Friday was my first Muse experience and it was AMAZING. Although, I went there fully prepared to lose my mind in the pit but felt awkward because the people around me were just standing around for about half the show. When they picked it up I felt more comfortable to join them. I contemplated moving to the middle where people were goin nuts but I'm about 6'2" and didnt wanna block anyones view. Plus, I sometimes get a little uncomfortable when I'm surrounded by a lot of people. (Always a nice quality to have in the pit right? lol) Oh well, next time I suppose.

Speaking of next time, I'm hearing that Boston had a better crowd than us? That better not be true, I'm too big a Yankees, Rangers, Jets, and Knicks fan to let Boston beat NY in anything! :) We gotta find a way to make the next NY show the sickest Muse concert ever!!

I just got home maybe an hour ago, got some vids from the show including I think the entirety of KoC and the ending. I also got a pretty nifty vid of the balloons. Oh, I also got a zoomed vid of helsinki jam. I still don't have any way to put them on my comp, though, so it may be a day or two before I post anything.

I'm trying not to be too upset that I ended up in a relatively crappy spot. The dash to the pit was insane, and I was almost dead when I got there so I sorta just collapsed by the barrier (ended up spending $5 on a cup of water that I barely drank because I thought I was going to pass out before the gig even started ;)) Meanwhile as we were running and everyone was pushing to get in several people who were definitely not in front of me in line managed to shove/run/dash past me and get better spots :erm: epic dux fail :( I was just too exhausted! I ended up too far to the left and although I was right in front of Matt he was blocked by the spotlight and I couldn't see him at all when he was at the piano on the tower! Chris was also barely visible when not on the tower. But of course when Matt (and Chris at one point) came by the edge of the stage, I was like right freaking there :stunned:

But that's enough whining, it really was a great gig :D (My spot on Monday was better though ;)) Luckily I was able to vid - oddly enough, at the shows where I had a random security guy looking at me they were like video nazis and I couldn't have sneaked in 10sec of vid, but on Friday I had a dude who I'm pretty sure was with the band standing directly in front of me and I was recording whole songs and he didn't care :rolleyes: I wish they'd get their story straight as to whether or not people can vid!

wait...am I whining again? :LOL: Sorry :$

This gig was great but I can't decide if this one or VA was better for me. I think it may be a tie :D For anyone who may have been at the VA show - was it just me or was the stage closer to the barrier at MSG than it was at the patriot center? I was at the barrier there too and I dunno, it felt like there was less room between us and the stage (which was nice!)

Ok, i just re-read what I've typed and this post is random and makes no sense, so I think I'm too tired to post a review right now... I'll have to try again tomorrow lol

BTW Hi to anyone I may have met in the GA line - I was the girl with the gold jacket with the furry hood. ;) I know I saw a couple of board types, but I'm not sure who else I may have been talking to....

Matt's wriggly arse at the beginning! :LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP-D56t-E5g&feature=channel

:LOL: I tweeted about that.... :eyebrows: I'm glad there are good quality vids of that floating around!

I went to both the NY and the boston shows and was only in the pit for Boston, but yeah, Boston had a much better pit. people weren't afraid to just love Muse and screa

their love the entire night. also I know there were a ton of people who went to both the Boston and NYC shows so maybe those people were mote amped up by the time Saturday came! I know I was just as excited FTP

Friday at 8pm to Saturday at 11 pm- more than a full day of the epicnessMuse delivers.

however they did play longer at MSG...:(

sfksgxkgl I will follow them everywhere, come back to NYC!!

:LOL:

Ya a few of my friends went to see Muse with U2..

They said it sucked. And muse wasn't that good either :rolleyes:

Regardless of what bono does with his life, this concert exceeded my expectations so much that I literally cant describe it.. thank you Muse..

I was so scared that you guys weren't good live, and only a studio band...

Thankfuly I was wrong :happy:

It didn't suck at all. I'm a U2 fan and they were awesome, but I had a much better time at the Muse concert.

