Woah, that flag looks awesome. Malaysia's in it right? Hahaha. That Uprising shirt looks SWEET and I'm so getting a sweatband :D

The price looks insane, as compared to the merch that was selling during the Mono gig a few hours back. Their album Hymn to the Immortal Wind was only going for RM20, which is ridiculously cheap!!! The shirts (Mono) were so pretty too, but I thought it was a bit preachy.. I bought a tote bag though :happy:

Speaking of Mono, holy campers. I cannot believe loud noises can make such a beautiful sound. The idea of it is crazy, because when music is so loud, honestly you can't hear shit. With Mono though, loud is awesome rhythmic loud. It was 90 minutes of pure, intense love affairs with various instruments.

Equally great were the opening band Deepset whom I've been dying to catch them live. Finally tonight I did, and they certainly did not disappoint! As the customs usually go with the Malaysian crowd, they tend to boo off the opening acts, but for this gig, it was crazy different. Everyone cheered and was hungry for more even after Deepset had to humbly dismantle their own gear/set from the stage!

What a stark contrast to last night's Nokia Launch party where four artistes were featured, including Boys Like Girls. Sorry to all BLG fans, but they were just horrid (even after the 2nd time I'm seeing them live). Sound system was set up poorly and Martin the lead singer was just honestly trying too hard. I remember hearing about them 6 years back on Myspace and The Great Escape wasn't huge then. At that point I actually thought they've got potential (perhaps in a Hoobastank kinda way). Now however, they've just got a looong way to go to reach echelon (and I don't mean that in a 30 Seconds To Mars way) status!

I did, however, had a lot of fun going to concerts after my final paper! :happy: (TQ Miele btw for having such faith lol but I'm not even sure myself anymore)

----------------

In other news, is it time we start following Muse's tweets closely for hints as to what time they'll be taking a plane from Oz to SG? ;)

Edited by guilt-stricken

sorry to say..im not going..

:'(

I'm sorry to hear that :( Hurr.

Updated list-

CONFIRMED. :musesign::awesome:

Miele - Pen A

Nut - Pen A

cipankurus - Pen B Pen A

Starkiller - Pen A

Shannaz - Pen B

Lya - Terrace

Debbie - Balc

Mel - Balc

Joelyn - Balc

Liz - Balc

Almost confirmed (In the midst of getting the tix? ;) Please update us)

Tee

Grace (GraySea)

Unfortunately sitting this one out :( ...support group in the midst of formation?

Aida

Faz

Kay-a?

musebrat?

Noor

Nawkaz

P/S: Joelyn, I just realized I misspelled your name earlier lol sorry, got it confused with another friend of mine with the same name, but different spelling! :p;)

hola everybody! a couple more days to go before the big night out! :D

so, can you guys tell me (and everyone here) your plans?

i mean, when are you arriving, what are your plans before and after the gig on the 3rd etc etc?

EDIT:

On a totally different topic, it's been like, a couple of month or something, but,

matt and gaia has broken up!!

and i had just found out about it from musewiki. they've been so since mid december 09.

it's quite sad.... they've been together for soooo long and were almost near to marriage..

Edited by melwhoops

THREE MORE DAYS! :awesome:

Liz, I'm confirmed for Pen A. :)

Oh wow. I think I'm going to be reallyyy broke now. The Muse merch looks so nice. :( I'll just borrow money from my mum and pay her back with all my Chinese New Year money a week after I suppose! :LOL:

The Killers gig was awesome! Mr Flowers went to the 3 M'sian girls at North Block (that's us!!) & we got to take pix with him!

The setlist were:

1. Human

2. Somebody Told Me

3. For Reasons Unknown

4. The World We Live In

5. Joy Ride

6. Bling (Confession of a King)

7. Shadowplay (Joy Division cover)

8. Smile Like You Mean It

9. Losing Touch

10. Spaceman

11. A Dustland Fairytale

12. Sam's Town

13. Read My Mind

14. This River Is Wild

15. Bones

16. Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine

17. I Can't Stay

Encore:

18. Mr. Brightside

19. When You Were Young

20. All These Things That I've Done

We also managed to greet the band again at the airport today before their flight to Beijing & they said they were sorry that they played a trick on us by telling that the gig was cancelled.

Lol, I almost shat in my pants. :happy:

Any news about what day/time Muse are arriving in Singapore? Anyone up for some stalking bizniiiz? I am (:

If they arrive on Tuesday, I finish at FIVE ): But I'll have a break between 1.10 to 3.00, though it would be shit crazy for me to go the airport and think I can make it back to school within such a short time. Unless, hmk, desperation kicks in.

