I need a picture of this :awesome:

ahhh just found out about M.I.A .awesome: !!

but please no Eagles. no Faith No More.. and I'll stay away from Phish.

Sorry, Eagles is confirmed. Phish was practically confirmed by a radio station tweet "Gone Phishing?" But here's an article link for you with pics: http://www.avclub.com/austin/articles/latest-acl-fest-teasers-mia-muse,41105/

Sorry, Eagles is confirmed. Phish was practically confirmed by a radio station tweet "Gone Phishing?" But here's an article link for you with pics: http://www.avclub.com/austin/articles/latest-acl-fest-teasers-mia-muse,41105/

Ah yes I just found the link on the other thread :LOL:

Well I'm sure they'll have an alternative to both Eagles and Phish so that's alright. Plus Muse is going to be there! what more could I ask for :happy:

Ah yes I just found the link on the other thread :LOL:

Well I'm sure they'll have an alternative to both Eagles and Phish so that's alright. Plus Muse is going to be there! what more could I ask for :happy:

Hmm, well ACL tradition is to have the Sunday night closer be the only band playing, so maybe we should skip Eagles and go to a (hopefully good) Stubb's aftershow or something? Depends on the aftershows I guess. :D Thankfully, Muse will probably play opposite of Phish on Saturday night I think, so no worried there. At least, that's my thinking.

I know absolutely nothing of Phish (Considering I had just barely heard the name, when I heard they played huge festivals I was like "lolwat". My friend was like that too. Are they just less popular in this part of town or is it because I was too young in the 90s to know?). Should I bother checking them out?

I mean if they are going to conflict with Muse then i wont care, i wouldnt see them no matter how good they are, but still curious.

Also, I don't love the Eagles, but they have a few good songs. Now I have no clue how they sound nowadays, but I would at least see them.

Hmm, well ACL tradition is to have the Sunday night closer be the only band playing, so maybe we should skip Eagles and go to a (hopefully good) Stubb's aftershow or something? Depends on the aftershows I guess. :D Thankfully, Muse will probably play opposite of Phish on Saturday night I think, so no worried there. At least, that's my thinking.

ah cool I didn't know that. So yeah we could either find a nice aftershow if the headliner isn't too appealing.. or maybe we'll be absolutely dead by then :LOL: can't wait for tuesdaaay

ah cool I didn't know that. So yeah we could either find a nice aftershow if the headliner isn't too appealing.. or maybe we'll be absolutely dead by then :LOL: can't wait for tuesdaaay

Yeah, I mean, last time I went to the Sunday night closer (Foo Fighters), I ended up in the med tent behind the stage. Looong story. :LOL: Involves my friends ditching me for backstage passes.

Yeah, I mean, last time I went to the Sunday night closer (Foo Fighters), I ended up in the med tent behind the stage. Looong story. :LOL: Involves my friends ditching me for backstage passes.

:eek: that's terrible tho! I would never ditch you for backstage passes.. err.. unless if this involved muse in any way :LOL: kidding! :p

and of course you realise that now you have to at least give us the short version of this story!

:eek: that's terrible tho! I would never ditch you for backstage passes.. err.. unless if this involved muse in any way :LOL: kidding! :p

and of course you realise that now you have to at least give us the short version of this story!

Okai, okai. Basically, I went off from my friends, telling them I was just going to try to push forward and get some good pics and then come back. This was during the first few songs. So I left them with my stuff, then got a text 15 minutes later to come back. So I pushed my way back and they were gone, my stuff with them. I then spent time trying to figure out where the hell a group of 10 people could have gone, only for my friend Sunayna to rush out from behind the "door" (fence-thing) to backstage, grab her camera back, hurriedly say some dude gave them all backstage passes, and then run away. I was a bit in shock and depressed that I'd been ditched and tried to phone over and over. At that point, I just wanted to get my stuff back (included my school work for the next day) and go home. Of course, she wouldn't answer her phone, so I sat there crying in front of the entrance to backstage. Eventually, I started hyperventilating because I was so hurt, and my entire went all pins and needles, making me think I was dying, so I had a full blown panic attack. So, lo and behold, security who I had begged to let me backstage so I could go get my stuff, notices and calls medical over, who take me backstage (the irony) to the med tent. From there, they helped me calm down and stuff and I called me mom. I really barely heard the Foo Fighters play at all. I finally get a call from Sunayna as they're leaving and she's like "oh, we're going, here's your stuff, and you can have our backstage passes if you want and go watch the rest of the show." I was beyond depressed and pissed, and the med people bused me to the front of the fest where my mom came and picked me up. The next day, I didn't go to school and got concerned calls from Sunayna and my other friends wondering what was wrong. To this day, they don't really get why I reacted the way I did, but I have major issues with abandonment and was super hurt by their callousness. So yeah, really, I technically saw the Foo Fighters, but not really at all. :LOL: Uh, think that's it. Told you it was a long story.

