Cheers guys. Yeah, I have often told security, but they don't really give a shit, do they? I usually receive a blank stare or a shrug cause everyone 'is in the same boat'. If I see a tall person in front I will try and ask them if they mind moving, see where that gets me. Usually I will try and shuffle in at the side of them, without pissing anyone else off in the process lol

As for those comments back there, they were not very nice, far beyond a healthy debate, which is completely cool. So you get tired of people moaning about something, no need to be that way. Just ignore them or be diplomatic in your response, surely? They were rather mocking in the way they were written, especially the one about the the church and being commited to the ground. There is just no need.

Cheers guys. Yeah, I have often told secturity, but they don't really give a shit, do they? I usually receive a blank stare or a shrug cause everyone 'is in the same boat'. If I see a tall person in front I will try and ask them if they mind moving, see where that gets me. Usually I will try and shuffle in at the side of them, without pissing anyone else off in the process lol

If the tall person moves, they will cause a problem for the person then behind them, if you move however due to being short, it won't affect the other person.

Cheers guys. Yeah, I have often told secturity, but they don't really give a shit, do they? I usually receive a blank stare or a shrug cause everyone 'is in the same boat'. If I see a tall person in front I will try and ask them if they mind moving, see where that gets me. Usually I will try and shuffle in at the side of them, without pissing anyone else off in the process lol

Security are helpful. I saw Placebo at the O2 in December and when things got unneccasrily stupid, a bunch of security came in. The system does work. However, if security are arses, just move to somewhere else where you can see things clearly, because the front row isn't the be all and end all of live gigs!

As for those comments back there, they were not very nice, far beyond a healthy debate, which is completely cool. So you get tired of people moaning about something, no need to be that way. Just ignore them or be diplomatic in your response, surely? They were rather mocking in the way they were written, especially the one about the the church and being commited to the ground. There is just no need.

But there are a few of you who are being ultra ultra defensive, and if that's going to be the attitude, then this is the reaction you'll expect, sadly.

You are obviously not going ape shit enough, I've witnessed security getting tough and pulling people out the queue

Cheers guys. Yeah, I have often told secturity, but they don't really give a shit, do they? I usually receive a blank stare or a shrug cause everyone 'is in the same boat'. If I see a tall person in front I will try and ask them if they mind moving, see where that gets me. Usually I will try and shuffle in at the side of them, without pissing anyone else off in the process lol.

But I think that's half the point people are trying to make. . .why should they move? They have every right to be there.

And security do give a shit, or at least they do at the gigs I've queued for. They have to give a shit, it's part of their job.

Security at London O2 were the best for that. . . "If I see you queue jumping, then you're going straight to the back!" :LOL: Best queueing experience ever there, fo'srs.

Yeah I can imagine that would have been good to queue for what being inside and a Starbucks right next to you! :eek: Me and Josse had to walk for at least 15mins in the freezing cold for a hot chocolate :LOL:

Yeah I can imagine that would have been good to queue for what being inside and a Starbucks right next to you! :eek: Me and Josse had to walk for at least 15mins in the freezing cold for a hot chocolate :LOL:

It wasn't just that, they organised it really well so that the people who were at the front of the queue got inside first :happy: Eeeeek, that sounds horrible :eek:

I guess it depends on the gig. In Liverpool and Sheffield loads pushed in front and we got nothing in return from security, which was quite disappointing after queing for so long.

The only reason I was being so defensive was because I felt my friend was being attacked with certain comments, so yes, I will come on and put up my fists :LOL:

But I think that's half the point people are trying to make. . .why should they move? They have every right to be there.

And security do give a shit, or at least they do at the gigs I've queued for. They have to give a shit, it's part of their job.

Exactly. Even if someone does ask, why should I move?

I have every right to be at the front.

Security at London O2 were the best for that. . . "If I see you queue jumping, then you're going straight to the back!" :LOL: Best queueing experience ever there, fo'srs.

I heard about that. Sounds good.

We're going round in circles here. People just made a point that it should be first come first served. End of. But as usual people have to uber defensive

Excuse me? I am trying to be polite about this situation as I see both sides. But there is no 'end of' here. Your word goes, does it? I completely respect the first come first served, as I stated in all my posts, but I do NOT appreciate being told to shut up.

:stunned: *looks around*

I'm sorry, but I think your reaction was a little rude there.

And you know what, if someone said to me, "I'm really sorry, but is it okay if I slip in front of you?" I probably wouldn't mind. If someone says to me, "Do you mind moving?" then no chance. There is asking, and there is asking politely, and asking someone else if they mind moving is not asking politely.

Exactly. Even if someone does ask, why should I move?

I have every right to be at the front.

I heard about that. Sounds good.

:yesey: It was excellent - we were proclaiming our love for the security as we walked in :LOL:

I'd be really pissed off if someone asked me to move. Really. On the other hand, if there's a short-arse behind me who can't see anything and there's space in front of me with a good view, I will let them come in front of me. Common courtesy and manners. Blatantly asking someone to move out of your way when 9 times out of 10 there's nowhere to go will only cause beef, and/or make the person you asked to move feel paranoid about their size and feel guilty and ruin their enjoyment of the gig! Don't ask people to move. It's really not on. :noey:

I'm not as good as Claire. Jesus, she's scary. :LOL: I kind of start and Claire finishes it. A la Teignmouth.

I forget that Claire is pretty scary on these occasions - quite a few jumpers got booted out in Teignmouth than to you girls.

We had this group of lads in Paris who thought they could push in front of us when the door opened because we were girls, unfortunately for them we all locked arms and the 2 at the end grabbed hold of the barriers on each side and after a minute or so moving forward they pretty much realised that they were not gonna get through and stopped trying :LOL:

Excuse me? I am trying to be polite about this situation as I see both sides. But there is no 'end of' here. Your word goes, does it? I completely respect the first come first served, as I stated in all my posts, but I do NOT appreciate being told to shut up.

Who told you to shut up?

:facepalm: But we're not explicitly telling you to 'shut up'. Don't you dare try and twist this.

:facepalm: