I don't think they did. Chris said on twitter that they had to leave quickly to get to New Orleans today.

also, and most importantly he has a footie game at 4pm today.. :p:D

btw.. I think its so cool that he tweeted to so many people last night. I have tweeted to him several times but never a response back.. :( I can't figure out if I am doing something wrong.. Is it just luck on who he responds to?

btw.. I think its so cool that he tweeted to so many people last night. I have tweeted to him several times but never a response back.. :( I can't figure out if I am doing something wrong.. Is it just luck on who he responds to?

He said on Twitter that it's just luck, he responds randomly. You're doing nothing wrong, honey :kiss:

He has to scroll through lots of people spamming him with things like 'reply to me' and 'whats matts favorite color?' so your's might just be stuck in with a load of them and he doesn't see it.

The crowd on the floor was somewhat subdued. Not much energy there so great songs lead to AT MOST 2-3 people moving their heads back and forth. Kind of expected more from fellow Muse fans.

:wtf:

Where were you? The crowd around us and everywhere else I could see was moving a fair bit. It was quite roudy, moreso than the 3 other shows I saw this year.

great performance, but here's a math equation for you.

y-2=x

y=Patriot's center setlist.

x=Charlottesville setlist.

:stunned:

fuck arena gigs. I'm going to festivals from now on :\

Thank you for saying it! I was ranting all last night about how we got the Fairfax list. I was like "WTF? Seriously? Same setlist twice in the same state?"

shawnee

does anyone know if they came out after the show for fans to meet them?

No go. Chris was out early, but the others weren't. They were there and wouldn't let us anywhere near them. We tried every which way to get to the buses. In the very end, there were 4 of us including my pregnant friend. We tried the whole "use the pregnant lady to get access" but it didn't work :) They wouldn't take anything to them at all. I even asked if we could take a picture of us just standing in front of the bus. Hell, the security guy wouldn't even let us take a picture of him standing with us! We gave up about 1:00PM. It was bollocks.

What really hacked me off was how rude all the bouncers/security staff were. Glow sticks confiscated, told several times not to record when I had a standard still camera (at one point I literally took a picture of the other guard and made the guy yelling at me look at it), and they were way WAY rude about bus call. I mean it's the last night of the US tour and you can't be assed to come out for ten minutes and talk to people who have waited in the rain all day for you? Pretty poor IMHO.

BEST part of the whole thing was this thread and the enthusiasm of all the forum musers who stood all day waiting for the band and then still had the energy to give a good show themselves up at the barrier. My hats off to them. You guys really are the super fans.

But honestly, I felt after last night's performance they didn't deserve that sort of loyalty. Same setlist they did in NOVA, no enthusiasm, almost like they were going through the motions. At Patriot, the vibe was very different and the band was all smiles and laughter. Here, it was like Matt couldn't get off the stage quick enough.

My theories on the lackadaisical performance boils down to:

1) they're burnt out after like 3 years on the road

2) they were pissed that they only filled about half the seats

3) Matt was unwell

4) Kate was in town to go to Voodoo

There might be others but I'm too tired to contemplate further, but it wasn't from lack of enthusiasm from the crowd. The crowd kept up their end of the bargain.

However, on the rude security thing, this is what I was told by a music biz person. Make of it what you will:

Muse have the same mgmt as Metallica. Since the whole Morgan Harrington thing at JPJ, the venue has effectively turned into a police state. That's why they didn't want us hanging around after the show. They didn't want the liability. Bus call was probably doomed from the beginning just on that premise.

Anyhow, I'm not trying to be a downer. I know someone's going to flame me for not being loyal enough or dedicated enough or something of that ilk. I've been to better MUSE shows plain and simple. And I feel letdown for both myself and for all of you who went that we didn't get something remotely special for the last night.

So there you go.

On the bright side, I got a few photos. Will have to flickr them and then share. Particularly good one of Dom saying good night.

No go. Chris was out early, but the others weren't. They were there and wouldn't let us anywhere near them. We tried every which way to get to the buses. In the very end, there were 4 of us including my pregnant friend. We tried the whole "use the pregnant lady to get access" but it didn't work :) They wouldn't take anything to them at all. I even asked if we could take a picture of us just standing in front of the bus. Hell, the security guy wouldn't even let us take a picture of him standing with us! We gave up about 1:00PM. It was bollocks.

What really hacked me off was how rude all the bouncers/security staff were. Glow sticks confiscated, told several times not to record when I had a standard still camera (at one point I literally took a picture of the other guard and made the guy yelling at me look at it), and they were way WAY rude about bus call. I mean it's the last night of the US tour and you can't be assed to come out for ten minutes and talk to people who have waited in the rain all day for you? Pretty poor IMHO.

BEST part of the whole thing was this thread and the enthusiasm of all the forum musers who stood all day waiting for the band and then still had the energy to give a good show themselves up at the barrier. My hats off to them. You guys really are the super fans.