To this day, they don't really get why I reacted the way I did, but I have major issues with abandonment and was super hurt by their callousness. So yeah, really, I technically saw the Foo Fighters, but not really at all. :LOL: Uh, think that's it. Told you it was a long story.

awwwww Yeah I have issues with going to shows in large groups because it's so hard to stay together and then finding each other can be messy. Especially in large crowds like festivals, it's probably best to stay together.

I'm glad this thread had the life breathed back into it!

Less than a week until the lineup is released! WOOOO. :LOL:

So excited about Muse, Phoenix, & M.I.A.! Still keeping my fingers crossed for Arcade Fire or The Strokes, and hoping they don't play the same time as Muse...

Someone should tell the OP to go in and change the title of this thread so there's no question marks. After all, it's confirmed now, isn't it?

I don't who the mod is, but send them a message telling them to change the titled to "Austin City Limits, October 2010" - looks nicer :D

I'd rather have greenday than the eagles.:$ I'm just so freakin excited about muse and praying for atoms for peace/jonsi/regina spektor (not getting my hopes up that high though:p) But if they were all there I would seriously DIE of shock.

oh and hoping for more TX dates (I am very greedy if you can't tell)

So what else is there to do in Austin, or are you so tired from the fest to do anything?

Yeah me too, but whatever. We can camp in my yard? :LOL: We live on a golf pond and have a huge empty side lot. Or in my living room. ;)

ooh let's do this. I've never gone camping. :LOL:

I'd rather have greenday than the eagles.:$

Yeah me too actually. To be honest, I know a lot of the older Green Day songs and I don't hate American Idiot as an album :LOL: so maybe that would've been fun. The Eagles, well I don't mean to be hating but it sounds like a boring act for a festival :p But I've come to terms with it!

Need. Tuesday. NOW.

I'd rather have greenday than the eagles.:$ I'm just so freakin excited about muse and praying for atoms for peace/jonsi/regina spektor (not getting my hopes up that high though:p) But if they were all there I would seriously DIE of shock.

oh and hoping for more TX dates (I am very greedy if you can't tell)

So what else is there to do in Austin, or are you so tired from the fest to do anything?

I would choose Green Day>Eagles too, but since Eagles are already confirmed, I don't want both to ruin my fest! :eek: I saw Regina Spektor a few years ago at ACL on my way to the bathroom. :LOL: She was good. Jonsi is touring right? So possible.

As for Austin, my picks: aftershows at Stubb's, etc.; movie at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema (best cinemas in America); 6th street night life

I haven't been to Austin that many times, but every time I've gone I loved it. Its where I hope to move when I'm done with school. Awesome city and im sure it isnt hard to find something to do while your there.

Anyways, saw in the other thread that stubbs was all ages for after shows. That makes me very happy.

I'm going to try to find a way out there this October. If I find a job money shouldnt be a problem. My friend hasnt lost hope so I guess I wont.

Anyway, some unnannounced bands I'm gonna hope for but not hold my breath for- Vampire Weekend, Silversun Pickups, Two Door Cinema Club, Arctic Monkeys (:D), MGMT, Brand New, Surfer Blood, Titus Andronicus, Cage the Elephant

I'm kinda expecting Vampire Weekend, others would be awesome but yeah

Archived