Hey!! You too, though it was so brief :(

I wish I could be with you this weekend, I send my love. And I am SURE Steph has a VERY interesting story to tell you about one lovely night out we had before the gig ;):p

god.. i wish i was there..

simply amazing pics. i MUST see again. :/

Guest nick913
I met a random guy in my school who was wearing a Resistance Tour shirt from the concert :o thought i was the only person from syracuse who even knew who Muse was :LOL:

ya I just found out that 3 ppl at my new job like Muse within the last 3 days lol..

New muse fans.. they're coming from everywhere nowadays.. :musesign:

ya I just found out that 3 ppl at my new job like Muse within the last 3 days lol..

New muse fans.. they're coming from everywhere nowadays.. :musesign:

They certainly are... at my school I've discovered 4 other Muse fans~ 2 of them are teachers and one was at the show too.

And i don't know if the kid claiming to have met Chris is making it up or not, i can't find him now to ask more about it, he said he was by where the instruments and stuff was being loaded and he saw Chris there or something and no one recognized him except him so he walked over and met him. Honestly, i do find it hard to believe since I figured the band would have left right after anyway since they had a show the next day, and no one else here saw them, and not even the RXP radio contest interview thing was for after the show, it was for before, so they prob. did just leave right away.

I met a random guy in my school who was wearing a Resistance Tour shirt from the concert :o thought i was the only person from syracuse who even knew who Muse was :LOL:

I actually ran into a kid that went to my highschool on the train ride back to Albany, granted he was still attending and I graduated in '05 but it was still pretty cool.

edit: I also find myself unable to listen to anything but Muse now.

And i don't know if the kid claiming to have met Chris is making it up or not, i can't find him now to ask more about it, he said he was by where the instruments and stuff was being loaded and he saw Chris there or something and no one recognized him except him so he walked over and met him. Honestly, i do find it hard to believe since I figured the band would have left right after anyway since they had a show the next day, and no one else here saw them, and not even the RXP radio contest interview thing was for after the show, it was for before, so they prob. did just leave right away.

Yeah, he's making it up. We were all by where they were loading the equipment into the trucks. They did not come out from there.

Nice!

I think you're a twitter buddy of mine... I'm @econdevgirl. You have two boys, right? I do as well, 9 and 6. They weren't there that night, but through luck and a great friend, my older one who has been playing guitar for 3 years now has one of Matt's picks!

Hah! yes @schliss24. Funny, both my boys (9 and 7) play piano and love to do the opening to new born, and the younger is trying to learn guitar on his own, but we need to upgrade and try some real lessons because i cant play either instrument.

Nice to meet you on muse.mu as well.

And am I the only one who thought the falling body visual on the three towers in We are the Universe was a bit disturbing?

Perhaps that was their point, given their ridiculous stated views re 9/11 (among other political views), but it felt distasteful to me. Just saying.

Guest nick913
And am I the only one who thought the falling body visual on the three towers in We are the Universe was a bit disturbing?

Perhaps that was their point, given their ridiculous stated views re 9/11 (among other political views), but it felt distasteful to me. Just saying.

Lol.. I found much of the graphics in their show were very thought provoking, and definitely weren't just sum random graphics..

Like during united states of eurasia, the graphics were obviously pretty anti-war...:happy:

Guest nick913
They're taking over the world :D I expect their next album to be HUGE :)

Fuckin A dude lol. I cant waitt :musesign:

They certainly are... at my school I've discovered 4 other Muse fans~ 2 of them are teachers and one was at the show too.

Lol i'm still surprised that there are a good amount of older muse fans..

And we must interrogate this person you speak of that met Chris wen the rest of us did not! :p

I thought the falling people was meant to be that of Absolution cover. That's what I thought when I saw it.

Fair point. When I saw the towers and the design, first thing i thought was world trade. Then the silhouttes walking up/down stairs... then them falling and my wife and i looked at each other and said WTF?

I lost a cousin on 9/11, maybe I am overly sensitive.

I don't think it was supposed to be a commentary on 9/11. I look at more like a symbol of mankind destroying itself. Man rising to power (corporacracy) and then falling due to corruption or perhaps some sort of Uprising. Knowing Matt all the imagery is open to interpretation.

side note: anyone from the nyc concert.. get the grey t-shirt too large?

i got a small and boy is it small haha.. I think i need a medium at least if anyone wants to swap.

another question: how many of you on these boards actually met up during/pre/post concert?

I also find myself unable to listen to anything but Muse now.

This. I'm glad there are some decent recordings of the actual gig too...though at the same time, I'm depressed it's over..

I've also started listening to SSPU a bit more. Not one of my top bands, but they were pretty good live.

And I didn't link the towers and falling bodies to 9/11 at all, and I still don't. So.

Oh, and I didn't stick around to see if the band was around the venue after the show, but as I mentioned hours before it started, I'm certain I saw Matt between the two buildings where I think they were bringing the equipment in. Or at least someone dressed in those same green pants and white shirt he's been wearing most of the tour....

Fair point. When I saw the towers and the design, first thing i thought was world trade. Then the silhouttes walking up/down stairs... then them falling and my wife and i looked at each other and said WTF?

I lost a cousin on 9/11, maybe I am overly sensitive.

I see the whole tower marching thing an ode to 1984. Ya know, people all marching in line (doing what Big Brother tells them to), then they halt, and when the music starts they fall away (are set free). I don't think Muse meant it to have anything to do with 9/11.

side note: anyone from the nyc concert.. get the grey t-shirt too large?

i got a small and boy is it small haha.. I think i need a medium at least if anyone wants to swap.

another question: how many of you on these boards actually met up during/pre/post concert?

There were, I think, 7 or so who met up with us after the show, as per the plan. We did meet a good amount before the show, and now after we're remember each other from events. So I would say a good amount.

Guest nick913
I see the whole tower marching thing an ode to 1984. Ya know, people all marching in line (doing what Big Brother tells them to), then they halt, and when the music starts they fall away (are set free). I don't think Muse meant it to have anything to do with 9/11.

I think that is the most correct statement i've seen all night ;)

Hah! yes @schliss24. Funny, both my boys (9 and 7) play piano and love to do the opening to new born, and the younger is trying to learn guitar on his own, but we need to upgrade and try some real lessons because i cant play either instrument.

Nice to meet you on muse.mu as well.

Aww; sweet. Isn't it nice to share your love of Muse with your boys? My older son had been taking guitar lessons since he was 6. My husband plays guitar and I can get by on bass, but formal lessons are just better. He is so excited to show off Matt's pick to his teacher today. He's going to play KOC with it! My little one is 6 and plays drums... My little Matt and Dom...;):LOL:

I thought the falling people was meant to be that of Absolution cover. That's what I thought when I saw it.

Yes, I'd say it was an Absolution as well a 1984 reference.

Archived