somewhat off-topic but we have nothing else to talk about anyway i suppose, and you guys have always been real helpful, and I dont have a good place to ask anyway without making a full thread which I dont wanna do.

Looking at summer shows, not a whole lot it seems like. But I found three im interested in, and I'll probably go to at least one of them.

Between these three, who should I see? Silversun Pickups with Against Me and the Henry Clay People, Streetlight Manifesto with Dan Potthast, the Wonder Years, and The Super Villains, or Passion Pit with Tokyo Police Club?

PP is 25 bucks, Streetlight is 13, and SSPU isnt on sale yet but im sure itll be somewhere between 20-30 bucks. Not a huge Passion Pit fan, but a live show would probably be pretty fun, be like a big dance party (hopefully Muse will come to Houston with them, but im not holding my breath. I'd rather Metric opening than them though). Streetlight I love and would love to see live, but I dunno. SSPU though may be my favorite here, but I have already seen them (opening for Muse of course), though they didn't play some of my favorite songs. They'd probably be the most expensive though.

Also, if anyone could shed light on some of the supporting acts, that'd be great, I havent heard any of them. Also, its at Warehouse Live in Houston. Good venue?

somewhat off-topic but we have nothing else to talk about anyway i suppose, and you guys have always been real helpful, and I dont have a good place to ask anyway without making a full thread which I dont wanna do.

Looking at summer shows, not a whole lot it seems like. But I found three im interested in, and I'll probably go to at least one of them.

Between these three, who should I see? Silversun Pickups with Against Me and the Henry Clay People, Streetlight Manifesto with Dan Potthast, the Wonder Years, and The Super Villains, or Passion Pit with Tokyo Police Club?

PP is 25 bucks, Streetlight is 13, and SSPU isnt on sale yet but im sure itll be somewhere between 20-30 bucks. Not a huge Passion Pit fan, but a live show would probably be pretty fun, be like a big dance party (hopefully Muse will come to Houston with them, but im not holding my breath. I'd rather Metric opening than them though). Streetlight I love and would love to see live, but I dunno. SSPU though may be my favorite here, but I have already seen them (opening for Muse of course), though they didn't play some of my favorite songs. They'd probably be the most expensive though.

Also, if anyone could shed light on some of the supporting acts, that'd be great, I havent heard any of them. Also, its at Warehouse Live in Houston. Good venue?

I actually really like all those bands, and if it were me I'd see SSPU again because I love them (and am seeing them in June, at least they're coming to FL). But, Streetlight Manifesto is awesome, and if money's a factor, they'd be more than worth the cost (and with 3 openers you get more bang for your buck). Also, I went to school with the Supervillains :awesome: and they're great too. Ska FTW! You really can't go wrong!

I have the same dilemmas in Austin. I did end up buying a PP ticket, so hopefully that'll be fun. As for SSPU, if it helps at Stubb's it costs $28 + fees, so I think I may pass since I have seen them do 5 short sets already at fests and as openers, etc. Cheap concerts are worth it, so go for Streetlight, too. I think I may come out to Houston to see Keane in July. :D Other bands I have tickets to so far this summer: Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, La Roux, Barenaked Ladies (maybe? my dad wants to go...). And I might go up to NYC and see The Dead Weather and Empire of the Sun, we'll see! Man, I love live music. :p

I actually really like all those bands, and if it were me I'd see SSPU again because I love them (and am seeing them in June, at least they're coming to FL). But, Streetlight Manifesto is awesome, and if money's a factor, they'd be more than worth the cost (and with 3 openers you get more bang for your buck). Also, I went to school with the Supervillains :awesome: and they're great too. Ska FTW! You really can't go wrong!

I'm thinking I'm going to go to SSPU for sure, and try to do Streetlight also if I can.

Biggest problem is finding a ride/someone to go with. I think I can pretty easily find one for SSPU, though Streetlight will be harder.

