Orens already back in NZ, living in Hamilton.

Long story short we broke up Oct last year. Still my best friend though and I miss him a lot.

Oh, I'm sorry to bring that up. Shows how I haven't been on facebook for so long. That's great you're still best friends though :)

Hi Michelle:musesign:

Hi Chris! *waves*

We need a waving smile face in here like on Skype.

Oh, and I strongly agree with the comments about the cold! Bloody hell!

And it's just not fair. For most of my trip I was in places where it was meant to be spring, but it was only 10-12 degrees, and I was seeing that Auckland had 18-19 those days. Where's that gone now, Auckland? Huh?

Hey Rich, good to see ya back. Overall, how was the trip? Highlight pics would be cool.

That's a shame about the cold weather everywhere, but don't expect warm weather here anytime soon :erm:

No worries! It's not like we announced it to the world at the time and there's probably a bunch of people I rarely see who still have no idea. We even just hid our relationship statuses on facebook to avoid the whole awkward facebook "is now single.

Oh, I see. Yeah, facebook can make life more awkward sometimes.

I've been working on PhD and scholarship applications plus I've just finished a cv and cover letter for a job as a bird keeper at Auckland Zoo. My uni supervisor said I should apply for the job as just a reference to see how they value my skills and how far I get trhough the application process. I don't know though whether to get my cv checked by a careers advisor or not, as I've never had to give a cv for the jobs I've gotten (only given out a cv once and didn't get that job). And if I don't get a scholarship, I'm going to need to look at getting a more permanent job :erm:

Overall, how was the trip? Highlight pics would be cool.

The trip was amazing, especially the places where I met up with friends - lots in London (plus the trip to Belgium with Jo!), as well as New York, Berlin and Edinburgh. Pretty tiring packing so much into every day for six weeks, though, and I got a bit lonely in some of the other places.

Here's one photo my friend took of me in Berlin. I love it!

2rxy682.jpg

The Auckland Zoo job sounds fantastic! Definitely worth a crack. Good luck with that and/or the scholarship applications!

I was doing some practice in the speech-recognition stuff at work today. I took a break and listened to some music. I sang along a bit (I was all by myself in a little room). I didn't notice I'd left my microphone switched on... It turns out the software can understand singing!

So, what does everyone think of Survival?

I think it's fabulous. :LOL: Still makes me laugh after four or five listens.

Can't believe London 2012 chose it as the official song, though. Do they want their Olympics to be taken seriously?

Can't believe London 2012 chose it as the official song, though. Do they want their Olympics to be taken seriously?

Sounds like a declaration of war! I'm expecting the planned rural farm-life theme to drop away to banners of Big Brother and marching soldiers.

Sounds like a declaration of war! I'm expecting the planned rural farm-life theme to drop away to banners of Big Brother and marching soldiers.

Haha, that's brilliant.

But I wonder how it's gonna work live. There's not much time for a piano-guitar transition for Matt. So is he gonna be lazy and get Morgan to do the bouncy piano part while he dances awkwardly with his guitar?

That's stupid. :noey:

Went to Flight of the Conchords at Vector on Friday (the first night). So awesome. Setlist: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/flight-of-the-conchords/2012/vector-arena-auckland-new-zealand-23df6ce7.html

But there was one random thing. While I was outside the arena, Kim Dotcom randomly showed up, and like a hundred people flocked over to get autographs and have photos taken with him. He's a big star now, apparently!

The trip was amazing, especially the places where I met up with friends - lots in London (plus the trip to Belgium with Jo!), as well as New York, Berlin and Edinburgh. Pretty tiring packing so much into every day for six weeks, though, and I got a bit lonely in some of the other places.

Yeah I can imagine it would be tiring moving all over the place, but it sure is an amazing experience you'll remember for the rest of your life.

I was doing some practice in the speech-recognition stuff at work today. I took a break and listened to some music. I sang along a bit (I was all by myself in a little room). I didn't notice I'd left my microphone switched on... It turns out the software can understand singing!

That's pretty cool. You'll be able to make your own karaoke! :LOL:

It's pretty epic. I haven't listened to it since the day it was first released though, been quite busy. But yeah, I imagine it could possibly end been cut up and ruined for the olympics :erm:

:wtf::LOL:

I've just submitted my application for the zoo job. My PhD scholarship aplication is in too. Now it's a waiting game... Hope I don't get as anxious as when I was waiting for my thesis mark.

Good luck Michelle!

Think I might just help out the government by paying off $5000 on my student loan. But really, I'm only doing it because it's the last year of the voluntary repayment bonus and that'll give me $500 off my loan.

Also was going to say Kit Dotcom is a smart man, knows what to get behind (ie. TVNZ7) to make Kiwis support him. His twitter is great.

But I thought he was on bail to his home only? He always seems to be about the place!

And I'm glad the tide has turned, no way should the US seem to have so much power against a NZ citizen (regardless of how he got that status, people buy citizenship all over the world anyway).

And I'm glad the tide has turned, no way should the US seem to have so much power against a NZ citizen (regardless of how he got that status, people buy citizenship all over the world anyway).

Exactly, and especially since the US is footing absolutely none of the bill for the legal proceedings they conceived.