Does ACL have a radius clause for headliners? If they do, I imagine Muse wouldn't be able to play before or after close to the festival date. I'm not sure how many miles away from Austin that would mean though.

As Texas is a big state, I'm not sure either. They could probably get away with like Corpus Christi or something. But yeah, pretty sure there is a radius clause.

I don't think they do. In 2007 Muse played ACL and Nokia Theater and well, Dallas/Grand Prairie isn't far from Austin at all. Mm although i guess it depends if they're headlining or not.

Yeah, but technically they weren't headliners then, and as Texas is big, I think the radius clause probably only applies to Austin/San Antonio area. So no AT&T Center or Alamodome shows, I'm thinking.

Any chance another show in houston? probably not....

I am so excited now! It will be my first festival:D Hopefully I can hang out with some of you guys since I'm 85% sure I'm going alone.:(

and do you think they will do the setlist voting??

Does ACL have a radius clause for headliners? If they do, I imagine Muse wouldn't be able to play before or after close to the festival date. I'm not sure how many miles away from Austin that would mean though.

I don't think they do. Dead Weather and Artic Monkeys played at ACL last year, and they played in Dallas on Monday. Plus, some bands do "aftershows" at ACL during the festival or the Thursday before (the Them Crooked Vultures one last year was fantastic!)

I don't think they do. Dead Weather and Artic Monkeys played at ACL last year, and they played in Dallas on Monday. Plus, some bands do "aftershows" at ACL during the festival or the Thursday before (the Them Crooked Vultures one last year was fantastic!)

I think after shows are a different scenario though, because they're often associated with the festival and at C3 venues. Idk...

I think after shows are a different scenario though, because they're often associated with the festival and at C3 venues. Idk...

Yeah, I meant that you can still be able to see bands play around Austin because of the aftershows. I wish some of them weren't so expensive!

I really want to do this. Maybe, just maybe, if the single day passes are a fair amount I might get one. That would mean id being driving to Austin and seeing them by myself. :(

i want to say that i pay 85 plus fees for the single day ticket last year :erm:

you might drive to austin by yourself... but you definitely wouldn't be seeing them by yourself :happy:

btw i'm still waiting on the lineup for friday to decide whether or not i'll be going to the OKC gig

I've seen AF mind-blowing set at Coachella in 2007. I've been thinking of going to Oxegen. It's like the festival made for me: Muse, Arcade Fire, Editors, Kasabian, Doves, Faithless, Sterophonics, Delphic, EotS, Goldfrapp and many more ... WOW!

If you go to Oxegen, taaaake meee wiiiiith youuuu! How the fuck do you get to go to so many music festivals? I really want to work them as a career. I'm so jealousss...

I hope they play Sunday!!! I don't know if I can survive being in Ok. on friday and then driving down to Austin that next day :( Thats going to be crazy!

If I end up going to the OKC gig that is exactly what I'm gonna do. I don't want to miss a lot of ACL, it's tons of fun and the rumors about the lineup are far too good.

Can't wait until the 18th!

I did some research in forums and went back to the reported violence in Oxegen's past (almost every year - there's just way too many troublemakers there. Even though the lineup is awesome and if I could do safer Green camping, it is too negatively intimidating for me). Oxegen is a very scary festival. I think am not going to that one. Roksilde's lineup overall for my taste is not as good but I really would love to go to Denmark. It is as expensive as Oxegen/Ireland though.

Erm, do you remember what happened at Roskilde? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

So let's see, confirmed bands so far?

Flaming Lips, Eagles, Muse, M.I.A., Band of Horses, Spoon, Phish, Phoenix? Not so bad, I guess. I hope they throw in one more really good headliner, like Arcade Fire or something. Though, then I'd be conflicted in who to see probably. :p

Gah I wanna go so bad. Just hard to find a way out to Austin. My friend who I would have went with hasn't lost hope though, I guess theres still a chance.

I'm gonna go next year for sure, since I'm just going to drive out there myself with a friend probably (I'll be 18, hell if my parents are stopping me) but no muse then probably D:

Just gotta hope for more Texas dates and/or for them to play voodoo fest if I cant go :(

btw, do scalped tickets usually get cheaper come august/september time? If I go I'll probably try to find tickets around then, because my birthday is late august and I might get some money from family to put towards that. Hoping I could get tickets for around 200.

Gah I wanna go so bad. Just hard to find a way out to Austin. My friend who I would have went with hasn't lost hope though, I guess theres still a chance.

I'm gonna go next year for sure, since I'm just going to drive out there myself with a friend probably (I'll be 18, hell if my parents are stopping me) but no muse then probably D:

Just gotta hope for more Texas dates and/or for them to play voodoo fest if I cant go :(

btw, do scalped tickets usually get cheaper come august/september time? If I go I'll probably try to find tickets around then, because my birthday is late august and I might get some money from family to put towards that. Hoping I could get tickets for around 200.

Hmm, possibly. They sold less 3-day passes than usual in an attempt to make more on 1 day passes though, I think, so you might just want to go for the $300 on StubHub. It's a $100 extra, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Just checked on CraigsList in Austin and there are tons of 3 day passes going for less than 300

Just checked on CraigsList in Austin and there are tons of 3 day passes going for less than 300

Well there you go, that's about as good as you're gonna do. Go for it, it's worth it! I mean, 3 single passes is about $250, but you can't re-enter, so if you can find one for about $250, I'd get it.

Oh, and guess what the fence outside Stubb's reportedly says? “They will not control us, we will be victorious.” Muse is now officially, officially, not only radio confirmed for ACL! :)

I need a picture of this :awesome:

So let's see, confirmed bands so far?

Flaming Lips, Eagles, Muse, M.I.A., Band of Horses, Spoon, Phish, Phoenix? Not so bad, I guess. I hope they throw in one more really good headliner, like Arcade Fire or something. Though, then I'd be conflicted in who to see probably. :p

ahhh just found out about M.I.A .awesome: !!

but please no Eagles. no Faith No More.. and I'll stay away from Phish.

Archived