My neighbor is from Austin, and my mom and I took her with us to see Muse in Atlanta. She is of course, hooked. When I told her they might be playing ACL she started planning the trip. This would be a lot of fun if I end up going.

Oh that would be fun! I smell destruction

Oh you know it.

Haha, that'd be great, but if I go, one of my friends who was interested in going said his sister is moving to Austin and probably wouldn't mind if we stay with her, and I don't know a good way of convincing my parents to let me stay with a bunch of random people from the internet :awesome:

:chuckle: I understand. My mom doesn't even try to stop me anymore (she let me stay in a hotel in London with a Swedish boardie I had never met).

My neighbor is from Austin, and my mom and I took her with us to see Muse in Atlanta. She is of course, hooked. When I told her they might be playing ACL she started planning the trip. This would be a lot of fun if I end up going.

Instead of "hooked", I read "hooker"...as in if people are from Austin, they're obviously prostitutes. :LOL:

How hard is it to travel around Austin? My friends and I are staying in this dirt cheap hotel about five miles from Zilker Park. Although we're taking a car, I heard it's a nightmare to park down there. What's the norm during the festival?

May 18th I am going to be flipping a nut :eek:

How hard is it to travel around Austin? My friends and I are staying in this dirt cheap hotel about five miles from Zilker Park. Although we're taking a car, I heard it's a nightmare to park down there. What's the norm during the festival?

May 18th I am going to be flipping a nut :eek:

Park about a mile away and walk. No matter what you're doing, you're going to be walking quite a bit to get to the entrance.

I suppose I need the exercise. Sounds like an intense weekend, I wish they had camping like Coachella.

Me too, although I'm not really a camping person and I would be scared out of my mind :LOL:

My idea, until now, is to stay at the La Quinta in Oltorf St., which according to googlemaps is 12 minutes away by car (3.4 miles). Close enough, although not sure if I would want to walk all the way after a day in the festival. It's kinda cheap if I find someone to share the room with. mm I'm afraid I'll end up with nowhere to stay :LOL:

and yes pleaaaase may 18th. nao

I'm relying on crashing in a dorm room. Hopefully one of my friends will be staying the weekend or they can just give me a key;) How far is the park from UT? Do they have any kind of local transportation for the festival?

hmmmm it's not within walking distance that's for sure, but there's a shuttle that runs from downtown to the park. i used the shuttle last year and it was surprisingly speedy even though so many people were using it.

for those of you who think that 'option C' is the most likely (i.e. no headline set at ACL), note well the seemingly bizarre, pointed effort to travel to -- pardon my french, fellow Okies -- RANDOM ASS oklahoma city.

there simply must be some method to that madness. and i surmise it's because they need to high-tail it down the center of the country for a headlining, saturday slot at ACL festival 2010.

just my opinion.

I know huh? It should of been in Tulsa. Oh wait, some Okie named Carrie Underwood is playin on the tenth of October. Dang.. Guess the boys had to settle for random ol' OKC. Tulsa's venue only finished 8th in the nation last year for ticket sales. Who would of thought a bunch of dumb Okies would have the money to buy tickets. That's what touring is about right, making money? The merchandise at the shows being so cheap and all. Have fun at ACL with the 9 song set list.

Top 10 nationwide arenas for ticket sales:

1. Madison Square Garden Arena - New York, NY - 977,868

2. American Airlines – Dallas, TX – 567,657

3. Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL - 495,625

4. Philips Arena - Atlanta, GA - 477,512

5. Sprint Center - Kansas City, MO - 448,961

6. HP Pavillion – San Jose, CA – 430,753

7. St. Pete Times Forum - Tampa, FL - 423,565

8. BOK Center - Tulsa, OK - 419,766

9. Izod Center – East Rutherford, NJ – 413,789

10. Wachovia Spectrum – Philadelphia, PA – 403,634

I know huh? It should of been in Tulsa. Oh wait, some Okie named Carrie Underwood is playin on the tenth of October. Dang.. Guess the boys had to settle for random ol' OKC. Tulsa's venue only finished 8th in the nation last year for ticket sales. Who would of thought a bunch of dumb Okies would have the money to buy tickets. That's what touring is about right, making money? The merchandise at the shows being so cheap and all. Have fun at ACL with the 9 song set list.

Win because Oklahoma is my hometown, and they deserve as much as any other state to have Muse play there! Lose because you dissed the probable ACL setlist. :p

Can't we all just get along?

I'll have you know, it'll be more like 11-12 songs. :phu:

:LOL:

Win because Oklahoma is my hometown, and they deserve as much as any other state to have Muse play there! Lose because you dissed the probable ACL setlist. :p

Can't we all just get along?

