other Texas dates?

This is what it said on the Mix website:

Alex knows some rumors about ACL Festival this year and wanted to spill the beans about what he’s heard. He claims the following bands are confirmed acts for this year; The Flaming Lips, Phoenix, Muse, Pat Green, and Blues Traveler. Rumored acts include; Ryan Bingham, Soundgarden, Green Day, and The Eagles.

Yay! I don't have to be disappointed about missing the OKC show in favor of ACL. Hopefully this means some of the other good rumors are true, like The Strokes and Arcade Fire. That would be perfection for me.

Does anybody think this might enhance the possibility of other Texas dates?

Does ACL have a radius clause for headliners? If they do, I imagine Muse wouldn't be able to play before or after close to the festival date. I'm not sure how many miles away from Austin that would mean though.

This is what it said on the Mix website:

Alex knows some rumors about ACL Festival this year and wanted to spill the beans about what he’s heard. He claims the following bands are confirmed acts for this year; The Flaming Lips, Phoenix, Muse, Pat Green, and Blues Traveler. Rumored acts include; Ryan Bingham, Soundgarden, Green Day, and The Eagles.

Well we know Pat Green and Blues traveler are confirmed :awesome: Muse + Flaming Lips alone make the ticket worth it! gah

Does ACL have a touring clause? If they do, I imagine Muse wouldn't be able to play before or after close to the festival date. I'm not sure how many miles away from Austin that would mean though.

I don't think they do. In 2007 Muse played ACL and Nokia Theater and well, Dallas/Grand Prairie isn't far from Austin at all. Mm although i guess it depends if they're headlining or not.

Archived