But if they arrive on Wednesday, I finish at 1.10 :happy:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

this was written on someone from school's blog : "If we live our life in fear, I'll wait a thousand years, just to see you smile again." and after every post, at the bottom there's a "our lips must always be sealed"

:supersad:

i cannot help but be a horrible bitch when it comes to this sort of Muse related stuff.

overreacting much? but I'm sure some of you feel like I do, yes no?

*sigh*.

hola everybody! a couple more days to go before the big night out! :D

so, can you guys tell me (and everyone here) your plans?

i mean, when are you arriving, what are your plans before and after the gig on the 3rd etc etc?

EDIT:

On a totally different topic, it's been like, a couple of month or something, but,

matt and gaia has broken up!!

and i had just found out about it from musewiki. they've been so since mid december 09.

it's quite sad.... they've been together for soooo long and were almost near to marriage..

mel are u on the same flight as me? if not then how ru travelling to singapore? i'll be arriving at 11.20-ish in changi. hopefully will get to betelbox just in time to check in (1pm). i'll be heading to the stadium by 3pm. prolly gonna get something healthy & full of energy for lunch, then on to queuing up. the day aft will just be lazing arnd till check out time then some quick sight seeing on the way to changi. my flight is at 6.20pm so i'll have to be at the airport by 4. what's ur plans?

mel are u on the same flight as me? if not then how ru travelling to singapore? i'll be arriving at 11.20-ish in changi. hopefully will get to betelbox just in time to check in (1pm). i'll be heading to the stadium by 3pm. prolly gonna get something healthy & full of energy for lunch, then on to queuing up. the day aft will just be lazing arnd till check out time then some quick sight seeing on the way to changi. my flight is at 6.20pm so i'll have to be at the airport by 4. what's ur plans?

hmmmm.... my sis and her friend will be tagging along, so we will be driving up and park our car in JB, and then off to singapore via public transport. might be arriving at betelbox around 12-1pm, and i don't have any plans after that. might tag along to the stadium with one of you guys if that's ok. also hopefully joelyn will be arriving around the same time cause i have her ticket with me. and i'll be staying in singapore until the 6th. though on the 4th, i'll be checking out of betelbox and move to the inn crowd backpackers where my sister and her friend is at. it's in little india, nearer to an mrt and to orchard road :D and will be travelling back to kl by car too.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

this was written on someone from school's blog : "If we live our life in fear, I'll wait a thousand years, just to see you smile again." and after every post, at the bottom there's a "our lips must always be sealed"

:supersad:

i cannot help but be a horrible bitch when it comes to this sort of Muse related stuff.

overreacting much? but I'm sure some of you feel like I do, yes no?

*sigh*.

OUFT.

I've booked a bunk at betelbox, but I'm still weighing my options if I should stay there or to bunk over at my cousin's place (despite troubling her but for comfort!). Betelbox would be easier to get home to after the gig since we're all gonna beramai-ramai walk back there right? What do you guys think?

Anyway, my itinerary is pretty short for SG. Leaving in a bus at about 10am with Joelyn on the 3rd itself, and our estimated time of arrival is prolly about 5-6pm at the stadium (after checking in and such). Day after gig I'm going to Tampines with a friend and Debbie to eat meatballs for brunch at IKEA :LOL: Shop & sight see a lil while, then our bus leaves at about 5:30pm from Singapore.

Edited by guilt-stricken

Here's my itinerary! (liz, think of this as a reply to your tweet haha :p)

Arriving on Feb 2nd (tomorrow! :D) at about 12pm-ish? gonna have lunch at Changi airport itself and gonna check in our hostel after that. Wash up and we're heading straight to Orchard Road for some sight seeing and shopping! I CANT WAIT TO CHECK OUT THE 3-STOREY HMV STORE omg. and Kinokuniya. And La Senza (just to compare it to the malaysian one :chuckle:), and that MOS burger, and everything! :D

Then on the 3rd of Feb, we'll be heading to Sentosa island to ride that Luge (thanks to you boarders who hyped it up so much haha), and then we'll be heading to Bugis street to do a little shopping! Have an early dinner at about 5-ish? and then head to the stadium to rock out to the little piece of awesome I like to call Muse :) Hopefully we can meet up with you guys! I dont know about walking to The Hive from the stadium though, its quite far I reckon. What do you guys think? Our hostel is at the Boon Keng MRT.

