for those of you who think that 'option C' is the most likely (i.e. no headline set at ACL), note well the seemingly bizarre, pointed effort to travel to -- pardon my french, fellow Okies -- RANDOM ASS oklahoma city.

there simply must be some method to that madness. and i surmise it's because they need to high-tail it down the center of the country for a headlining, saturday slot at ACL festival 2010.

just my opinion.

for those of you who think that 'option C' is the most likely (i.e. no headline set at ACL), note well the seemingly bizarre, pointed effort to travel to -- pardon my french, fellow Okies -- RANDOM ASS oklahoma city.

there simply must be some method to that madness. and i surmise it's because they need to high-tail it down the center of the country for a headlining, saturday slot at ACL festival 2010.

just my opinion.

+1

As of now it seems like I'm going solo myself, and I'm sure we can sort out some muser acl shenanigans. (also if anyone needs somewhere to stay, let me know and maybe we can book something together).

This really made me laugh :LOL:, err but is it wrong that I had to read it several times to get it? :$

okay I just bought the cool $190 pass. :D

I'm probably gonna have friends at UT next year so maybe I can stay with them in their dorm:LOL: I don't want to spend the extra money. Yes, we need to have a meet up because I've never been to a festival so I don't know what will be up. And if Muse do play I HAVE to be at the barrier. I missed the barrier twice already so this time I have to.

OKC isn't nearly as random, say, Charlottesville, VA. I totally see what some of you're saying and it's not that I disagree, but this would be the 3rd ACL appearance in 5(?) years. Also, that Saturday is the only possible day for a healining spot. Granted, there will be less to setup in ATX because it's a festival gig, but Oklahoma City to Austin is a fair distance to travel when you'd need to be mostly setup by the morning. If that matters (might not)

I'd like to be proven wrong, of course. Just my 2 cents

okay I just bought the cool $190 pass. :D

I'm probably gonna have friends at UT next year so maybe I can stay with them in their dorm:LOL: I don't want to spend the extra money. Yes, we need to have a meet up because I've never been to a festival so I don't know what will be up. And if Muse do play I HAVE to be at the barrier. I missed the barrier twice already so this time I have to.

Me too. And you know, I didn't even think about that. I might just not go home and stay with my friends downtown, muahahaha. :D

yay! you know Muse make me extra spontaneous. I just bought a 190 ticket and don't even know if they are going to be there (im getting a gut feeling in my stomach that they wont be there:() oh well im sure the lineup will be awesome! But i really only did this because muse "might" be there. if it's anything like the Coachella lineup i will be extremely happy.

Gonna try to get summer passes, since I don't have any money right now, and thats safer as I'll know the set list.

I really hope for Muse though. OKC to Austin really isn't that far, we are talking like 6 hours.

I just find it hard to believe that they would be playing a city pretty close to Austin right around ACL, and have a perfect gap for ACL. Also that they wouldn't announce any Texas dates, when they usually play Texas (I expect them to at least play San Antonio or something, maybe im wrong though)

I mean this is mostly on hunch, theres factors against it, but I think they will be there.

yay! you know Muse make me extra spontaneous. I just bought a 190 ticket and don't even know if they are going to be there (im getting a gut feeling in my stomach that they wont be there:() oh well im sure the lineup will be awesome! But i really only did this because muse "might" be there. if it's anything like the Coachella lineup i will be extremely happy.

Eh, even if they're not there, it'll be great. Some people have even said Flaming Lips, Phoenix, and Spoon are "confirmed." And like I said, I'm pretty sure about Muse. 101X hinted at it too, right?

Eh, even if they're not there, it'll be great. Some people have even said Flaming Lips, Phoenix, and Spoon are "confirmed." And like I said, I'm pretty sure about Muse. 101X hinted at it too, right?

:pope:

I. had. not. thought. of. that. possibility. :eek:

That'd be one of the bands that would probably make me more excited than Muse :LOL:

I am so excited for Austin City Limits! It is going to be epic, Muse or no Muse. If they end up not performing that weekend though, I hope they play another Texas date. The first night of ACL conflicting with the Oklahoma City gig = :noey: Need my fix!

I'm going with two friends of mine, neither of which is into the band. So hopefully I'll see you guys in the front row. ;)

-fingers crossed-

Other rumored bands include The Strokes and Arcade Fire. I doubt Soundgarden will be there, but that would be amazing if they did.

