Which song would you most like to hear?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which song would you most like to hear?

• Bliss
    • Muscle Museum
    • Sunburn
    • Butterflies and Hurricanes
    • Showbiz
    • Take a Bow
    • Blackout
    • I Belong To You
    • Space Dementia

Yeah, I got the sarcasm there. :chuckle: I didn't notice any, though. Of course I WAS right in front of a security guard....

Aha. I was about 10 rows back in the GA section (middle), and the guy right next to me lit up a joint right before Uprising began... I know he wasn't the only one though.

I just got back to Myrtle Beach! The show last night was fantastic. My sister and I were numbers 10 and 11 and after leaving around 10:30, came back to get in line around 4:30. I met lots of cool boardies and was standing in General Admission with paemchen!

We ended up on the barrier directly in front of Chris and it turned out to be perfect. We could see absolutely everything. New Born, Unnatural Selection, MK Ultra, Plug in Baby, and Stockholm Syndrome were definitely my favorites. The set-list was great, I thought, but could have included something special like CE, Bliss, or Sunburn.

I loved the whole intro before Uprising with the people walking up the stairs. It was all very 1984. The pillars were really cool. I loved how they went up and down and spun.

I wasn't squished at all throughout the whole show and kept my barrier spot. There were some obnoxious people behind me, but they didn't prove to be a huge issue. The pit stunk of pot and BO the whole time, but I eventually got over it. Two people passed out, one of whom fainted directly on me, and both were pulled over the barrier.

Overall, I had a great time and loved not having to wait all day for my spot! I can't wait for Muse to come back to the GA/NC/SC area! :D

I had a great time last night, though it was almost ruined by a couple of things (I'll get into that later).

First off, SSPU........decent. I wasn't blown away by any means, but they were better than I thought they'd be. I may pick up their albums, but I'm not quite sure yet.

Muse was epic, truly epic. There was no shortage of energy coming from any of the boys, and the crowd (for the most part) was giving back all that Muse gave. I was disappointed by the setlist; no surprises sans MK Ultra and MotP. In the end, it was truly fantastic.

I was in the pit, about midway between Dom and Chris, maybe 20, 30 feet from the barrier. I'm glad that other people had great experiences in the pit, but I gotta be honest here; mine wasn't that great. From the get-go, my friend and I had these two short girls try to push their way past us; no asking whether or not they could stand in front of us because they were short. They were, in general, just being complete...well....you know. They were obviously there to see SSPU, as they screamed at the top of their lungs about every 30 seconds for them (if anyone here was near where I was, you know the sound). One girl even had the gall to tell me that she could get in front of me because, and I quote, "I'm a girl, and I'm allowed to." They eventually left after harassing my friend for being tall; not his fault he's over 6 feet tall.

All in all, besides the douchebaggery from some of the people in the pit, I had a great time. Thanks Muse, thanks a lot!

Okay, now I know who you are because I was right next to you, and also in front of the moron drunk girl who was obsessed with SSPU. And sang every word. And then was a total... The girl who got on the guys shoulders before Muse started was behind me and to the right, so she must have been right behind you. Your friend is 6' 7" right? I remember him saying that at some point. I was also in the t-shirt line right in front of him after, as he was begging someone on the phone not to leave with out him.

It is. Only slower, and not that long.

so. not the same.

the tempo change and the drums are recent i think?

i was pretty dead to the world before the show.i remember somehow making it over to the special area for early GA people and talking to some people and then my memory teleports me to the barrier where i think I was with some internet types.

Oh, I almost forgot: I felt totally bad for the people in the first lower seating sections to the right and left of the stage during SSPU. They had these bright white lights behind the lead singer, and they just shone or blinked right on those peoples faces the whole SSPU set! Every time I looked over they had their faces covered to keep from being blinded. Crazy!

Did anyone else in he pit smell weed? I, along with the people around me were wondering where it was coming from because it was SO STRONG :LOL:

I definitely smelled it.

I saw someone - a blonde woman - wearing a .MU t-shirt. Who was it? I didn' t come up and say hello because I'm really just a lurker here.

so. not the same.

the tempo change and the drums are recent i think?

i was pretty dead to the world before the show.i remember somehow making it over to the special area for early GA people and talking to some people and then my memory teleports me to the barrier where i think I was with some internet types.