Then on the 4th, we'll be having brunch with Liz and her friend (you guys wanna join us too? :D) at Ikea for some nom swedish meatballs! Maybe re-enact some scenes from 500 Days of Summer :LOL: and then I have to catch my flight back to KL, which is departing at 5.10pm i think.

OK, let me try to work this out.

Muse just posted a picture on twitter which pretty much suggests that they're in the airport right now, Perth time (6pm). A quick check on the Perth international departures show that there are no flights leaving for Singapore after 6pm, safe for Tiger Airways (9:35pm) or SIA at 2am later, but why would they want to go to the airport 7 hours earlier right? Either that or they updated their Twitter account in the flight or something. It takes about a total of 5 hours to reach Singapore from Perth. There is one flight coming in from Perth to Singapore at approx 5:20pm local time, therefore I think it's safe to rule that flight out because they would have to board the flight from Perth at 12:20pm.

If they were to fly on SIA, they would've taken the 4pm flight from Perth (SQ226), arriving at 9:05pm tonight. I checked the Qantas Monday flights and they have one that leaves from Perth at 3:40pm (QF71). Suggestively, this would mean that the flight would arrive about half an hour ealier than SIA, therefore at about 8:45pm. Whatever it is though, I think if you were at Changi tonight from 9:15pm onwards, you might be lucky enough to meet them.

These are still however, strictly just guesses from past experience so please don't rely on them too much. ;)

Edit: If they took the via Bali flight, and not direct flights, then kantoi lol I'm not sure any more.

Edited by guilt-stricken

oh my gosh liz, you are epic :LOL:

for one thing, i know that they tend to post their flight-related tweet pics a bit late. Once they posted a pic of the view from their airplane, the picture of the sky was in the afternoon but the time they posted it up would've been night time.

So maybe that most recent twitpic they posted was also a few hours late?

actually yea, i think we should plan on where to meet up AFT the gig. sumone posted sum time ago abt waiting for muse to leave the venue? n since we hv the entrance plan of the stadium, maybe we can work sumthing out?

mel: it'd be a pleasure to have ur company on d way to the stadium :)

liz: if only i can greet them at the airport. grrr why must the concert be in the middle of a week? :( oh & stay at betelboxxxxxxxx!

edit: If they took the via bali flight, and not direct flights, then kantoi lol i'm not sure any more.

WHAT THE FUCK? Baliiiiii? :eek: Oh my god. I can't comprehend anything. But either way, I'm not gonna meet them at the airport I guess...

Also Nut, it says that it starts at 10. That doesn't mean we can't get there earlier right? :$

for one thing, i know that they tend to post their flight-related tweet pics a bit late. Once they posted a pic of the view from their airplane, the picture of the sky was in the afternoon but the time they posted it up would've been night time.

So maybe that most recent twitpic they posted was also a few hours late?

Lol I think it's best they do that (the delay) and not post where they are immediately, because then people like me would be able to pin point their exact locations in the exact time :LOL: Like for example, I know that Saosin (who ate durian in Bandung) is at Crown Regency Hotel right now or perhaps headed off to Pelita for some nasi kandar before their Malaysian show hahaha.

I love your 500 Days of Summer re-enactment plan. :D

If it's a number of you and your friends headed back to The Hive (will they play music from the band in the lobby?) I think sharing a midnight surcharge cab fee wouldn't be too bad, right? You'll probably want the comfort after the intense Muse gig =D

liz: if only i can greet them at the airport. grrr why must the concert be in the middle of a week? :( oh & stay at betelboxxxxxxxx!

Yeah, I don't know why I'm getting excited about the flight arrival times as well, I'm not even gonna be there :( Hmm, gave it some thought and I guess I'll stay at betelbox too. Easier to contact Joelyn since we're travelling back together as well :)

Tee, congrats on scoring those Pen A tix!!! :D What happens if you do win the AXN contest? Lol.

Miele, I shall bring your Rolling Stones mag k? :happy:

Ooo... Lol.... You guys almst made me anticipate for that day.

Must not anticipate and let the fact sink in or else can't concentrate on work and sleeping :rolleyes: lol :LOL:

Whoopee!!! 2 more days to Singapore. Can't wait to go into the bus with you Liz and finally see all the Muse fanatics in Malaysia :rolleyes::p opps, I mean fans :D