I have the same dilemmas in Austin. I did end up buying a PP ticket, so hopefully that'll be fun. As for SSPU, if it helps at Stubb's it costs $28 + fees, so I think I may pass since I have seen them do 5 short sets already at fests and as openers, etc. Cheap concerts are worth it, so go for Streetlight, too. I think I may come out to Houston to see Keane in July. :D Other bands I have tickets to so far this summer: Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, La Roux, Barenaked Ladies (maybe? my dad wants to go...). And I might go up to NYC and see The Dead Weather and Empire of the Sun, we'll see! Man, I love live music. :p

The past year or so I've been trying to go to every concert I can :p I love it. I wish I actually lived in Houston though (or in a place like Austin). I would go too many many more concerts (Seen many that were real cheap but its hard to make the trip out there often when I gotta find someone to go with because of my parents :/). I was hoping for silversun I could get two tickets for under 50, but sounds like I might not be able to, damn. But, Stubbs is bigger than warehouse live, isnt it? Because I notice stubbs gets some pretty big artists (Drake, MGMT, and Robert Plant are all coming, they are all pretty big), bigger than Warehouse Live gets it looks like. Maybe it'll be cheaper at Warehouse Live. I can hope!

I hate to say this, but i've given up on Muse coming to Florida. If they were going to announce dates, they would of done so now. Don't know what their beef is with us but i'm just disappointed .:supersad:t2315.gif

:( I haven't given up hope yet! People keep saying they might be waiting until next week after ACL is announced, so maybe. In a couple of weeks, though, desperation is gonna force me to buy tickets to Raleigh/Charlottesville. Off of scalpers for an inflated cost too:fear: My family is gonna disown me! :p

I hate to say this, but i've given up on Muse coming to Florida. If they were going to announce dates, they would of done so now. Don't know what their beef is with us but i'm just disappointed .:supersad:t2315.gif

I know it sucks waiting, but wait until May 18th when ACL line-up is announced, I'm sure they are going to announce more dates then! They have a huge gap.

I think I may come out to Houston to see Keane in July. :D

Yes :awesome: Come on guys, let's all go see Keane in July! I swear their bass player makes it all worth :LOL: Well and the keyboard dude. :p

I hate to say this, but i've given up on Muse coming to Florida. If they were going to announce dates, they would of done so now. Don't know what their beef is with us but i'm just disappointed

aww damn :( I'm still hoping on some shows for you guys, really. Hoping that after the ACL announcement we know about them.

SSPU all the way! :D

Yes :awesome: Come on guys, let's all go see Keane in July! I swear their bass player makes it all worth :LOL: Well and the keyboard dude. :p

I'm going to try. I barely remember the last time I saw Keane, Friday night closing ACL 2005 (my first time at ACL, woo!). I really just remember that they played Try Again and one other to "test" them and ask us if they should go on the next album or not. I lost my old Keane tour shirt though. :(

mmmm I want to see SSPU! I guess you can't always get what you waaant

I'm going to try. I barely remember the last time I saw Keane, Friday night closing ACL 2005 (my first time at ACL, woo!). I really just remember that they played Try Again and one other to "test" them and ask us if they should go on the next album or not. I lost my old Keane tour shirt though. :(

aw that's a shame! I've seen the 3 times but only have one shirt. Last time I saw them was in Toronto so I was too broke to actually buy a shirt, I remember I could barely buy something for lunch that day :LOL: They've changed so much in the last few years, but I always have a lot of fun when I see them

mmmm I want to see SSPU! I guess you can't always get what you waaant

aw that's a shame! I've seen the 3 times but only have one shirt. Last time I saw them was in Toronto so I was too broke to actually buy a shirt, I remember I could barely buy something for lunch that day :LOL: They've changed so much in the last few years, but I always have a lot of fun when I see them

Well, if you want to go to the Austin SSPU show, you can stay with me. :happy:

Where are you coming from?

New Hampshire. I live in Maine, but my friend and I go to college in NH.

I don't have high hopes though, since they were JUST in Boston in March. Unfortunately my friend didn't have enough $$ at the time, and I was in Spain, so we missed it :(

So we definately did the "better safe than sorry" thing in getting the NJ tix :LOL:

Archived