Sure can...previous post was written after working all night...lil touchy then, sorry.:$

As far as setlist, they would headline of course if they are there, and I'll retract the 9 song set statement. They played 11 at Stubbs. Right? Guess since I'm not going I'll have to catch it on PBS. :LOL:

Sure can...previous post was written after working all night...lil touchy then, sorry.:$

As far as setlist, they would headline of course if they are there, and I'll retract the 9 song set statement. They played 11 at Stubbs. Right? Guess since I'm not going I'll have to catch it on PBS. :LOL:

why wouldn't you go to ACL?

it's fun times :)

Most festivals are awesome. Why not though? I can drive 1 1/2 hrs. to OKC to see my favorite band, the first day of ACL. Honestly i don't know who is playing ACL, Flaming Lips? seen them at the OKC zoo, have you seen that DVD?, fun times.

Muse will be at ACL I bet since it is a C3 Production, and they are mentioned on the Muse radio spots(it's a Muse Weekend on Tulsa's Z104.5) for the OKC show.

Also this is will be the sixth Muse show I attended in a year and I think I have traveled enough to see the same songs performed.

Last years ACL lineup looked good but then the only bands that stuck out to me was Them Crooked Vultures and Pearl Jam. Any other band of interest has made the rounds here at the Cain's Ballroom lately so...:rolleyes:

Hope you all have a wonderful time and God bless.

Most festivals are awesome. Why not though? I can drive 1 1/2 hrs. to OKC to see my favorite band, the first day of ACL. Honestly i don't know who is playing ACL, Flaming Lips? seen them at the OKC zoo, have you seen that DVD?, fun times.

Muse will be at ACL I bet since it is a C3 Production, and they are mentioned on the Muse radio spots(it's a Muse Weekend on Tulsa's Z104.5) for the OKC show.

Also this is will be the sixth Muse show I attended in a year and I think I have traveled enough to see the same songs performed.

Last years ACL lineup looked good but then the only bands that stuck out to me was Them Crooked Vultures and Pearl Jam. Any other band of interest has made the rounds here at the Cain's Ballroom lately so...:rolleyes:

Hope you all have a wonderful time and God bless.

despite knowing who's playing at ACL, it's bound to be an awesome time. i had a blast last year even though I was soaked in the rain. the line up was good. I missed out on seeing them crooked vultures and i wasn't able to stick around for pearl jam since i had to get back to work, but all and all it was good times. i have a feeling this year will be pretty good. i can't wait until MAY 18th to see who's on the lineup

nope i haven't seen it, but i'll try to check it out. odd to play at a zoo though :erm:

wow 6th muse show in a year? where have you seen them?

i don't really mind seeing the same songs performed. of course i'm hoping that they'll throw in at least one or two rarities... but their performances are always the shit, so i'll be happy seeing them :) i'm seriously hoping that they play something a bit closer to me so that way i can sell my OKC ticket and I won't have to miss the first day of ACL. :$

well have fun at your gig :)maybe i'll see ya there

despite knowing who's playing at ACL, it's bound to be an awesome time. i had a blast last year even though I was soaked in the rain. the line up was good. I missed out on seeing them crooked vultures and i wasn't able to stick around for pearl jam since i had to get back to work, but all and all it was good times. i have a feeling this year will be pretty good. i can't wait until MAY 18th to see who's on the lineup

nope i haven't seen it, but i'll try to check it out. odd to play at a zoo though :erm:

wow 6th muse show in a year? where have you seen them?

i don't really mind seeing the same songs performed. of course i'm hoping that they'll throw in at least one or two rarities... but their performances are always the shit, so i'll be happy seeing them :) i'm seriously hoping that they play something a bit closer to me so that way i can sell my OKC ticket and I won't have to miss the first day of ACL. :$

well have fun at your gig :)maybe i'll see ya there

It was at an ampitheater at the zoo, with spaceships, superheroes, santa martians, big ballons al la Muse, and Wayne pleading to free the animals.

Check that, the fifth show. U2 in Arlington, Holiday Havoc in Vegas, Atlanta, Ft.Worth and OKC. Nokia in 07 doesn't count, which was my favorite since it was mostly Absolution and BHR and OoS licks and I'd been waiting to see them for so long.

Yes their shows are the best and i'd like to hear Bliss or Sing for Absolution but I won't hold my breath.

There is too much time off not to play more dates in Texas. If you sell the ticket i know of alot of people that would buy it and if you keep it then i might just see ya there. :happy:

Archived