U2 was fun and had a great time, but at the Muse concert, it was so much different. Better crowd, better energy, an incredible live experience that I will never forget.

I've been suffering the "Muse Live Performance Withdrawal" everyone talks about. Scouring the web for youtube videos of the performance & audio recordings. LOL! I want to save them all in a folder on my computer so I NEVER FORGET the awesomeness that occurred at MSG on Friday!!!!!!

Oh and I get so annoyed when friends or co-workers were like "Oh they're big enough to play MSG?" Fucking DUH. Then I show a couple photos of the show and they're "WOW." lol

I've been suffering the "Muse Live Performance Withdrawal" everyone talks about. Scouring the web for youtube videos of the performance & audio recordings. LOL! I want to save them all in a folder on my computer so I NEVER FORGET the awesomeness that occurred at MSG on Friday!!!!!!

Oh and I get so annoyed when friends or co-workers were like "Oh they're big enough to play MSG?" Fucking DUH. Then I show a couple photos of the show and they're "WOW." lol

Sigh, the withdrawal sucks big time. I can't bring myself to put Muse on in my car because I get sad that my concert week is over! :supersad:

That being said Muse was amazing :D

MSG = Supermassive Epicness! GA was amazing and show overall was better than Philly (Sorry Philly peeps). I would even say it topped the show in 2007, and they killed it then too.

They will be back in the fall, and I CAN"T WAIT!!!! :musesign:

Everyone in the group I went with went to the show in 2007 (except me :supersad:) and they all loved it better this year, too.

Withdrawal sucks, I should be studying for midterms, not sitting on here reading through all the gig threads. :supersad:

This was easily the best concert that I've ever been to! I was up on the barricade, there were times when I couldn't see Dom because there was a light blocking him, and I was super excited when they played MK Ultra!!!!! I thought we were gonna get cheated out of it when they played Guiding Light. The most epic parts were Plug In Baby (Matt popping the balloon with his guitar and kicking over a speaker were insane!!!), Stockholm Syndrome, and Knights of Cydonia. My legs still hurt! The sound was incredible as well, absolutely no need for earplugs and no ear pain at all. I took many great pictures as well!

Guest nick913
I went to both the NY and the boston shows and was only in the pit for Boston, but yeah, Boston had a much better pit. people weren't afraid to just love Muse and screa

their love the entire night. also I know there were a ton of people who went to both the Boston and NYC shows so maybe those people were mote amped up by the time Saturday came! I know I was just as excited FTP

Friday at 8pm to Saturday at 11 pm- more than a full day of the epicnessMuse delivers.

however they did play longer at MSG...:(

sfksgxkgl I will follow them everywhere, come back to NYC!!

Word, I had a feeling they gave us some extra songs on friday.. i'm so glad. but ya a better pit would rock, either way..

I'll follow Muse around too :LOL:

Come back again later in the year to the U.S. plz Muse, we need you here :happy:

BTW Hi to anyone I may have met in the GA line - I was the girl with the gold jacket with the furry hood. ;) I know I saw a couple of board types, but I'm not sure who else I may have been talking to....

Really? REALLY? That was you? The girl behind us the whole time in the queue? I offered you cusions and what not, remember? OMG! My Dead-Duck?!!!

This was us: P10706471024x768.jpg

Guest nick913
I wasn't afraid to scream. I was singing along as loud as I can, jumping as much as I can, and heabanging as hard as I can!

haha word. I was screaming like fukin crazy. And some intense dancing took place ;)

I like trance and techno alot, and the atmosphere of this concert to me at least, resembled like a huge trance concert lol.(they also played trance on the speakers between SSP, and Muse :p )

Muse obviously is way louder and has much more intense music then like tiesto obv., but there wasnt a single person sitting.. Well maybe 1 or 2, but thats bout it.

hahah i love the vid of matt wiggling around in the beginning of SMBH!

so so :awesome: and :LOL:

oh and the muse blues are horrible.

i am doing better but the first couple days after my gig sucked. i was so sad.

i had been waiting for that night forever! so i guess its normal.

hang in there! and at first i didnt wanna listen to muse right away bc it made me sad...but i just got through it and worked thru the saddness and now i am fine!

