Nut, OH THANK GOD ahha. I better bring extra cash just in case. but walao, this trip is seriously burning a hole in my .. er.. bank account. Damn it singapore why must you be so maju :'(

Liz, AWWWWH B14?!?! I'm at B16 :( soo clooose yet so faaaarrrr. sigh. But I want to meet up with you guys and hang out a bit la, and perve over Dom and Matt :chuckle: if thats okay. ehheh. and yeah I reckon sending your Andrew Bird tickets via posexpress would be real quick. I know for posexpress within m'sia, you can receive your parcel on the next day :nerd:. but for overseas i think 2 days tops la, but i'm not sure about the price.

yeayyyyy! you can totally stand with us cause our seats are number 1 and 2, which is the end of the row which means plenty of space! :D i definitely can't wait to finally meet and hang out with you guys.

Awesome! :D We shall teach everyone around us the Starlight clap lol. Do we have an Uprising clap? Lol.

I wish. :p I'll definitely not be seeing Echo and the Bunnymen. :'( I'm gutted, but ahh I'm so excited for Muse!

:( If you send it through express mail surely it'll get there the next day? Ahh that's terrible, I wish I could buy your ticket and go watch him!

Unsuccessful. Looks like I'm going to have to fork out $200+ -sigh-

That's great that you're seeing Muse! :awesome:

I'm glad the Franz Ferdinand phase has disappeared slightly now lol ;)

Yeah I was thinking of PosLaju or FedEx but considering this being in singapore and another country, I'm not sure if it's guaranteed the next day. Too bad things didn't work out, I guess :(

$200+, ouch! Maybe you could try joining contests? There's one for AXN Singapore viewers (click here) and another one at MTV (Closing date's today though!)

Nut, OH THANK GOD ahha. I better bring extra cash just in case. but walao, this trip is seriously burning a hole in my .. er.. bank account. Damn it singapore why must you be so maju :'(

Liz, AWWWWH B14?!?! I'm at B16 :( soo clooose yet so faaaarrrr. sigh. But I want to meet up with you guys and hang out a bit la, and perve over Dom and Matt :chuckle: if thats okay. ehheh. and yeah I reckon sending your Andrew Bird tickets via posexpress would be real quick. I know for posexpress within m'sia, you can receive your parcel on the next day :nerd:. but for overseas i think 2 days tops la, but i'm not sure about the price.

The important things like flight/accommodation etc has already been paid for right? Unless you're planning to head to Sentosa and Night Safari etc lol then yeah I guess you have to carry more cash. If you have friends with the EZ link card (similar to our Touch & Go only way more efficient), I suggest you borrow because public transport would cost less then. I'm planning to do my CNY shopping in singapore haha but I don't know if I'll hv time. I've promised my friend that we'll be visiting IKEA :LOL:

Speaking of IKEA, hey Nut which IKEA's swedish meatballs are better? The one in Tampines is the newer one, right?

The Franz phase is far from fading. I'm just controlling it so I don't annoy you all. :LOL: But yeah, I'm excited to see Muse, hopefully it'll compare with my Franz experience. :happy:

Two people contacted me about the ticket and I gave them both your email. :(

I tried the AXN one. :(

Also, Ikea meatballs ftw! I love Ikea. There's one near my grandparents' house on the way to the airport. :awesome:

Faz and Aida, so very sorry about what happened. Like Lya said, pujuk hati by going to Muse ok tak? If you guys would only say the word, all the crazy plans to make it for Muse ( that we discussed at KL Sentral) I would so try and do for you guys, yes even the borderline criminal ones Faz :)

Also, yay Liz you're going! Must meet up, can we pick a time and place for meetup on the day itself? Bcoz it's not confirmed in stone yet everyone else who's staying at Betelbox right?

8 days to Go!!!!

