Front Row

hunting s thompson

would you give the same advice for their canadian concerts?

I've never been to a gig in Canada... I have seen Muse in France and the UK for The Resistance Tour and arrived in the morning (depending on the venue I was either front of the line or max. 50 people in front of me) and always managed to get the barrier.

One advice: if there are a few people in front of you head for the barrier on Chris' side - people normally pile up in the center and Matt's side. Also Chris' side tends to have less pushing and shoving.

Aside from Wembley Stadium, the longest I've ever queued is 1 hour and I usually get within a couple of rows of the front, no problem. Sometimes I've managed to get on the barrier. But if you want front/centre, you need to queue early.

There tends to be more room on Chris' side for some reason, so if you dont want to queue, it might be best to head there :)

would you give the same advice for their canadian concerts?

Last time I lined up really early for Muse (for barrier, front and centre), I lined up at 11am.

3 hours or more should be ok for a good spot. I noticed the line usually gets really long near the last couple of hours of waiting.

I've been front and centre on the barrier for 6 Muse shows.

I've never been to a gig in Canada... I have seen Muse in France and the UK for The Resistance Tour and arrived in the morning (depending on the venue I was either front of the line or max. 50 people in front of me) and always managed to get the barrier.

One advice: if there are a few people in front of you head for the barrier on Chris' side - people normally pile up in the center and Matt's side. Also Chris' side tends to have less pushing and shoving.

Pretty much +1 on this.

For Teignmouth we queued at 5:30am (srs bsns gig though, homecoming innit) and we were first on the barrier :LOL:.

It all depends on the country, but generally the earlier you go the closer to the front you are going to get.

At the O2 arena on the 12th, i queued from 6:00pm and the doors opened at 6:30, and i got about 3 rows from the barrier. :)

Thats pretty much what I do every time :) You can still get near the front without queueing but if you want barrier its best to queue. I quite like having another person as padding between me and the barrier. Much better on the ribs! :LOL:

Thats pretty much what I do every time :) You can still get near the front without queueing but if you want barrier its best to queue. I quite like having another person as padding between me and the barrier. Much better on the ribs! :LOL:

And hip bones! Mine were bruised at one of the Toronto shows a few years back. Ouch!

• 1 year later...
Don't bother.

Push, shove, slip, slide your way to the front.

It's what everyone else does.

It's why I stopped bothering wasting half my day in queues because some rude bastard would always push past me anyway. So I just started doing the same.

No point in queuing, one thing I do enjoy is seeing all the kids running from the barrier and the front rows the moment a gig starts who'd blatantly been there all day and not prepared for the massive surge forward and general violence. :LOL:

No point in queuing, one thing I do enjoy is seeing all the kids running from the barrier and the front rows the moment a gig starts who'd blatantly been there all day and not prepared for the massive surge forward and general violence. :LOL:

Muse shows in the US are very, VERY tame. Oakland got a little rough at times, but otherwise it was pretty good.

It's what everyone else does.

It's why I stopped bothering wasting half my day in queues because some rude bastard would always push past me anyway. So I just started doing the same.

Exactly.

I spent years being curtious at gigs but then I realised at five foot eight, I was going to see, and did proceed to see, naff all at gigs for years :LOL:.

Got to lol, that was me when I was like 15.

Was prepared for the violence (I'd been in local gig mosh pits before) but not aware of the surge forward that means you're suddenly very intimate with the three people behind you and the barrier! :LOL:

But what was more hilarious was the people who targeted me thinking I'd be easy to prise off. Noap. :LOL:

But what was more hilarious was the people who targeted me thinking I'd be easy to prise off. Noap. :LOL:

I love when that happened! "She is a girl and 5'2" it won't be hard to get her off the barrier." Not. A. Chance. Mate. :LOL:

Got to lol, that was me when I was like 15.

Was prepared for the violence (I'd been in local gig mosh pits before) but not aware of the surge forward that means you're suddenly very intimate with the three people behind you and the barrier! :LOL:

I nearly punched a girl once who started having a go at me for daring to put my hand on the barrier, it was either that or in her back and nowhere else to move to as I was basically being crushed. I was trying to enjoy a gig, not be spoken to like that by some stupid bint who thought barrier was everything. :noey:

Archived