So, for anyone looking for a hotel, I was thinking we could get one of those big suites with a half kitchen and split costs. Muser hotel party. :awesome: I know of several friends that are going to ACL.

I haven't heard anything about Phoenix, but they do have 3 Texas dates at the end of this month/beginning of next month already, and they played it last year, so I don't know. But I would be happy with that, even though I'm seeing one of those 3 dates i mentioned. I heard they killed it at Coachella.

Also Flaming Lips I have heard, and that will make me very happy, though I am probably seeing them in June at Free Press Summer Fest. Spoon I've also heard and that'd make me happy too, they are actualy from Austin too. I could see that.

But those three would make it worth it alone IMO. Even though I'm sure theres going to be plenty more.

Also heard the Strokes, which would be awesome, and Arcade Fire, who I'd absolutely kill to see. Soundgarden I haven't listened to as much, but that'd be cool too.

You know Flaming Lips is playing Free Press Summerfest up in Houston right? I can't go, but you could...

I was wondering if anyone else was going to this, I'm probably going to go. 25 bucks to see Flaming Lips and Ra Ra Riot? Sign me up. Also just listened to most of a Stars album the other day, and they are great too.

It'd also be good so I can see what a festival like that is like before I go to ACL and/or Voodoo Fest, since I've never been to a festival.

I was wondering if anyone else was going to this, I'm probably going to go. 25 bucks to see Flaming Lips and Ra Ra Riot? Sign me up. Also just listened to most of a Stars album the other day, and they are great too.

It'd also be good so I can see what a festival like that is like before I go to ACL and/or Voodoo Fest, since I've never been to a festival.

Saw Stars as ACL, love them! Wish I could go, but I'll be in DC that week.

Saw Stars as ACL, love them! Wish I could go, but I'll be in DC that week.

Yeah, the album I listened to was "Set Yourself on Fire", i listened through like the first 9 songs and really really liked it.

Also, apparently, they haven't announced all the bands yet. I doubt anyone big is going to be announced, but hey, I can hope (Maybe a less known band that I really like). It also ends up the weekend right after I get out of school, so that works out really well.

I saw The Flaming Lips at NX35 in Denton. Wayne Coyne is a crazy guy, haha.

They would headline ACL is they played, right? I don't really have a grasp of how big they are.

They are really big, but I dunno if they'd headline over some of the other bands I hear rumors about or not. Sub headliner (or whatever you'd call it) for sure, but I dunno.

Arcade Fire would be ace too! I'm hoping for Bright Eyes, since they're supposed to be releasing an album this year.

So, for anyone looking for a hotel, I was thinking we could get one of those big suites with a half kitchen and split costs. Muser hotel party. :awesome: I know of several friends that are going to ACL.

Oh that would be fun! I smell destruction

You know Flaming Lips is playing Free Press Summerfest up in Houston right? I can't go, but you could...

I don't know if I can make it, I'm starting summer school on June 1st. FAIL

But my mom really wants to go to Houston soon so maybe I could convince her of going on these dates :awesome:

Haha, that'd be great, but if I go, one of my friends who was interested in going said his sister is moving to Austin and probably wouldn't mind if we stay with her, and I don't know a good way of convincing my parents to let me stay with a bunch of random people from the internet :awesome:

Those you saying Phoenix... saw them last year at ACL and :awesome:. My favorite performance last year. The rumored bands all sound great (minus Green Day) and it would be awesome if we just got some of them.

I dunno if the Flaming Lips would headline or not. There's a good chance, seeing as though Ghostland and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs both co-headlined last year.

Come on May 18th!

and more Muse dates :D

Those you saying Phoenix... saw them last year at ACL and :awesome:. My favorite performance last year. The rumored bands all sound great (minus Green Day) and it would be awesome if we just got some of them.

I dunno if the Flaming Lips would headline or not. There's a good chance, seeing as though Ghostland and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs both co-headlined last year.

Come on May 18th!

and more Muse dates :D

I'm thinking Flaming Lips Friday night, but not necessarily as THE headliner, like Ghostland. Don't know who would be on the other stage though. I hope it's Green Day, so I can skip them. :p

Archived