Classical music used in Resistance tracks

jessica-red

Hi-sorry if been asked before but what is the classical music excerpts played on certain tracks please ?

United States Of Eurasia - Chopin Nocturne Op.9 No.2

I Belong To You - Excerpt from Samson & Deliah

and some people say that Exo:Redemption sounds like the Moonlight Sonata

is that right?

United States Of Eurasia - Chopin Nocturne No...9?

is that right?

Nocture Op. 9 No. 2 and yes, the start of Redemption is a blatant rip off of Moonlight Sonata.:LOL:

Actually Redemption as a whole reminds me more of Lizst Liebenstraume :happy:

Jesus I haven't listened to that in an age. You would think Bellamy would try to rip off the less famous pieces.:chuckle: I kid, I kid.

*goes back to listen*

The first thing I thought when I heard Redemption anyway, was Moonlight Sonata. Not that I mind too much as I love it.:yesey:

People have said Redemption sounds like the Moonlight Sonata - I don't get it though.

Just the start really.

Jesus I haven't listened to that in an age. You would think Bellamy would try to rip off the less famous pieces.:chuckle: I kid, I kid.

*goes back to listen*

The first thing I thought when I heard Redemption anyway, was Moonlight Sonata. Not that I mind too much as I love it.:yesey:

Just the start really.

Personally if he wants to be more inspired by Chopin, Lizst and Rachmaninov I have no issues. Actually I have a few suggestions on pieces to draw from :happy:

Inspired, yes I don't mind. You should send them a mix tape.:chuckle:

Now that's an idea! :awesome:

"dear mr bellamy, could you please incorporate the following classical pieces in the songs of the next album?

Thank you,

PS: hello to Dom and Chris

L."

Here's a quote from Matt I saved, in about ... year 2003.

Matt: ''Yeah, we recorded some demo's and talked about them very much, asking each other things like: why's the one better than the other? What are we going to put together? We also studied the past. There are two ways of making music : You can come up with something totally new and refreshing or you can work on already excisting concepts, try to make it better and add things to it. The first thing is really difficult to do, actually that's only possible with making new sounds with computers. The second way is just correcting things. Actually there's also a third option which is doin a little of both, Radiohead's Kid A is a good example of that. That's what we are doing, looking at the past and trying to make progress.''

He actually cites Radiohead's Kid A in this :p.

But with this quote, I can see why they took (PAST and present) stuff from their influences and added it to 'advance' on it or whatever. It's no different now. Snakecharmer riff in Hyper Music anyone?

No, it doesn't use broken chords. They're just ascending arpeggios.

arpeggios are broken chords but all broken chords are not arpeggios.

I agree with Obi, the only resemblance with the moonlight sonata is the sequence.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Matt had classical piano training while he was living at his Grandmothers.

I suppose that there's a limited amount of notes you can use when composing. I remember George Harrison had a lawsuit filed against him for "My Sweet Lord" which allegedly had similiar motifs and note patterns as " He's So Fine" by The Chiffons

United States Of Eurasia - Chopin Nocturne Op.9 No.2

is that right?

And Overture sounds exactly like (cant remeber song name) on the LOTR soundtracks

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Matt had classical piano training while he was living at his Grandmothers.

I suppose that there's a limited amount of notes you can use when composing. I remember George Harrison had a lawsuit filed against him for "My Sweet Lord" which allegedly had similiar motifs and note patterns as " He's So Fine" by The Chiffons

And then there is just plain ripping off.

Archived