What do your friends think about Muse?

micaelams

My best friend got me together with Muse recently again after 2 years of on and off obsession. We watched The Resistance DVD when she was here at night and the obsession grew again and yeah. :p So she loves Muse.

My other best friend who lives here likes them, I think. And so does my other friends, they like a few songs like Supermassive, Time Is Running Out, Hysteria, etc.

Some like them, but they're not 1/100th as obsessed. Like yesterday, I wore my muse shirt, and my friend said,"You're too obsessed with Muse." Honey, you have no idea. But the new rule is, someone can ramble on about their most favorite thing, and no-one can groan about it. *evil laugh* MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! They'll see...

My mum thinks they're the orchestra mixed with Bohemian Rhapsody and an organ (or something weird like that ). But she's never actually sat down and had a decent listen. I think she's only heard bits of Exogenesis, Megalomania and a lot of the older songs as she walks past wherever I happen to be playing it. :facepalm:

I was listening to them at the table at home, where dad was reading the paper and of all songs, SD comes on. He called it shit.

(Ok, so its not the greatest song of all time, but some parts of it are still pretty good)

Anyway, long story short I convinced dad to take me to the concert in Brisbane because my parents wouldn't let me go by myself ((Thought I was gunna get abducted, raped or crushed in the mosh ) Yes, slightly overprotective), and Mum DEFINITELY wasn't coming (my sister offered him a torch, fold-up chair and the Queensland Country Life for him to read while he sits up the back of the mosh pit, which was a bit funny).

Well, as we all know they were AMAZING live, and at one point in the gig I turned to my dad and he gave me the thumbs up (During Hysteria I'm 90% sure), so he doesn't hate them so much now! :D

But mum tried to convince me to stop listening to them not too long ago :fear:

My Mom wasn't gonna go with me to the Muse concert, so my dad did, and I showed him a little bit of Starlight, he said they're ok. Then the day the concert comes, he really loved Uprising(It's his favorite Muse song) and he liked a lot of the other songs they played. I then gave him all of their albums to listen to. He liked Showbiz(Song) because of the high falsetto note at the end, Sober, Escape, Citizen Erased(I'm assuming the soft parts),Screenager, Exo-Politics,Starlight,Take A Bow, and most of The Resistance. So I got my Dad to like Muse, but on the other hand, my brother only likes Knights Of Cydonia, and my Mom hates them(But she listens to Katy Perry, Adele, Pink, Beyonce, Florence+The Machine, Drake, etc.) One of my friends who listens to mostly indie music likes them, but doesn't like Matts voice, he thinks it's whiny. Other than that he loves Stockholm Syndrome. My best friend loves them almost as much as I do, which is awesome.

The drummer and bassist in my band and me were talking about Muse and how long they will last. And the bassist said 4 more year(so basically up until their 7th album without touring, then break up) and the drummer said they'll last 8 more years(which is reasonable, but still ridiculous).

I feel like I'm the only one who has gotten his entire family into Muse. I went on vacation to visit family and they were talking to me about awesome rock piano/keyboard players when they were younger (and probably thinking of the stereotype that everyone from this generation listens to pop). I showed them B&H from Wembley and they were impressed.

I've met more potential musers in my family then than all the students in all the years of middle and high school (when I started listening to Muse).

I feel like I'm the only one who has gotten his entire family into Muse. I went on vacation to visit family and they were talking to me about awesome rock piano/keyboard players when they were younger (and probably thinking of the stereotype that everyone from this generation listens to pop). I showed them B&H from Wembley and they were impressed.

I've met more potential musers in my family then than all the students in all the years of middle and high school (when I started listening to Muse).

You have an awesome family.:happy:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived