Which song would you most like to hear?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which song would you most like to hear?

• Bliss
    • Muscle Museum
    • Sunburn
    • Butterflies and Hurricanes
    • Showbiz
    • Take a Bow
    • Blackout
    • I Belong To You
    • Space Dementia

I was caller number 9 on 99x to win the the tickets. They called back and told me I got to meet them backstage the next day. I was driving and by the time i got off the phone i was going like 100 in a 55. They are all so very nice. Their lights guy was actually a friend of theirs since school. Dom and Matt are both very tiny and Chris was actually kinda shy. I told them that they are something special and they were very polite, and to never lose that because it made them great. I told them about the teenage girls next to me during the concert that almost passed out and they laughed. Really really down to earth. Said they were absolutely coming back to atlanta. I asked if it was ok to post some stuff here. they wanted people to know they were very very excited from the reaction they got from the crowd.

:D Thanks for posting.

I was caller number 9 on 99x to win the the tickets. They called back and told me I got to meet them backstage the next day. I was driving and by the time i got off the phone i was going like 100 in a 55. They are all so very nice. Their lights guy was actually a friend of theirs since school. Dom and Matt are both very tiny and Chris was actually kinda shy. I told them that they are something special and they were very polite, and to never lose that because it made them great. I told them about the teenage girls next to me during the concert that almost passed out and they laughed. Really really down to earth. Said they were absolutely coming back to atlanta. I asked if it was ok to post some stuff here. they wanted people to know they were very very excited from the reaction they got from the crowd.

:awesome: Great story! Yay, and I'm glad they thought we were a decent crowd. :happy: I want them to come back so badly!

And just curious, what time did you meet them? Part of me still thinks that whole radio takeover on 96.1 was pre-recorded. I find it odd that during the interview there was not a single reference to the gig they supposedly had just finished playing.

:awesome: Great story! Yay, and I'm glad they thought we were a decent crowd. :happy: I want them to come back so badly!

And just curious, what time did you meet them? Part of me still thinks that whole radio takeover on 96.1 was pre-recorded. I find it odd that during the interview there was not a single reference to the gig they supposedly had just finished playing.

I was thinking the same thing :yesey:

Its always worth a try :LOL: - did you read about my epic fail!!! :LOL: Good thing I can laugh about it. :facepalm:

Oh, about failing to ask the hotel people where they were? They probably wouldn't have told you anything, anyway. So you really think they were in that hotel? I guess I was figuring only the roadies would stay there and the band would stay in some fancy pants place downtown. So, what hotel was it? :shifty:

I met them after the concert dom was almost dripping sweat by then. and they were all back there talking about a success. I asked them about a next album and they said they were already planning a sort of surprise. I told them I heard a rumor from someone from work (which is usually false) that they were gonna have more of a grudge sound similar to nirvana, and they laugh and said maybe now that you told us to. I told them not to listen to me because what they were doing was obviously working. I asked if the pillers were frighting at all seeing as how im terrified of heights. They said that with the music and all the lights it really feels not too different except for the lack of movement. They also said the pillers were bigger when you are standing on them.

And I also feel like that Radio broadcast was pre recorded. there was no one in the back when i was there, except for the manager and lights guy, and that interview had already started by the time i got back to my car. which was right next to the exit. I don't think they started it that fast.

That is such a great story. Thanks for sharing

I met them after the concert dom was almost dripping sweat by then. and they were all back there talking about a success. I asked them about a next album and they said they were already planning a sort of surprise. I told them I heard a rumor from someone from work (which is usually false) that they were gonna have more of a grudge sound similar to nirvana, and they laugh and said maybe now that you told us to. I told them not to listen to me because what they were doing was obviously working. I asked if the pillers were frighting at all seeing as how im terrified of heights. They said that with the music and all the lights it really feels not too different except for the lack of movement. They also said the pillers were bigger when you are standing on them.

Wow, you actually got some interesting info out of them! :D A surprise? What in the world do you think that means? :awesome: Maybe another live album or something like that. Chris said they were taking a year-long break, so I'd think they wouldn't even get started on a pwoper album until 2012.

And lol, grunge sound. :chuckle:

I also feel like that Radio broadcast was pre recorded. there was no one in the back when i was there, except for the manager and lights guy, and that interview had already started by the time i got back to my car. which was right next to the exit. I don't think they started it that fast.

I knew it! They can't fool us. Well, they obviously fooled a lot of people, actually. That's why there were hardly any fans waiting around. The radio station from day one kept saying they were going to the station and all this b.s. And the security people were saying all kinds of things to throw us off the trail. If it weren't 40F and and I wasn't so hungry, dehydrated and had to pee so bad, I could've waited them out a lot longer. :LOL:

Oh, about failing to ask the hotel people where they were? They probably wouldn't have told you anything, anyway. So you really think they were in that hotel? I guess I was figuring only the roadies would stay there and the band would stay in some fancy pants place downtown. So, what hotel was it? :shifty:

Well I thought that until we pulled up to the back instead of the front and came in via the ballrooms, 3-4 hours before the show there were a couple of limos back there and a couple of blackout limo buses too (along with the school buses for the decatholon thing) and then the roomkey needed to get anywhere in the lifts and then the smile like she wanted to say something but didn't on the receptionist's face. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. Be easy to make a quick getaway on I-85 too.

Well I thought that until we pulled up to the back instead of the front and came in via the ballrooms, 3-4 hours before the show there were a couple of limos back there and a couple of blackout limo buses too (along with the school buses for the decatholon thing) and then the roomkey needed to get anywhere in the lifts and then the smile like she wanted to say something but didn't on the receptionist's face. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. Be easy to make a quick getaway on I-85 too.

Man! Damn receptionist probably met 'em. :phu:

Awesome! :D I should have contacted Lewis at 99x. He told me when the band was in town to do something he would get me in, whatever that meant. I could have asked to meet them. Oh well, that's in the past now. :p

Is the lights guy you are referring to Tom Kirk? I saw him at the sound board on the way out, wanted to say hello, but felt like a goober and so kept walking. lol

I'm happy to hear they thought the show was a success and that we were a good crowd. :happy:

And I also feel like that Radio broadcast was pre recorded. there was no one in the back when i was there, except for the manager and lights guy, and that interview had already started by the time i got back to my car. which was right next to the exit. I don't think they started it that fast.

Interesting info about the surprise, can't wait, whatever it is. :)

Just thinking of being on those towers gives me vertigo, so I know I would be scared up there.

Thanks for sharing this with us! I love hearing about fan experiences like this. :happy:

Sorry--massive fail on multiple-quoting.

I am convinced that the radio takeover was prerecorded because they kept talking about the "brand new" album and opening for U2, played AC/DC and never mentioned playing BiB at BDO or at the dress rehearsal and, as someone else pointed out, made no mention of the concert.

I *thought* that was Tom Kirk at the control panel but couldn't be sure because his back was to us most of the show.

I, too, am sick of the people who come into show threads to complain about the set list...when they weren't even at the flippin' show! What are the hoping to accomplish other than to be buzz kills?

Oh, and Rufygirl, I am really hoping for an NC date!

Sorry--massive fail on multiple-quoting.

I am convinced that the radio takeover was prerecorded because they kept talking about the "brand new" album and opening for U2, played AC/DC and never mentioned playing BiB at BDO or at the dress rehearsal and, as someone else pointed out, made no mention of the concert.

I *thought* that was Tom Kirk at the control panel but couldn't be sure because his back was to us most of the show.

I, too, am sick of the people who come into show threads to complain about the set list...when they weren't even at the flippin' show! What are the hoping to accomplish other than to be buzz kills?

Oh, and Rufygirl, I am really hoping for an NC date!

Charlotte! *fingers crossed*

haha, I had to work at that Friday night and Saturday morning! :LOL:

Wow, you actually got some interesting info out of them! :D A surprise? What in the world do you think that means? :awesome: Maybe another live album or something like that. Chris said they were taking a year-long break, so I'd think they wouldn't even get started on a pwoper album until 2012.

And lol, grunge sound. :chuckle:

I knew it! They can't fool us. Well, they obviously fooled a lot of people, actually. That's why there were hardly any fans waiting around. The radio station from day one kept saying they were going to the station and all this b.s. And the security people were saying all kinds of things to throw us off the trail. If it weren't 40F and and I wasn't so hungry, dehydrated and had to pee so bad, I could've waited them out a lot longer. :LOL:

Renee, if we had decided to wait, we'd only have to be there for one hour longer!

When Donna and I were coming back to the hotel (after we got some food), we saw Muse's bus driving out. I looked at the clock and it was exactly 1:40 a.m. I am 100% sure that it was their bus, because I looked at it close enough through the camera lens, remember?

But it was just soooo cold! I know I could not have waited for another hour...

Renee, if we had decided to wait, we'd only have to be there for one hour longer!

When Donna and I were coming back to the hotel (after we got some food), we saw Muse's bus driving out. I looked at the clock and it was exactly 1:40 a.m. I am 100% sure that it was their bus, because I looked at it close enough through the camera lens, remember?

But it was just soooo cold! I know I could not have waited for another hour...

Yeah, it was really uncomfortable waiting, esp. not knowing if we were wasting our time or not. I'm betting that before your Muse Madness is over this spring, you will have your chance. :)

Lie a Dead Star/In Your Wolrd type thing?

exactly! not necessarily for the purpose of charting but maybe more or less as something nice for fans. also itll give them something to rotate into their setlists after the resistance tour is through.

We were a couple people from the bar in front of Matt. We are all 5'4" and under, so we were happy to have ended up with such a great view. I was with my sister and daughter.

Here is a pic of me and my daughter before the show

http://img694.yfrog.com/i/waitingmeashsmallz.jpg/

Awesome pic! We ended up over on Chris's side. I probably saw you. Were you near Renee?

This is just...wow! I read your other entry, too. So composed to ask such good questions. I would have been a basket case and ended up looking nerdier than I already do. :LOL: So glad they were pleased with the Atlanta crowd. I felt like the reception was really good. Every one in seats were standing, and the pit was going nuts. I need to watch some of the vids. Thanks for sharing. And so, so very jealous!

About the fussing...those people really should go to the "discussion" thread, so the gig threads aren't junked up. Just sayin'.

Lol to the being composed. I walk through these curtains and i literally almost had a heart attack. we had to wait a while after the concert and I was thinking "what do I ask?" As soon I shook Matt's hand I said isn't it crazy I know all of you but you have no idea who I am. He chuckle put his hand on my back and said not to worry he gets it all the time. That's when i settle down and realize they do what they do because they love us as much as we love them. It was a vibe in the room that really felt wonderful. Not to get all mushy but that's how i view it in my eyes.

Lol to the being composed. I walk through these curtains and i literally almost had a heart attack. we had to wait a while after the concert and I was thinking "what do I ask?" As soon I shook Matt's hand I said isn't it crazy I know all of you but you have no idea who I am. He chuckle put his hand on my back and said not to worry he gets it all the time. That's when i settle down and realize they do what they do because they love us as much as we love them. It was a vibe in the room that really felt wonderful. Not to get all mushy but that's how i view it in my eyes.

I believe what you're saying, but I also want to say that is sounds surreal and to amazing to be true. So stoked you got the opportunity.

Archived