Liz, teach us noobs how to do the Starlight clap!! :chuckle: And are we doing Uprising clap and dance or only clap:p Honestly everytime I watch the totp uprising video, I can't help lol-ing imaging us doing the dance in the concert :LOL:

Yay! More people are coming to the Muse concert but everytime I heard fly fm doing the Muse contest I can't help feeling geram cause it's a fully paid expense trip :rolleyes: hehe

Awww..... Faz, weresodicso, don't be so mad. I'm sure the Killers did not purposely cancle it. Can't you guys sell the flight ticket? Aww.... Would love it X10000000000000000 if you guys are going along for the Muse concert then the Malaysian Muse boardies is almost complete :D Imaging all the Dom screaming and giggles we will make in Sing Indoor Stadium =DDDDDD

Can't believe it's already so close to the date. Oh ya, btw, should be do anything before we go like filling up a form or something? The last time I went to Sg is like 5-8 yrs ago...:stunned:

Tee, thank you so much for your help! I didn't hear back from those who emailed me but it's ok I guess, I'll just keep the ticket (along with The Killers') in a dark corner. Out of sight, out of mind :( Hope you'll win that AXN contest! Not sure which tickets they're giving out though.

Any idea how the Cat Power gig went btw?

Faz and Aida, so very sorry about what happened. Like Lya said, pujuk hati by going to Muse ok tak? If you guys would only say the word, all the crazy plans to make it for Muse ( that we discussed at KL Sentral) I would so try and do for you guys, yes even the borderline criminal ones Faz :)

Also, yay Liz you're going! Must meet up, can we pick a time and place for meetup on the day itself? Bcoz it's not confirmed in stone yet everyone else who's staying at Betelbox right?

We would've been at the airport right now because The Killers' (supposed) flight leaves for Hong Kong in about 20 minutes :( Last night went past as a blur, I think because I was trying to keep myself occupied. Here's hoping Aida & Faz would give us a short report on their sg trip, didn't turn out too bad I hope. Meeting up with Nut and all? :(

Hmm, I think I could only reach singapore at about 5pm, the latest. You should be in line by then!! I could come find you (plus everyone else) in line, or perhaps just meet after the gig? :) Speaking of which, do you want me to bring the Muse Rolling Stones mag to Singapore? :LOL:

Liz, teach us noobs how to do the Starlight clap!! :chuckle: And are we doing Uprising clap and dance or only clap:p Honestly everytime I watch the totp uprising video, I can't help lol-ing imaging us doing the dance in the concert :LOL:

Can't believe it's already so close to the date. Oh ya, btw, should be do anything before we go like filling up a form or something? The last time I went to Sg is like 5-8 yrs ago...:stunned:

Lol we should do that dance! Ok, must go choreograph it now, if only we have four of us though. Debbie, come join us in B14!!! During Uprising if we do start dancing I think everyone would stare at us lol but it'll be so much fun! That extra space at the corner could come in handy eh? Heh. Now where do we get matching santarina outfits? Jk.;):happy:

Yeah we'll have to fill up an immigration/customs card of sorts, but those things will be provided by the bus coach. Just get the address of beetlebox and I think you should be fine. :)

Yeah we'll have to fill up an immigration/customs card of sorts, but those things will be provided by the bus coach. Just get the address of beetlebox and I think you should be fine. :)

thank god for this! i didnt kno we have to fill in forms n such. like i said, never been outside malaysia :$ thnx for the heads up :)

8 days to Go!!!!

we should we should plan something. r we going to the stadium from betelbox ramai2 or what? but im sure all you pen A ppl will wanna go early to queue up. i kinda dun hv to queue up early coz the seats r numbered but dun mind tagging along :)

Tee there's a guy from FB who wants to sell a couple of pen A tix at $200 each. You want to deal with him?

Liz honestly I haven't tried the meatballs from IKEA so I can't help you with that. Yes the one at Tampines is the newer one. It's like just 15 min bus ride from my home lol. Cycling is one of my favourite things to do! And there is a new badass skate park at East Coast. You should check it out.

Edited by Nutcracker

The Killers gig was awesome! Mr Flowers went to the 3 M'sian girls at North Block (that's us!!) & we got to take pix with him!

The setlist were:

1. Human

2. Somebody Told Me

3. For Reasons Unknown

4. The World We Live In

5. Joy Ride

6. Bling (Confession of a King)

7. Shadowplay (Joy Division cover)

8. Smile Like You Mean It

9. Losing Touch

10. Spaceman

11. A Dustland Fairytale

12. Sam's Town

13. Read My Mind

14. This River Is Wild

15. Bones

16. Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine

17. I Can't Stay

Encore:

18. Mr. Brightside

19. When You Were Young

20. All These Things That I've Done

We also managed to greet the band again at the airport today before their flight to Beijing & they said they were sorry that they played a trick on us by telling that the gig was cancelled.