I think I was standing next to you during the show.

That one chick behind me shoved her way up and shoved her elbows into my sides. :rolleyes:

All of her shoving and rubbing her boobs on my back messed up all my pictures. Not one decent picture.

I liked SSP ok. They sounded good but their songs kind of blend together into one.

Muse...after 15 or so gigs it was really weird for us to see them on such an elaborate stage. Neat. Very neat. Green lasers, rising towers, rotating drum set etc but kind of distracting for me. The setlist hey what hasnt been said? I did enjoy Undisclosed Desires and New Born. Hysteria never gets old.

The only realy complaint is their lighting. Such bad lighting for my poor point and shoot. :)

ohh the stage is super high but being abnormally short I guess it would be for me.

The venue staff was super cool. Not having to wait all day in the cold was such a perk.

Thanks Amber for holding the spot on the barrier. You saved our night!

It's strange seeing complaints for FG and GL and that slower bit in the middle.. I, also, am not a big fan of GL but, being in the pit, really appreciated how the crowd kind of mellowed out for a few minutes. It gave me a minute to catch my breath and get some fresher air.

That was my first experience seeing Muse headline, though, so I'm sure more experienced Musers have more room to kvetch about not hearing their favorites. As for me, I didn't expect to hear my favorite, Stockholm Syndrome, at all... and when they started it... I just LOST it.

Wait... so, lemme get this straight: you guys went really early and they gave you wristbands, then left and came back later and got in your spot in line? Do they do that at all of the shows?

I was told by one of the people working outside that Gwinnet is the only venue in the country that does that. I don't know if that's true, though.

Wait... so, lemme get this straight: you guys went really early and they gave you wristbands, then left and came back later and got in your spot in line? Do they do that at all of the shows?

Said anytime they have GA shows that is what they do.

So of course if Muse plays there again it will be interesting to see truckloads of people getting there early. People probably will camp out then. heh

I was told by one of the people working outside that Gwinnet is the only venue in the country that does that. I don't know if that's true, though.

Okay... well then I'm absolutely fine with waiting early to get a good spot, I guess my mom will just have to deal with it :p

Oh, I almost forgot: I felt totally bad for the people in the first lower seating sections to the right and left of the stage during SSPU. They had these bright white lights behind the lead singer, and they just shone or blinked right on those peoples faces the whole SSPU set! Every time I looked over they had their faces covered to keep from being blinded. Crazy!

Ahh that's what that tweeter was talking about. I told them about The Big Pink's almost-continuous strobes...

From a quick look at the Fairfax thread, it seems it's because of the policy of not having public on the premises until noon. The Fairfax venue is 'open' to queueing from 8am.

Muse...after 15 or so gigs it was really weird for us to see them on such an elaborate stage. Neat. Very neat. Green lasers, rising towers, rotating drum set etc but kind of distracting for me. The setlist hey what hasnt been said? I did enjoy Undisclosed Desires and New Born. Hysteria never gets old.

The only realy complaint is their lighting. Such bad lighting for my poor point and shoot. :)

ohh the stage is super high but being abnormally short I guess it would be for me.

The venue staff was super cool. Not having to wait all day in the cold was such a perk.

Thanks Amber for holding the spot on the barrier. You saved our night!

Still trying to wrap myself around this gig. No doubt that Muse were awesome, I just felt a little out of it because (for once) I was seated and I am used to being able to actually SEE them. The screens were very erratic, so it was hard to REALLY see for longer than a second. It just got too busy for my taste. Lesson learned? ALWAYS do GA. Also, did anyone notice anything about the sound? It just seemed out of sync a bit. And I have to admit - please don't hate me - that Matt's energy was different than I'm used to. A certain spontaneity was missing. But again-I'm used to seeing them really up close so I shouldn't even comment. I LOVED ESOE and UNNATURAL SELECTION. Also, their riffs were incredible. Would've loved more piano with CE or B&H, especially. But again? The night was great. As always. Look forward to seeing some up-close vids. ;) OH ! And thank you for the ticket Natalia. Great seats. I'm just a spolied brat, I suppose.:rolleyes:

Archived