MSG = Supermassive Epicness! GA was amazing and show overall was better than Philly (Sorry Philly peeps). I would even say it topped the show in 2007, and they killed it then too.They will be back in the fall, and I CAN"T WAIT!!!! :musesign:
you must be a dreamer if you thought this topped 2007 :p.i felt so uncomfortable around this crowd. it seemed like only 30% of the people there knew the older songs. and the other 70% went crazy for the singles. :(

Really? REALLY? That was you? The girl behind us the whole time in the queue? I offered you cusions and what not, remember? OMG! My Dead-Duck?!!!

This was us:

P10706471024x768.jpg

Yup! That was me! Red white and blue seat cushions ftw! ;) I knew who you guys were, saw the nametags and whatnot, but never officially introduced myself :$

you must be a dreamer if you thought this topped 2007 :p.i felt so uncomfortable around this crowd. it seemed like only 30% of the people there knew the older songs. and the other 70% went crazy for the singles. :(

To some extent it has to do with where you're standing/sitting. I was in a mixed group, some people knew everything, others were standing around (although I think a couple of the people near me were just overwhelmed and taking it all in) In VA I was surrounded by people who knew everything :) The PiB singalong, for example, was really loud there....

Yup! That was me! Red white and blue seat cushions ftw! ;) I knew who you guys were, saw the nametags and whatnot, but never officially introduced myself :$

To some extent it has to do with where you're standing/sitting. I was in a mixed group, some people knew everything, others were standing around (although I think a couple of the people near me were just overwhelmed and taking it all in) In VA I was surrounded by people who knew everything :) The PiB singalong, for example, was really loud there....

agreed. i just couldnt get into as much as i did the last times i saw them. something felt off about where i was. the other times i saw them i felt like i belonged there and fit in with everyone. this time i felt like everyone had never been to a concert before in their life and it made everything strange.i had to put my hood up to try and get into it (to block my peripherals from seeing the people that were just there to be there.)

ultimately i go to concerts to feel the love of the crowd, but the crowd wasn't giving me any that night. i hope when they return at the end of this year things are a bit different. i know i wont be going to any msg gigs of theres anymore unless its a concert that isn't supporting their latest album.

Don't know where you were, but I was in GA, in the middle toward the back and people were going mental. People were singing along to ALL the songs. And I'm not just judging the gig by the intensity level of the crowd, but by the band's performance. And I wasn't dreaming, thank you! I'm sorry if the people around you were lame or whatnot, but that's not the fault of Muse. I hope that didn't take away from your experience. Any Muse gig is a sick gig for me...

agreed. i just couldnt get into as much as i did the last times i saw them. something felt off about where i was. the other times i saw them i felt like i belonged there and fit in with everyone. this time i felt like everyone had never been to a concert before in their life and it made everything strange.i had to put my hood up to try and get into it (to block my peripherals from seeing the people that were just there to be there.)

ultimately i go to concerts to feel the love of the crowd, but the crowd wasn't giving me any that night. i hope when they return at the end of this year things are a bit different. i know i wont be going to any msg gigs of theres anymore unless its a concert that isn't supporting their latest album.

Yeah, I understand that. I think that's why I can't compare my gigs to each other. The band was great all 3 times and I enjoyed myself, but I did feel a bit like where I was in VA was better than MSG, but the band was great both times and overall MSG may have been a better show. It's hard to judge from my tiny slice of the arena... and I haven't had time to see any vids of any of the shows yet...

On friday the guy standing next to me was just sorta standing there at one point and looked bored silly! I was like "DUDE - what are you doing on the rail at a muse concert if you can't even be bothered to look at the stage?!" but maybe I just caught him at an off time, I'm trying to remember what song it was. It was something rocking, though... and I dunno, I'm thinking if I was there and they played something like PiB even if I didn't know the song I'd be bouncing because it's just that kind of song!

:eek: *spanks*

:eek::$

Archived