Haha...OK now seriously, Nut should bring us potential mental patients to see his gf (she works at a psychiatric ward/hospital) :LOL:

None of the above happened I'm afraid, it was just my wild imagination

Here's what really happened:

killersjahat.jpg

We were there but the Killers were not! :(

There were 2 M'sian girls who DROVE to S'pore and just only then found out that the gig was cancelled! We felt sorry for them :(

northentrancewoorg.jpg

Supposedly our entrance. Relax before what show? :rolleyes:

Unfortunately Liz, we didn't see/bump into any Killers' crew

We also asked for the Killers posters, but they (the organizers) said they didn't have it! C'mon, they've already known this did they? How come there were no posters at all??!!

On a good note, we saw MUSE posters! :happy:

muse.jpg

Other than the excursion to Sg Indoor Stadium, we also went to Fort Canning Park to reminisce about the gigs that were held there before.

For touristy stuff, we went to Sentosa as per Nut's reccomendation and tried the luge! It was great fun! We rode the luge thrice !! :D We actually came to Sentosa twice, once on Sunday (supposed gig day) + Monday while waiting for our flight back home :rolleyes:

You gals should try it!

luge.jpg

This was us on the skyride going to the luge trek

Oh Deb, there is a Maybank building! :D

maybank.jpg

This is for Liz - Andrew Bird's poster / billboard at Esplanade

andrewbird.jpg

ALSO, THANKS TO NUT FOR BEING A REALLY AWESOME HOST! Driving us to Sg Indoor Stadium, bringing us around etc etc :happy:

Edited by weresodisco

Tee, thank you so much for your help! I didn't hear back from those who emailed me but it's ok I guess, I'll just keep the ticket (along with The Killers') in a dark corner. Out of sight, out of mind :( Hope you'll win that AXN contest! Not sure which tickets they're giving out though.

Any idea how the Cat Power gig went btw?

No problem, sorry to hear that nobody responded back to you. :(

Thanks. :D They were backstage passes and Pen A tickets.

Unfortunately not. :(

@Nut - I think I might have found somebody selling it for cheaper, but I'll see. :D

Awww..... Faz, weresodicso, don't be so mad. I'm sure the Killers did not purposely cancle it. Can't you guys sell the flight ticket? Aww.... Would love it X10000000000000000 if you guys are going along for the Muse concert then the Malaysian Muse boardies is almost complete :D Imaging all the Dom screaming and giggles we will make in Sing Indoor Stadium =DDDDDD

The Killers sangat jahat! that's how i feel right now. i blame them 100%. it's bullocks that they cancelled a sold-out gig a couple of days before the actual date. if you were in my place, am sure you'll feel the same way. somehow, this reminds me of Bangkok so i don't think i'm going for Muse either. am staying put in Malaysia. i thought i was fine but i guess am still bitter about it. am afraid the minute i get the tix for BNO, Muse will suddenly do The Killers too. don't wanna jinx it.

The Killers gig was awesome! Mr Flowers went to the 3 M'sian girls at North Block (that's us!!) & we got to take pix with him!

The setlist were:

1. Human

2. Somebody Told Me

3. For Reasons Unknown

4. The World We Live In

5. Joy Ride

9. Losing Touch

10. Spaceman

11. A Dustland Fairytale

12. Sam's Town

13. Read My Mind

14. This River Is Wild

15. Bones

17. I Can't Stay

Encore:

18. Mr. Brightside

19. When You Were Young

We also managed to greet the band again at the airport today before their flight to Beijing & they said they were sorry that they played a trick on us by telling that the gig was cancelled.

ALSO, THANKS TO NUT FOR BEING A REALLY AWESOME HOST! Driving us to Sg Indoor Stadium, bringing us around etc etc :happy:

LOL Aida. you forgot to mentioned that Dom from Muse suddenly came out and jam with the Killers during Mr Brightside! lol..

great setlist there. i give you an A+ for the review. well done! hehehe..

+10101011... THANK YOU SO MUCH SUPER KIND NUT! so sorry if we were troubling you.