But honestly, I felt after last night's performance they didn't deserve that sort of loyalty. Same setlist they did in NOVA, no enthusiasm, almost like they were going through the motions. At Patriot, the vibe was very different and the band was all smiles and laughter. Here, it was like Matt couldn't get off the stage quick enough.

3) Matt was unwell

There might be others but I'm too tired to contemplate further, but it wasn't from lack of enthusiasm from the crowd. The crowd kept up their end of the bargain.

However, on the rude security thing, this is what I was told by a music biz person. Make of it what you will:

Muse have the same mgmt as Metallica. Since the whole Morgan Harrington thing at JPJ, the venue has effectively turned into a police state. That's why they didn't want us hanging around after the show. They didn't want the liability. Bus call was probably doomed from the beginning just on that premise.

Anyhow, I'm not trying to be a downer. I know someone's going to flame me for not being loyal enough or dedicated enough or something of that ilk. I've been to better MUSE shows plain and simple. And I feel letdown for both myself and for all of you who went that we didn't get something remotely special for the last night.

So there you go.

On the bright side, I got a few photos. Will have to flickr them and then share. Particularly good one of Dom saying good night.

Lol, it's good and bad to hear our crazyness on the sexy plane was one of the best parts (Pretty sure we were talking about that while the gig was going on). I probably know how you somewhat feel since I went to the Sacramento gig and their energy wasn't as good as what I've seen before and the crowd, at least where I was, was into it.

I forgot one thing. The third best thing about the show was the post show vodka tonic I had while watching the crew break down the stage. Kudos to those guys. It was like a well oiled machine. I watched the towers come down, the stage get slid to the middle of the floor, and stuff get boxed up in MUSE boxes. I have respect for those guys.

That was my second Muse show, came from MD. The gps glitched and sent us to a different university which was about an hour away. It just so happens there is a street named the same thing and had the same address, lol. We got there and the security people were terrible, they made us walk back and forth to get different wristbands and searched us 5 times. Anyways, got to the floor right when Muse started Uprising. They all looked a little tired but it was good none the less. The crowd was a lot better then the show in Baltimore.

Got back home around 4 in the morning, got a ticket too. Overall it was good although the setlist was meh.

I'm not even gonna read any posts because I know it's gonna be full of b*tching. Anyways, I just wanted to say that I thought this show was absolutely fabulous!! The crowd was great were I was! First time in the pit and it was awesome! I got center barrier! :D

This show was completely amazing!! I wanted to thank that girl who gave my cousin a GA ticket. (I didn't catch her name) He was absolutely beaming and was soooo excited! Plus it was his birthday today so that made it really special :)

Okay, just wanted to say that. I'm not reading anything in this thread. I'm just going to remember and love every second of that gig!

That was my second Muse show, came from MD. The gps glitched and sent us to a different university which was about an hour away. It just so happens there is a street named the same thing and had the same address, lol. We got there and the security people were terrible, they made us walk back and forth to get different wristbands and searched us 5 times. Anyways, got to the floor right when Muse started Uprising. They all looked a little tired but it was good none the less. The crowd was a lot better then the show in Baltimore.

Got back home around 4 in the morning, got a ticket too. Overall it was good although the setlist was meh.

Yeah, I'll back you on that. I re-read my previous post and thought perhaps I was somewhat harsh, but I couldn't help but be irritated by the laisez-faire aspect from the band. I know that's going to be controversial, but I guess that's how I roll. The crowd, on the other hand, was great. I was one back from barrier right in front of Matt's mike - some of the musers around me cracked me up big time. I wish I had gotten their names. Very fun crowd and everyone was polite. Couldn't say the same for security of course.

<ungrateful obviously>You just would've thought that as the last arena gig they could've sucked it up for one more show.</ungrateful obviously>

I'm not even gonna read any posts because I know it's gonna be full of b*tching. Anyways, I just wanted to say that I thought this show was absolutely fabulous!! The crowd was great were I was! First time in the pit and it was awesome! I got center barrier! :D

This show was completely amazing!! I wanted to thank that girl who gave my cousin a GA ticket. (I didn't catch her name) He was absolutely beaming and was soooo excited! Plus it was his birthday today so that made it really special :)

Okay, just wanted to say that. I'm not reading anything in this thread. I'm just going to remember and love every second of that gig!

Considering the setlist, this thread actually isn't full of bitching

Great to see you had a good time. There actually wasn't any bitching on the sexy plane last night.

3) Matt was unwell

So there you go.

