Atlanta U2 support

chapel

I hope Muse does some Twitpics while they're in Atlanta! That would be so cool. I hope they haven't given up on this city after Matt's massive face injury and all. I know they've been here since then, but I'm sure that one incident stands out...

I'm betting they'll go to the Georgia Aquarium since it's the coolest thing here and Matt and Dom love fish! So who wants to go stalk the Aquarium with me? :shifty: Just kidding! Or am I? :erm:

I hope Muse does some Twitpics while they're in Atlanta! That would be so cool. I hope they haven't given up on this city after Matt's massive face injury and all. I know they've been here since then, but I'm sure that one incident stands out...

I'm betting they'll go to the Georgia Aquarium since it's the coolest thing here and Matt and Dom love fish! So who wants to go stalk the Aquarium with me? :shifty: Just kidding! Or am I? :erm:

Oh so tempted!

oh god.... i didn't even connect that that happened in ATL. xD. -fail-

and words can not explain how much i would love to. hahah. xD.

Just thought I'd mention one of the people I'm going with is a 100% Muse virgin. I don't think she's ever even heard of them before and I think I'll just let her be shocked.

I haven't seen her in a long time and didn't want to freak her out quite yet with my over enthusiasm. She'll find out soon enough... :awesome: ...

I wish the first time I heard of them was at a gig. I had to wait four years... Lucky duck!

So anyone on here planning on doing tweets on Tuesday for those less fortunate who aren't going? I'm too cheap to have an internet plan on my phone. Plus, I don't have one of those li'l keyboard thingies, either, which makes for some pretty pathetically time-consuming texting. But if no one else can do it, I shall sacrifice for the cause. Maybe. :LOL:

I have been to a Muse concert, but really have not been. I was at the concert with the busted mouth incident. Can't wait till next week.

Ha..I went to that too. Saw them the following year (and the following) at the Tabernacle, but my friend had flown up from NOLA for the lip gig and coudldn't make it back. He still hasn't seen them.

So anyone on here planning on doing tweets on Tuesday for those less fortunate who aren't going? I'm too cheap to have an internet plan on my phone. Plus, I don't have one of those li'l keyboard thingies, either, which makes for some pretty pathetically time-consuming texting. But if no one else can do it, I shall sacrifice for the cause. Maybe. :LOL:

Not sure if I will. I def don't want to spend time during the gig looking at my keypad but maybe between sets I could send out some pics or a set list or a couple of these :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

Ha..I went to that too. Saw them the following year (and the following) at the Tabernacle, but my friend had flown up from NOLA for the lip gig and coudldn't make it back. He still hasn't seen them.

me too. That was my first Muse show. We were in front of Matt that night and everyone pushed us out of the way to get his bloody towel and setlist. ew.

I wonder if he still has a scar on his lip?

To stay on topic...have fun everyone at the ATL show. Sing loud so they'll come back and play the Tabernacle again. right.

Well I'm glad you got to see them a few times after that and went to the lip gig! That's actually pretty awesome. But I feel so bad for the people who only got to see them then.

To stay on topic...have fun everyone at the ATL show. Sing loud so they'll come back and play the Tabernacle again. right.

I wish they'd play the Taberacle. Seems I'll only get to see them in arenas/stadiums :( I love more intimate shows but I'm glad to be seeing them at all- finally!

I wonder what venue they'll play when they come next time? If they don't come back in the spring, I'll cry forever. I was at an event last weekend at the Gwinnett Arena, and it was actually a pretty cool venue. Not a bad seat in the house. I think it seats 13,000. Or the Fox Theatre, but it only seats around 4,500, as does the Civic Center. Maybe they'll announce the tour details in the next month or so. I should really find something else to do. Like go to bed. :rolleyes:

The Fox Theater would be absolutely amazing if it only seated more people. I'd be scared if they played there I wouldn't get a ticket. But there's not a chance of that anyway since they're into bigger gigs. I've never been to Gwinett but it seems like about the right size. My sister saw a show there just a month ago from way in the back and still had a great view. They almost always come to Atl but I hope they don't skip us after being here with U2! I will travel farther for them but I don't really want to have to.

The Fox Theater would be absolutely amazing if it only seated more people. I'd be scared if they played there I wouldn't get a ticket. But there's not a chance of that anyway since they're into bigger gigs. I've never been to Gwinett but it seems like about the right size. My sister saw a show there just a month ago from way in the back and still had a great view. They almost always come to Atl but I hope they don't skip us after being here with U2! I will travel farther for them but I don't really want to have to.

Another possible venue would be Hi-Fi Buys amphitheatre (formerly Lakewood) which seats 19,000.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, about them skipping us because of the U2 gig, but hopefully it won't happen since this is going to be "their most extensive tour of the States" according to Chris. :)

The Fox would be amazing. such a great venue. Gwinnett is only about 20 minutes from me, so that would be nice. :)

I don't have a Twitter account. or an iphone. My hubby has an itouch, and may be able to post from the concert. But he's so blah. I'll work on him and see what I can do. We want our friends to be able to fly the sexy plane to the ATL!

zomg guys! your show is coming soon!! :awesome:

ZOMG indeed!!!!!! I'm just sad that it will be over soon. I have other shows lined up to lessen the PCD but I don't think it will work. Ah well! No use getting upset about it ending before it even begins!

ZOMG indeed!!!!!! I'm just sad that it will be over soon. I have other shows lined up to lessen the PCD but I don't think it will work. Ah well! No use getting upset about it ending before it even begins!

I'm a little worried about the PCD. I don't have anything lined up. Well...the Kings Singers in november, but that's pretty different. :D

I'm a little worried about the PCD. I don't have anything lined up. Well...the Kings Singers in november, but that's pretty different. :D

I'm going to see Dinosaur Jr. on 10/17. It'll be fun, but I'm mostly going because hubby wants to. Originally I was the one into them, in the early 90s, but now he likes them more than me. They're certainly not Muse! I think the only future gig that I'll be as excited about is Muse in spring 2010! :D It's not far off, really.

I'm going to see Dinosaur Jr. on 10/17. It'll be fun, but I'm mostly going because hubby wants to. Originally I was the one into them, in the early 90s, but now he likes them more than me. They're certainly not Muse! I think the only future gig that I'll be as excited about is Muse in spring 2010! :D It's not far off, really.

I didn't know Dinosaur Jr was gonna be around here! That should be really fun! I'm going to a bunch of small shows but nothing I'm really anxiously waiting for like this!

I absolutely cannot wait for them to announce tour dates! If they play Atl and somewhere in NC or SC I'm gonna try to go to both. There goes all my money... But I have nothing else to do with it! Thank you scholarship- now I can waste all my money instead of paying for school!

Archived