LUGE was awesome!! i will definitely try it again the next time i'm in singapore.

Edited by crazy_mary

Nut, would it be possible if you could meet my ticket seller and collect the ticket for me, and I'll pay you back? :unsure: I'm arriving quite late on the 2nd so I can't meet them.

Also, wtf. I got an email from somebody else about Pen A tickets. I told them I already made a deal with someone and would only buy their ticket if it was for $150. They said sure, and then five minutes later they sent me another email saying sorry, but they just sold it. :'(:LOL: Ah well, original price is still pretty good with all the scalpers going around...

+10101011... THANK YOU SO MUCH SUPER KIND NUT! so sorry if we were troubling you.

LUGE was awesome!! i will definitely try it again the next time i'm in singapore.

YOU'RE WELCOME KAK FAZ! It was no trouble really. And it was fun hanging out with you Musers!

Wow you guys are hardcore luge-ers!! Even I have done it only once. :D

Nut, would it be possible if you could meet my ticket seller and collect the ticket for me, and I'll pay you back? :unsure: I'm arriving quite late on the 2nd so I can't meet them.

Also, wtf. I got an email from somebody else about Pen A tickets. I told them I already made a deal with someone and would only buy their ticket if it was for $150. They said sure, and then five minutes later they sent me another email saying sorry, but they just sold it. :'(:LOL: Ah well, original price is still pretty good with all the scalpers going around...

Alright. Though you'll have to take it from me from work at Bugis, if you plan to take it on the 3rd itself. Yep I'll be working, on course actually. :( Mail me the details then.

Liz honestly I haven't tried the meatballs from IKEA so I can't help you with that. Yes the one at Tampines is the newer one. It's like just 15 min bus ride from my home lol. Cycling is one of my favourite things to do! And there is a new badass skate park at East Coast. You should check it out.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The setlist were:

1. Human

2. Somebody Told Me

3. For Reasons Unknown

4. The World We Live In

5. Joy Ride

9. Losing Touch

10. Spaceman

11. A Dustland Fairytale

12. Sam's Town

13. Read My Mind

14. This River Is Wild

15. Bones

17. I Can't Stay

Encore:

18. Mr. Brightside

19. When You Were Young

Aww you forgot to add that you called me when The Killers played Tranquilize ! ;) That is one kick ass set list though!!

There were 2 M'sian girls who DROVE to S'pore and just only then found out that the gig was cancelled! We felt sorry for them

Holy crap. That would've been so hard on them :(

Unfortunately Liz, we didn't see/bump into any Killers' crew

We also asked for the Killers posters, but they (the organizers) said they didn't have it! C'mon, they've already known this did they? How come there were no posters at all??!!

Blah. LOUSY LOUSY organizers. I cannot believe that there were no Killers posters at all.:mad:

Mmmm, pretty Muse poster =D

This is for Liz - Andrew Bird's poster / billboard at Esplanade

andrewbird.jpg

Last night was rough. I still can't believe I was slaving over my books when Andrew Bird was performing to a sold out gig at Esplanade :(

Thanks for the write up, Aida <3 Hope you had fried ice cream and everything at Bugis Street :] Luge sounds great!

Dear Aida and Faz; it's good to hear you guys had fun, considering the circumstances. Having an awesome SG host always helps ya :D

Rindu la plak kat Fort Canning, best tak lepak?

Liz: Good luck with your exams girl. Have a feeling you'll do great :)

Tee: great news about the tix, let's do the pre-concert meetup with Nut and the rest eh? Am still undecided about the time though.

Baaah so very sorry but I cant focus, it's 5 days to go!!!!

I was thinking of going a bit before then. :$ But I'd love to meet you then at the entrance! :D I might have a problem too...will have to convince my mum it's better to drop our passports off at the embassy earlier than later, luckily I don't need to be present at the embassy and she's going there after she's dropped me off. Mwahaha.

Also, has anybody seen the merch yet? http://www.lamcproductions.com/bnomerch Ahh I'd love to get the Uprising and the album tour shirt, but that's $80 already. :stunned: And here I was going to buy a flag and a tour programme too...I honestly have never attended a gig with such expensive merch before. Now, if only Chinese New Year were before the gig. :p

Edited by Waldo