I've been to several shows at JPJ and the security there was god awful. Just too strict on everything. I was able to record the whole show but I know the security there would be bad so I was in stealth mode in the middle of the crowd. Paranoid one of them would tell me to stop haha. Oh well, on my way to New Orleans now. Will try to record there too

I've been to several shows at JPJ and the security there was god awful. Just too strict on everything. I was able to record the whole show but I know the security there would be bad so I was in stealth mode in the middle of the crowd. Paranoid one of them would tell me to stop haha. Oh well, on my way to New Orleans now. Will try to record there too

I've read a lot about the security, but it's important to keep in mind what happened with Morgan Harrington last year at the Metallica concert at the JPJ. They want to be as safe as possible, and I respect that.

Yeah, I'll back you on that. I re-read my previous post and thought perhaps I was somewhat harsh, but I couldn't help but be irritated by the laisez-faire aspect from the band. I know that's going to be controversial, but I guess that's how I roll. The crowd, on the other hand, was great. I was one back from barrier right in front of Matt's mike - some of the musers around me cracked me up big time. I wish I had gotten their names. Very fun crowd and everyone was polite. Couldn't say the same for security of course.

<ungrateful obviously>You just would've thought that as the last arena gig they could've sucked it up for one more show.</ungrateful obviously>

They all seemed very tired, but after a while of touring I can understand why. I still would have liked to see Matt all over the place like he was when I last saw them. I know one thing for sure though, I will not go back to that venue. I felt like I was being processed to be put in prison, lol.

This was the first Muse full show for my daughter and me and we had a terrific time. Everybody around us was singing at the top of their lungs and so were we. I'm not a new Muse fan, I'm an oldie, doesn't matter, I AM A FAN! I got a great show at a reasonable price and loved every minute of it.:p:LOL::D

I've read a lot about the security, but it's important to keep in mind what happened with Morgan Harrington last year at the Metallica concert at the JPJ. They want to be as safe as possible, and I respect that.

well, the security was always like that even before that incident

sure the setlist was generic, but for Muse, generic is orgasmic.

I can barely speak today I was singing so loud.

Maybe because I was in the stands......

should I go GA next time and camp out?

Also Wembley or Glastonbury?

P.s. sorry I missed the meet up y'all. Major traffic made us miss most of metric :\

If any of you saw a dude wearing a red jacket with red skinny jeans, that was me.

I got plenty of stares. :LOL:

p.p.s me and chris were matching nbd.

p.p.s the sound was pretty shit compared to the patriot center.

Thanks! :)

To be honest, :shifty: I didn't even read any of the thread. I just don't want to be brought down after such an awesome gig :(

It shouldn't matters what everyone else says about it...

Your POV is the important thing here you know, like for

me... In my

memories I see this gig as part if my whole week, it couldn't be better. And they gave what they wanted yo give and they did it fucking right.

The venue policy about "security issues" is just stupid BUT Fter the gig I was walking with my mask and a police stopped me

around the corner that takes you to the parking lot and told me "do you know that full face masks are illigal?" and I was like... :erm: no...

So yes, he said if u are over 16 u can't wear mask that cover your whole face. Lame.

The blond short security guy putting us the wristbands was an idiot.. When we were waiting for the band to come out he moved us like if we were animals... Ugh.. Idiot! :fear:

anyways... Like I said,the way I see the vnue policy/security issues are different to the way I see the band and their show.

I used to love Muse a lot... Now is something more... Something different... I get how exhausting being on the road is, crazy and some stupid fans doing stupid things that they have to deal with... And the hardcore fans that just want to have a good time..

I had a great time with my friends, the ones that I

met in London, and the ones that I got

to meet during this week... I miss u all already.

It shouldn't matters what everyone else says about it...

Your POV is the important thing here you know, like for

me... In my

memories I see this gig as part if my whole week, it couldn't be better. And they gave what they wanted yo give and they did it fucking right.

The venue policy about "security issues" is just stupid BUT Fter the gig I was walking with my mask and a police stopped me

around the corner that takes you to the parking lot and told me "do you know that full face masks are illigal?" and I was like... :erm: no...

So yes, he said if u are over 16 u can't wear mask that cover your whole face. Lame.

The blond short security guy putting us the wristbands was an idiot.. When we were waiting for the band to come out he moved us like if we were animals... Ugh.. Idiot! :fear:

anyways... Like I said,the way I see the vnue policy/security issues are different to the way I see the band and their show.

I used to love Muse a lot... Now is something more... Something different... I get how exhausting being on the road is, crazy and some stupid fans doing stupid things that they have to deal with... And the hardcore fans that just want to have a good time..

I had a great time with my friends, the ones that I

met in London, and the ones that I got

to meet during this week... I miss u all already.

I know I shouldn't care about what others think, but it's like walking out of a movie theater and loving a movie, then hearing everybody just complain about it. It kinda takes away some of the excitement about it. At least for me, maybe that's kinda stupid......

I never thought a queue line could be so fun :) I don't know if everybody else enjoyed themselves but I sure as heck did. Meeting you guys was awesome! I was too shy to introduce myself for the longest time but I'm glad I did! :happy:

Archived