. I think I like gigs but I'm not very fan of "shows"... you see ?

i understand what you mean as i feel the same. however, in a huge venue and judging by the reports, it will be awesome. if you accept that it is a different experience to a smaller venue, then you will enjoy it.

i have only been to one stadium gig which was Wembley. i always said i would never see a band in a venue that large but i loved it. This tour i'm going to a few!

Dom is standing :LOL: looks so weird

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7Z8V7BKKCA

Awww, Dom has new toy.

Close up of TaB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcILQubJfkk

Besides the utter epicness of the glowing suit and shades, I wonder how that platform moves around? It picks him up, takes him out for TaB, and brings him back in time for PiB. I'm loving the moving platforms.

:happy:

i understand what you mean as i feel the same. however, in a huge venue and judging by the reports, it will be awesome. if you accept that it is a different experience to a smaller venue, then you will enjoy it.

i have only been to one stadium gig which was Wembley. i always said i would never see a band in a venue that large but i loved it. This tour i'm going to a few!

actually my biggest worry is having Guiding Light and Feeling Good and Unintended in one show :noey: literally my 3 least favourite songs :(

the stage is very high and i could only just see dom and much of the time couldn't see chris. matt was in my face most of the time though which suited me just fine! by the way, gotta say chris looked absolutely gorgeous, what a man he is!

Chris is a fine specimen of a man.

The way this thread has moved means this is prob belated, but wth, I started typing so I'll finish:p

:D

Could we possibly keep this thread to discussion of this show, and move the ongoing setlist complaints with the others in the general tour discussion thread please? Thanks.

Hurrah! Gemsy = the voice of sanity

I've waded through enough boring whining about bloody setlists. And before I get slagged off, yes it IS boring to watch/read PAGES AND PAGES of people moaning about what should/not have been played, when all I want to know is what the actual gig was like according to Who Actually Went. Like this:

This gig was amazing, bombastic, epic, massive and all the other superlatives! The stage was huge and so were the screens and the lightning. Not easy to top. Unfortunately I could not see the whole stage in my position (in front of Matt, heheee). They had a rolling platform in front of the stage which could be lifted high up.

They started on time with fans disguised as protestors while playing Uprising!

Setlist: (what I remember)

Neutron star collision, Uprising, Resistance, Undisclosed desires, United states of Eurasia, Guiding light, unnatural selection, I belong to you, exogenesis I, Time is running out, take a bow, nishe, KoC, New Born, Feeling good, Unintended, Map of problematique, Starlight, Supermassive black hole

I think during Unintended they came up with a big silver UFO and an acrobat on wires! Matt changed his suit into another one with blinking Christmas lights on it and freaky glasses! Typical ;) Dom and Chris played a instrumental sequence on the platform which sounded totally cool. Even better and longer than on the automn tour.

I think the band was very exited about the start of the summer tour and so they had a good time on stage and enjoyed playing.

I have to say that it was an amazing gig and I am happy I could be there, as it was so much fun with some people I met. We were banging like hell :D

Like me, they were rather "older" fans and so we missed old times. Don't understand me wrong, it was really spectacular, but I missed a bit the atmosphere of a smaller place. It seemed to be very unpersonal and the band made their show on plan. Some sequences were a bit cheesy for me, as I prefer some "harder" stuff. Also the fan base has changed....how to describe....screming, untouchable, fan girlies, who did not know that you cannot go to a rock concert with flipflops without a blue toenail or fragile hairstile... but there were all kinds of people anyway, which was good.

All in all it was a phenomenal show of phantastic musicians! I'll love MUSE forever although they change and go on, but they are MUSE! Can't wait for the next time!

Thankyou!! :D And this:

sorry, posting from crap phone again! i'm spending a few hours at mark's but will begin uploading my video clips when i get home. see my you tube link if you'd like to view the videos as i don't feel inclined to post them in this whining thread. it'll take a while to get them all uploaded and processed though so be patient! got all the protester intro, all but the first few seconds of ibty, all of nsc, great video of the Berne jam plus what followed, great video of take a bow, great videos of some of the o

http://board.muse.mu/index.php

Thankyou Pip - I always look forward to your stuff:happy:

I was going to say this earlier, but the best way to get rid of the whiners is for the people at the gigs to start posting again. This is my experience from previous gigs - when nothing is going on, the vaccuum sometimes gets filled with the complaints (for better or for worse) so once new things get reported, whining subsides and moves to the other thread.

Here's hoping the next stadium show thread will stay a bit better on course, though, now that the initial turmoil has subsided.

But anyway, I can't wait to see your vids :D I've been waiting for high quality close up vids, I've seen very few so far...

Exactly. What we need are moremore MORE gig reports. And lots of pretty pictures. Static and moving :happy:

BTW, I'm not saying that all reportage HAS to be positive. I'm fine with attending peeps who aren't happy about what they saw/heard/felt. Just that grumpy old musers who Weren't There can take kindly take their opinions elsewhere. You gotta have been at the gig. Watching playback on YT doesn't compare.

All this fuss over a show. What a performance. :rolleyes:

Alltogether now: there's no business like Showbiz-ness...;)

/belatedrant

I think the first time it got played was in Rock in Rio. Someone said it sounded like I Want To Break Free's solo.

Ohhhhh THAT'S the IWTBF bit everyone was talking about. I was listening to the tail end (like near C02 dispensing) and I never heard it. Now I get it.

Archived