What do your friends think about Muse?

micaelams

mine hate muse. it's a pity, really.

their opinion is that

- they sound too dark

- their music would make them crazy in the head for being too fast

- matt's voice doesn't sound like something they want to listen to on a regular basis

- the lyrics are crap

well, they listen to all sort of strange music, i try from time to time to get them into muse but no chance.

so i'll just enjoy the genius of muse's music by myself.

My friends thought MUSE were okay. Then I got them obsessed, and they've become a quarter as bad as me (which would be somewhere around considering medical help :LOL:). My one friend started liking Dom, though. It's her teenage hormones. We're in a bit of an argument now, because she thinks she deserves my Dommie :rolleyes: Haha I got my stedpad into them too, he loves em. One of my friends does think they're too dark though.

Basically all my school friends only know them because of Twilight (and Guitar Hero). :facepalm:

Nearly everyone in my school is into hardcore/screamo music so Muse is too "light" for them.

Though some of my out of school friends like them but I don't get to see or talk to them very often so all I really know is that they like Muse.

Mine:

"WTF, is he fucking that guitar?! O.o"

"Awww.. Matt... mm.."

"Muse? .. ohh. those form Twilight. Yes, I like them"

it's really annoying when friends don't like them or say "well.. yeah.. they're cool.." or "MATT, I love u so much I could get laid with u!".. so.. I don't like their opinions. (Yes, I'm really weird xD)

So. I'm enjoying them alone (well, with my bro and mom too) ^^

My best friend got me into Muse, so obviously she loves them :LOL:

One of my other friends loves them too, I met her through Muse (kinda) :D.

My other friend tried to get into them this year, she's getting there...

And one of my friends hates them :( She didn't give them a proper listen before she was saying bad things. oh well :p

• Twilight Fan (after listening to BHaR); SMBH is the best song, the other ones suck!!!!!11!! They are soooo weird :rolleyes:
  • Mainstream radio fan (after listening to Showbiz); I like Sunburn, MM and HTAILY the rest is a bit meh
  • Fan of Pink Floyd (after listening to HAARP) They sound good. SS and Micro Cuts are great tunes. But I like that song with the piano solo, B&H aswell.
  • The same guy after listening to Oos; Great album. They rock. I love Bliss and Micro Cuts and Space Dementia. But all songs are good.
  • Fan of System of A Down (after BHaR); KoC and Assassin are great, but Starlight and SMBH suck, tbh. The rest of the album is alright I guess...

I have one friend that I've convert so that Muse is her second favourite band (after Green Day. :facepalm:) and I bomb her everyday on MSN with Mattpics and stuff like that. She calls me a geek, but I know she likes it. :awesome:

Then I have 2 other friends who likes them who also were with me and my first friend on the concert in October. :happy:

Other friends know that I adore them and they accept it, without making fun of them or stuff. :happy:

I caught one friend singing to Escape one time and I was like "WHICH SONG ARE YOU SINGING? :pope:" And she was like : "Escape? :erm:" I was just a :awesome:face after that, when I remembered that I'd send a few songs to her. :happy:

My best friend really likes them because of me. Her favorite member is Dom. :D

My other best friend all the way in Florida also likes Muse because I got her into it. Although before I met her, she actually knew the songs: Unintended, Starlight, and SMBH.

My other close friend is giving them a second chance, so she's actually listening to the songs I reccomend for her. So now she likes: Uprising, Yes Please, Undisclosed Desires, Hyper Music, and recently: Nature_1.

My other friends don't give a crap about them. They just shun them away like they're crap. Well I keep talking about Muse to them, so I guess they're annoyed by me :p.

Most of my friends like their music, maybe it's an "age" thing...when you're older you don't change your taste in music that much anymore and my friends listen to pwoper music. :LOL:

My best friend is almost as crazy as me, we went to two gigs this year together and we'll be going to Wembley too.

I got my best friend into Muse, she still only really knows the singles and newer songs, she can't even remember most of their names tbh, but she fancies Chris and is coming with me to Wembley :LOL:

Another friend loves SMBH, and when I played UD said she liked it. She's jealous that we're going to Wembley, even though she only really knows one song :rolleyes:

The others don't really know much about them, apart from the fact that I'm crazy about them :p

One of my closest friends loves them, she is a Muser like me :awesome:

Another of my closest friends seems to enjoy slating them, but likes some of their songs like Escape, Exo Politics, Sing For Absolution and Hysteria

Other people hate them, my drummer despises Matt's voice, says 'he sounds like he's dying *does impression*'

Loads of my teachers love them, two of my geography teachers, my science teacher, my two singing teachers I've had, my guitar teacher :awesome:

And then some other friends like Supermassive Black Hole but just sort of...move away when I play them Showbiz or OoS songs :(

Archived