So We'll see you there then!! :LOL: Day tickets are like €100

Unlikely I'll be able to afford it then but just in case...

How easy is it to get to from Dublin airport? If I did it I'd have to do my usual fly in/fly out to keep costs down!

Is everyone heading for the barrier on Muse day? What time would that happen if so? If I couldn't get there early enough then I'd leave it coz I wouldn't enjoy it on my own.

Think I'll just have a little look at flights from Gatwick to Dublin:$

Nah, can't do it. I could have gone back to the airport after Muse on the Saturday night, sleep at the airport and catch the first flight home in the morning, done that twice for Muse already!:LOL::LOL:

I'd have to fly out from Gatwick on the last flight on the Friday night as the first on Saturday is too late in the morning. Can't afford a room.

Was worth investigating though!:LOL:

Hold the fuck up, I aint going :LOL:

You are! I have decided!:p

Kasabian!:eek: Editors!:eek: Flo!:eek: Muse! :eek:

DO IT! :happy:

I can't :( First flight out on the Saturday doesn't land until 11.15am, if it's on time, then it would take ages to get to the festival site.

There are about a million buses from the city centre that day going to Oxegen, they put them on specially. I won't be heading down till about 12 myself anyway.

You are! I have decided!:p

DO IT! :happy:

There are about a million buses from the city centre that day going to Oxegen, they put them on specially. I won't be heading down till about 12 myself anyway.

Really? Presumably though you wouldn't get near the barrier going that late? That wouldn't bother me so long as there were people I knew who were planning on staying further back.

Well the 09.50 out of Gatwick isn't a cheap one unfortunately so the return flights would cost me £75, then there's the festival ticket, bus fares, food etc. I'll see how much I get paid this month (next Thursday) and take it from there! I haven't even looked to see if there are Saturday tix left!:LOL::LOL:

Ah you won't! You will be your usual gorgeous self I'm sure!:LOL: You can text me if you need anything anyway, and I will bring it with me.

:$

Cheers heh. That'd be great.

I haven't seen you since November!!

Really? Presumably though you wouldn't get near the barrier going that late? That wouldn't bother me so long as there were people I knew who were planning on staying further back.

Well the 09.50 out of Gatwick isn't a cheap one unfortunately so the return flights would cost me £75, then there's the festival ticket, bus fares, food etc. I'll see how much I get paid this month (next Thursday) and take it from there! I haven't even looked to see if there are Saturday tix left!:LOL::LOL:

Pip if you want me to bring you food etc rather than buying it there (appaz very expensive) I can do that, it'll prob save you a few Euros! I'll be hanging back a bit too.

Pip if you want me to bring you food etc rather than buying it there (appaz very expensive) I can do that, it'll prob save you a few Euros! I'll be hanging back a bit too.

That's really kind of you Alix! :kiss: I do have €30 left from my Paris trip which I won't exchange for £££ just yet, just in case I can come!

My car is due it's MOT next month and I know I need two new tyres for definite so it's unlikely I'll be able to afford this, BUT! If it turns out I can then I really do want to come!

I suppose flights will only increase in price this close to departure?? I've never checked the price of flights once booked so I don't know if that's the case or not but these are the prices at the moment...

Going Out:

10/07/2010 09:50hrs

London-Gatwick - Dublin

1 x Adult 19.99 GBP

Taxes/Fees 29.85 GBP

1 x Web Check in 5.00 GBP

Coming Back:

11/07/2010 07:45hrs

Dublin - London-Gatwick

1 x Adult 14.99 GBP

Taxes/Fees 0.00 GBP

Total Cost 74.83 GBP

I'll wait til pay day next week then take it from there:)

Well I am not bothered about being at the barrier, just as long as I get into the pit. The pit is a one in, one out system. So make sure ye pee guys!!!

That's really kind of you Alix! :kiss: I do have €30 left from my Paris trip which I won't exchange for £££ just yet, just in case I can come!

My car is due it's MOT next month and I know I need two new tyres for definite so it's unlikely I'll be able to afford this, BUT! If it turns out I can then I really do want to come!

I suppose flights will only increase in price this close to departure?? I've never checked the price of flights once booked so I don't know if that's the case or not but these are the prices at the moment...

Going Out:

10/07/2010 09:50hrs

London-Gatwick - Dublin

1 x Adult 19.99 GBP

Taxes/Fees 29.85 GBP

Coming Back:

11/07/2010 07:45hrs

Dublin - London-Gatwick

1 x Adult 14.99 GBP

Taxes/Fees 0.00 GBP

Total Cost 74.83 GBP

I'll wait til pay day next week then take it from there:)

Avoid using RyanAir, I bought my ticket on there it was meant to be £15 but ended up £175 :mad:

Well you could probably still get the barrier if you wanted, its one in one out for the pit and a lot of people move between stages during the day. I will be hanging back myself, want to see a few other bands and have a few beers. I do need some space to get my Muse groove on anyway!:LOL:

:$

Cheers heh. That'd be great.

I haven't seen you since November!!

I know, it's crazy when we live relatively close. We will make up for it at Oxegen:happy:

So. See you all there on the Saturday then?:D

Yay Becky!

So guys, what are your camping tips?

I intend emptying the lemonade from a country spring bottle (cause of it's 3 litre capacity) and filling it with vodka!!! Alcohol poisoning, here I come!!! :LOL:

*please drink alcohol responsibly........and not spill it all over the place!!

I've got a glass shoulder of vodka into Oxegen two years in a row lol. Just wrapped it up in my sleeping bag and sorted, they never check there. Though I like this country spring idea! I'm at Glastonbury next week, might take an empty one of those with me.

Nah, can't do it. I could have gone back to the airport after Muse on the Saturday night, sleep at the airport and catch the first flight home in the morning, done that twice for Muse already!:LOL::LOL:

I'd have to fly out from Gatwick on the last flight on the Friday night as the first on Saturday is too late in the morning. Can't afford a room.

Was worth investigating though!:LOL:

Try Stansted instead on Sat? Would be awesome if you could go Pip:happy:

Avoid using RyanAir, I bought my ticket on there it was meant to be £15 but ended up £175 :mad:

Never had a problem with Ryanair and to be honest, if you paid more that you were expecting it was probably because you either didn't read the small print or misunderstood the costing of you flights :)

Never had a problem with Ryanair and to be honest, if you paid more that you were expecting it was probably because you either didn't read the small print or misunderstood the costing of you flights :)

This. I love Ryanair! I have been to many many fine meets and gigs using their wonderful aeryplanes! :happy:

Try Stansted instead on Sat? Would be awesome if you could go Pip:happy:

Thanks Claire :)

Flights from Stansted are a LOT cheaper but what I'd gain there I'd lose in either train fare from Worthing to Stansted or in fuel and parking.

Was worth a look though;)

This. I love Ryanair! I have been to many many fine meets and gigs using their wonderful aeryplanes! :happy:

Hee hee! I call them 'hairy planes'! No idea why!:$:LOL:

haha!

great to see this thread spring to life - now I'm getting really excited about the gig :)

only going for the Saturday - which makes it a drag: driving 100+ miles there and then 100+ back all in the one day - not much booze for me :eek:

bit shit you can't camp for just 1 or 2 nights... why?????

It's really weird that they don't have a single day camping ticket thingy. I think every other festival has them. Maybe they are afraid of the mad things trying to smuggle food and drink into the concert, and imagining what chaos they would cause in the campsite!!!:p

haha!

great to see this thread spring to life - now I'm getting really excited about the gig :)

only going for the Saturday - which makes it a drag: driving 100+ miles there and then 100+ back all in the one day - not much booze for me :eek:

bit shit you can't camp for just 1 or 2 nights... why?????

Well to be honest since I am only going for the Saturday too and getting the bus down and back you may well be home before me!:LOL: I will have to go into the city and then get the bus from there, it will be a really long trip, not to mention the trip home from the city at all hours, which will be a proper nightmare. :(

Archived