:erm::facepalm:

I think the short people who complain about not having the 'right' to go to the front because of their height, if that is what is the issue, need to have a fucking reality check. If you can't see the band, just ask the person infront if he/she could move slightly or fucking MOVE TO ANOTHER SPOT.

Jeez.

You are right, first come first served, I GET IT. I queue for hours as well, have been to the front of the line only to be screwed by line jumpers (which tall people do too - we shorties don't corner the market on cutting) or security mucking things up. I'm not new to this game, thanks. I was expressing annoyance at something, like A LOT of you do when they play Guiding fucking Light or some shit. I have never asked to stand in front of someone because I'm shorter. And I've never said to any of you taller people that you're rude for not letting someone go in front.

You said something along the lines of "they should have some courtesy, it's a concert not a battlefield" as if tall people are rude. If people queue jumped then report it to security.

Yeah, difference is that you get out of your bed in the small hours of the morning to queue so you get to the barrier.

Small price to pay especially if Olly or Kieran are gonna be there... I each one of them next me in Sheffield and I felt sandwiched between 2 bodyguards :LOL:

When I was fourteen my brother would lift me up so I could see :happy: Not like above his head but just so I'd be a little bit higher :chuckle:

That was sweet of him :happy:

You said something along the lines of "they should have some courtesy, it's a concert not a battlefield" as if tall people are rude. If people queue jumped then report it to security.

I hate queued jumpers and I have no issues reporting them although Alix and Lynda are the best at dealing with them :yesey:

That battlefield comment, I admit, was an afterthought, probably not a good one. But come on. If I can admit that, surely you can admit that I was a bit bombarded with snarkiness.

Tbh I'm pretty sick of this entitlement complex that short people have so yeah, you are going to get a responce from tall people like myself.

I hate queued jumpers and I have no issues reporting them although Alix and Lynda are the best at dealing with them :yesey:

I'm not as good as Claire. Jesus, she's scary. :LOL: I kind of start and Claire finishes it. A la Teignmouth.

I appreciate the fact that it's first come first served, but we shorter people do queue very early too. I have been at the front of the queue since 8am in the bloody morning and still had someone much stronger and bigger than me push in front, so please do not make it sound that simple. If we all got there early, we'd ALL be at the front. Impossible, of course.

As for the comments on the past two pages, they are very much uncalled for. Telling someone to stfu IS extremely rude, especially when the majority of this board complains about something or other all the time. It's like you can't have a voice.

We get it. We deal. Stop ganging up and bullying with your snide remarks. It's pretty disgusting and shocking.

I'm not as good as Claire. Jesus, she's scary. :LOL: I kind of start and Claire finishes it. A la Teignmouth.

That was pretty epic :chuckle:

Aaaaaaaand tbh, this whole argument is getting so ridiculous :LOL: The people who have been queueing the longest are the people who should be at the barrier, regardless of height. Simples!

I appreciate the fact that it's first come first served, but we shorter people do queue very early too. I have been at the front of the queue since 8am in the bloody morning and still had someone much stronger and bigegr than me push in front, so please do not make it sound that simple. If we all got there early, we'd ALL be at the front. Impossible, of course.

As for the comments on the past two pages, they are very much uncalled for. Telling someone to stfu IS extremely rude, especially when the majority of this board complains about something or other all the time. It's like you can't have a voice.

We get it. We deal. Stop ganging up and bullying with your snide remarks. It's pretty disgusting and shocking.

We aren't ganging up, I personally found that comment offensive but Degrassi more or less apologised so that's why I recated why I did. If people are jumping infront of you, you really should report it, sorry that has happened to you

Im tall, and get to the barrier. If you can't see, grow a few feet, not my problem. I have in the past moved for people, like at RAH I let someone go in front to the barrier as they were shorter, and also have moved whilst in GA, but moving once will just irritate the next person. Tough tits I say.

I appreciate the fact that it's first come first served, but we shorter people do queue very early too. I have been at the front of the queue since 8am in the bloody morning and still had someone much stronger and bigger than me push in front, so please do not make it sound that simple. If we all got there early, we'd ALL be at the front. Impossible, of course.

You're not helping the 'ultra-defensive' Main Muse stereotype, but surely if you being unnessccarily pushed you could ask security to step in surely? And being at the front is not the only best position to see a band.

I appreciate the fact that it's first come first served, but we shorter people do queue very early too. I have been at the front of the queue since 8am in the bloody morning and still had someone much stronger and bigegr than me push in front, so please do not make it sound that simple. If we all got there early, we'd ALL be at the front. Impossible, of course.

Look, if people push in front tell security - it is that simple. If they don't listen, then make a fuss, people will step in. We had to do that in Dublin and Teignmouth.

You can have a voice, but more than one person is allowed to put in their own opinion on the topic. It's not ganging up.

If read something in the lines of 'balls being cut off'. I'd actually really like to seem them in action now :LOL:

That was me. :LOL:

I don't really get this thing of having to see the stage clearly anyway, surely if you want to watch every nuance of the performance just get it on video? :LOL: I've never tried to get to the barrier apart from the first few times I went to gigs and didn't quite get gigs (in those days there were very few people who queued for rock gigs anyway) but then I realised it's about dancing and letting yourself go and enjoying the live sound of your favourite band with like-minded people, not standing and watching like you would at a theatre. Since then I've never been bothered about seeing the stage. At at Earls Court I was RIGHT at the back dancing and could only see Matt's red suit as a blob in the distance, but it's still in my top ten gigs.

Aaaaaaaand tbh, this whole argument is getting so ridiculous :LOL: The people who have been queueing the longest are the people who should be at the barrier, regardless of height. Simples!

Right you are, dear. And Allie, unlike most people here, you know me and know that when it comes to Muse concerts I rarely complain about anything.

I'll keep it to myself next time.

Edited by Degrassi41

I don't really get this thing of having to see the stage clearly anyway, surely if you want to watch every nuance of the performance just get it on video? :LOL: I've never tried to get to the barrier apart from the first few times I went to gigs and didn't quite get gigs (in those days there were very few people who queued for rock gigs anyway) but then I realised it's about dancing and letting yourself go and enjoying the live sound of your favourite band with like-minded people, not standing and watching like you would at a theatre. Since then I've never been bothered about seeing the stage. At at Earls Court I was RIGHT at the back dancing and could only see Matt's red suit as a blob in the distance, but it's still in my top ten gigs.

Same for me in Marlay, epic gig.

Teignmouth on the 2nd night was pretty sweet, I raved my face off lol.

As a tall person, I don't care if shorter people are pissed because they're behind me. There's a thing called queuing, do it and you may just get in front of me!

+1.

Also, with regards to the barrier. Have you seen the length of the barrier? You can get at least 50 people on most of them. It's not that unrealistic. Jeez.

Same to this also. I don't mind if I don't have full view of the stage, well at the second o2 date I couldn't really see them apart from when they were on the towers but it was still awesome, if the energy of the crowd are there you go along with it. When I saw The Cure, I think I saw Bob like twice but I didn't care, they were good and the crowd were great