Just saw that they are listing 1500 tickets for the United Center show.

Thats the worst sh*t i have seen in my life when I sit here and read how on this thread TRUE fans didn't get a chance for GA or 100 level seats.

Seriously, this is beyond screwed up. How is this legal?! :mad::mad:

I dunno where my dad got them from but he got GA. :stunned:

Yay I'm going. :happy:

hahaha! after all that angst, pop pulls through! does he know what he's "in for" with the GA and standing around?? betta get him some compression socks and ear plugs (see link in sig) for the sho :LOL:

go, dad!! tell him I think he r0cks for getting you tix!! :musesign:

all due respect to gino's east, because it's a fine-a pizza pie, but for my money there is no better pizza in chicago than giordano's. nothing else comes close, imho.

there's also plenty of hot spots around the city to party at after the show. wrigleyville is always a blast - check out the wild hare if you dig good reggae. the green mill (broadway and lawrence) is always a killer spot for some late-night jazz (until 5AM). honestly, no matter what your pleasure is, you'll find it in spades in downtown chicago. killer city.

all due respect to gino's east, because it's a fine-a pizza pie, but for my money there is no better pizza in chicago than giordano's. nothing else comes close, imho.

there's also plenty of hot spots around the city to party at after the show. wrigleyville is always a blast - check out the wild hare if you dig good reggae. the green mill (broadway and lawrence) is always a killer spot for some late-night jazz (until 5AM). honestly, no matter what your pleasure is, you'll find it in spades in downtown chicago. killer city.

all due respect to Giordano's because that is a damn good pizza as well.....I prefer the sausage patty of Gino's to the crumbled sausage of Giordano's. Ahhh...the beauty of Chicago deep dish pizza!

all due respect to Giordano's because that is a damn good pizza as well.....I prefer the sausage patty of Gino's to the crumbled sausage og Giordano's. Ahhh...the beauty of Chicago deep dish pizza!

but ever since that travel show guy came and did a "Chicago" ep, I've been wanting to try Burts in Morton Grove ... ah, isn't this TYPICAL of us Chicagoans to turn this into a food, not to mention pizza thread? :LOL: ok enuf from me on that :p

but ever since that travel show guy came and did a "Chicago" ep, I've been wanting to try Burts in Morton Grove ... ah, isn't this TYPICAL of us Chicagoans to turn this into a food, not to mention pizza thread? :LOL: ok enuf from me on that :p

OMG, my parents live in Morton Grove and I go to Burts - its AWESOME.

Tip: Call to make a reservation, they only accept cash and an hour before your reservation call in and tell them what you want so its ready when you get there (they prefer that).

Its a small, old, run-down, shack of a place but the food is fantastic and Burt's wife does all the serving/cleaning up. its awesome.

Hey, if I'm trying to get in the 100 level seats, which makes more sense to you guys: closer to the stage but on the side, further away from the stage but facing front, or somewhere in between? I don't know what the stage looks like so I'm not sure what gives me the best view and experience.

Yay! Maybe we can stand next to each other during the gig. :D

I might start queuing up earlier than I originally planned (1pm) as I want to get to the barrier as quickly as possible.

wait seriously 1pm?!?!

how many opening acts are there? i only see silversun pickups listed on the united center page and since the show starts at 7:30 i was hoping to at least get a short dinner/bar outing before getting in line. i also have GA spots and would love to watch from the rails but waiting for 6+ hours doesn't seem feasible.

If you're wanting to get a few drinks beforehand at a nice establishment, I would suggest the "Cut Throat Bar". A beautiful Polish ran bar that got its name in the 70s when a man actually got his throat slit while in the bar. Where English is not preferred, the rum and cokes are strong as can be for $3, and signs of the Latin Kings can be seen in numerous spots, this is the place to go.

As for pizza Gino's East has always been a personal favorite. Giordano's is good but I don't think it's as good. I have yet to gone to Lou Malnati's but I have heard from a friend that lives there that it is the best.

Another great Chicago staple would be the Italian beef sandwich, along with a Chicago style Vienna hot dog.

wait seriously 1pm?!?!

how many opening acts are there? i only see silversun pickups listed on the united center page and since the show starts at 7:30 i was hoping to at least get a short dinner/bar outing before getting in line. i also have GA spots and would love to watch from the rails but waiting for 6+ hours doesn't seem feasible.

That's about how long we waited last time. Though we had people hold spots and whatnot for us to get food, get a new tire, bug the shit out of Chris while he's got a pissed off look on his phone, and deal with a crossdresser.

If you're wanting to get a few drinks beforehand at a nice establishment, I would suggest the "Cut Throat Bar". A beautiful Polish ran bar that got its name in the 70s when a man actually got his throat slit while in the bar. Where English is not preferred, the rum and cokes are strong as can be for $3, and signs of the Latin Kings can be seen in numerous spots, this is the place to go.

As for pizza Gino's East has always been a personal favorite. Giordano's is good but I don't think it's as good. I have yet to gone to Lou Malnati's but I have heard from a friend that lives there that it is the best.

Another great Chicago staple would be the Italian beef sandwich, along with a Chicago style Vienna hot dog.

Malnati's is good, I think some is being shipped to me this week.( I have a great sister!! ) But I still rate Pizzeria Due #1

Malnati's is good, I think some is being shipped to me this week.( I have a great sister!! ) But I still rate Pizzeria Due #1

I also just realized that no one has mentioned Home Run Inn yet. That butter crust...oh man...that butter crust.

Gotta say: I do like how the comraderie around our marvelous city's pizza offerings has, at least for a brief moment in time, allowed many of us to forget (or ignore) the fact that we got dicked by Ticketmaster.

Yar.

I also just realized that no one has mentioned Home Run Inn yet. That butter crust...oh man...that butter crust.

Gotta say: I do like how the comraderie around our marvelous city's pizza offerings has, at least for a brief moment in time, allowed many of us to forget (or ignore) the fact that we got dicked by Ticketmaster.

Yar.

This thread just makes me hungry.

Archived