Promoters and missing Wembley tickets

stanmarsh

I bought tickets for the Stade de France and Wembley later this year. Tickets for Paris turned up the next week, Wembley, which were booked 10 MONTHS before the gig, according to my "order tracker" will not be dispatched until the last week of August or the first week of September.

What sort of con is that? Seemingly so the promoters can either hang onto the ticket money (possibly about £6.5 million) and earn interest on it for a year, possibly to stop people selling on their tickets.

What's more, they send the tickets and you have to sign for them? Sounds OK, but if it is the terrible courier company See Tickets used for Wembley in 2008, this turned into a complete nightmare. Fine if you are at home all day, not so good if you work. "But we can deliver to your work address" they said. Ah, but I don't work 9-5, I start work at 3.30, so I am at home from 9am - 3. Five times they missed delivery and each time I had to phone up and ask them to redeliver.

But people move, people often have to arrange to send tickets on to friends. And at the time of year, lots of people will be on holiday. How many will be planning their holiday to come back for the gig? Lots probably. Now they will have to hope to come back to try and get their tickets.

Do Muse or their management even know or care that this goes on, as it doesn't seem to be the case abroad.

Do Muse or their management even know or care that this goes on, as it doesn't seem to be the case abroad.

Once again, I'll repeat it: Muse and their management can't be considered responsible for what promoters and ticket retailers do concerning the way tickets are sold.

I'm guessing tickets for Wembley are dispatched so late in an attempt to avoid touting (but I have no idea if that's the real reason).

Do you buy tickets very often? About 70% of the time gig tickets don't turn up until a few weeks before the gig. I don't mind personally, stops me losing them.

So that makes it right? As I repeat, they say they are sending these out end of August, prime holiday time for most people. And if people could get Michael Jackson tickets last year when they bought them, why not Muse tickets?

The question is not if this is a common practice, it's whether this is fair to the fan who has forked out a sizeable sum to see a gig.

Look on the bright side, there's a long time to wait until you get your tickets. If you got them now, how gutted would you be if you accidentally machine washed them, or your house burnt down or burgled?

The less time you have to hold onto them, the less chance of damage you're going to do to them.

There's LOTS wrong with the way seetickets do things. I'm lucky I have a friend in England who I can send them to since they don't ship tickets abroad (why this is an issue, I have no clue). And it can end up being a hassle in the end, but I think, their point is a) to avoid touting which is UBER plus in my book and b) if you know you're going away you have the option to pick the ticket up at the box office day of show. I did this for Sheffield, no muss no fuss. And you can call them to change your delivery option at any time.

There's LOTS wrong with the way seetickets do things. I'm lucky I have a friend in England who I can send them to since they don't ship tickets abroad (why this is an issue, I have no clue). And it can end up being a hassle in the end, but I think, their point is a) to avoid touting which is UBER plus in my book and b) if you know you're going away you have the option to pick the ticket up at the box office day of show. I did this for Sheffield, no muss no fuss. And you can call them to change your delivery option at any time.

I didn't realise there was a pick-up option. I just remember the hassle with the courier last time.

But I can't see how anyone can just say "nothing to do with Muse/management". Presumably, they can work with whatever promoters, agents they want and would care about whether their fans got good deal or not.

And, having seen Muse in France, Denmark, Austria and the US, seetickets is the only lot I seem to have had grief with.

So seetickets won't send ANY tickets abroad? Hmmm I e-mailed them about this question a bit ago and haven't received any info yet. I know in their FAQ it states that they normally won't send them abroad, but in my confirmation e-mails for my tickets it states how they'll dispatch the tickets to my home address. I'm just confused...

So seetickets won't send ANY tickets abroad? Hmmm I e-mailed them about this question a bit ago and haven't received any info yet. I know in their FAQ it states that they normally won't send them abroad, but in my confirmation e-mails for my tickets it states how they'll dispatch the tickets to my home address. I'm just confused...

Their email and the details on the tracker are just standard text for ALL orders (without making a difference if the buyer is within or outside of the UK)

All tickets that includes a £4.80 transaction fee for postage will not be sent outside of the UK according to the info on their website. In doubt give them a call as they are terrible responding to emails.

Have you ever ordered tickets before? This is how it always happens.

If you got them early you're more likely to lose them anyway.

I've never ordered tickets from outside the US so I'm new to what seetickets' policy is.

Their email and the details on the tracker are just standard text for ALL orders (without making a difference if the buyer is within or outside of the UK)

All tickets that includes a £4.80 transaction fee for postage will not be sent outside of the UK according to the info on their website. In doubt give them a call as they are terrible responding to emails.

I see, that's what I was thinking, but I would like some reassurance.

I've been trying to call them but the call isn't going through, what is the area code I'm supposed to use?

I've never ordered tickets from outside the US so I'm new to what seetickets' policy is.

I see, that's what I was thinking, but I would like some reassurance.

I've been trying to call them but the call isn't going through, what is the area code I'm supposed to use?

The used to have a non-UK resident telephone number but it seems to have gone from the new website and I don't think you can call 0870 numbers from outside the UK. If you have a friend in the UK my advice is to give them your order number and ask them to contact seeticket on your behalf.

The used to have a non-UK resident telephone number but it seems to have gone from the new website and I don't think you can call 0870 numbers from outside the UK. If you have a friend in the UK my advice is to give them your order number and ask them to contact seeticket on your behalf.

i just dropped the 0 and the call seems to be going through, for whatever reason though i was hung up on during the first call so i'm trying again. if this one fails though idk what i'll do really

Yeah it's not going through, for whatever reason I can't hear anyone on the other line and I'm not sure if they can hear me.

I finally got a hold of someone. They said they don't send the tickets to anywhere outside of the UK because if the possibility that they won't be received or that they'll get lost somehow.

So yeah, the only option really is to pick up the tickets at the venue or to have them sent to a UK address.

I know all of this has been stated before, but at least now there's reassurance that there's no way you'll get your ticket shipped to you if you're outside of the UK.

I finally got a hold of someone. They said they don't send the tickets to anywhere outside of the UK because if the possibility that they won't be received or that they'll get lost somehow.

So yeah, the only option really is to pick up the tickets at the venue or to have them sent to a UK address.

I know all of this has been stated before, but at least now there's reassurance that there's no way you'll get your ticket shipped to you if you're outside of the UK.

Glad you got an answer from them :happy:

• 7 months later...

I know this is an old conversation,but.. I'm really worried and I need to know if someone (outside UK) has booked for international delivery and has already received the tickets!

I'm writing here because I've booked my ticket on ticketline.co.uk, in november 2009, and I have already paid the ticket,of course. I booked for the international delivery because I thought I would have received the ticket in time (10 months!!!!), but here I am, in AUGUST, without my ticket. I wrote e-mails to the customer service,and first they told me that I could change my booking and collect the ticket directly at the venue(in this case, Wembley).

Then, they said that I couldn't collect my ticket at the venue and I should wait for it at home (they said: because promoters ,bla bla bla..)....

I am so worried, because the gig will take place in a month and I don't have my ticket! I fear that I won't receive it in time (I live in Italy), as I'm leaving for London on the 8th September, very soon in the morning.

Does someone have a situation like mine? I'm really worried :(

I know this is an old conversation,but.. I'm really worried and I need to know if someone (outside UK) has booked for international delivery and has already received the tickets!

I'm writing here because I've booked my ticket on ticketline.co.uk, in november 2009, and I have already paid the ticket,of course. I booked for the international delivery because I thought I would have received the ticket in time (10 months!!!!), but here I am, in AUGUST, without my ticket. I wrote e-mails to the customer service,and first they told me that I could change my booking and collect the ticket directly at the venue(in this case, Wembley).

Then, they said that I couldn't collect my ticket at the venue and I should wait for it at home (they said: because promoters ,bla bla bla..)....

I am so worried, because the gig will take place in a month and I don't have my ticket! I fear that I won't receive it in time (I live in Italy), as I'm leaving for London on the 8th September, very soon in the morning.

Lots of people in your situation, including myself. Wish I had comforting words, but honestly, I'm scared shitless that I'll end up in London with zero tickets. I will say that I doubt Ticketline could get away with offering international shipping if it wasn't prepared to ship a little earlier for those buyers. It would blow up on them and they would not offer it.

My guess would be they send them this week or next. I'm also leaving the 8th ... I bought from eBay and am having them shipped to my hotel. Believe me, I'm having nightmares about it. It would have been so much better if Ticketmaster had shipped to this guy mid-summer and I could have had him send them to me here, so I could have them strapped my body on the plane. :LOL: I realize these ticker brokers have to worry about touts, but honestly, I think all they're doing is adding a tremendous amount of worry and stress for the honest ticket buyers. Even ones having them shipped within the UK. People make big plans for concerts; it helps to know you have the tickets.

Besides ... people scalp them anyway.:rolleyes:

don't sweat it yet. no-one will have tickets till around 1/2 weeks before the gig.

Archived