Atlanta U2 support

chapel

Okay. Everyone else has one so who's going to the U2 concert in Atlanta?

MEEEEEEE!!! GA on the floor!!! I'm so skipping classes that day and getting down there very early to get seats.

ps. I did a search and didn't see this thread already started and if it is I am sooooooooooo sorry!

• 1 month later...

Just in case anyone hasn't seen this, here's a blueprint from U2's website that shows the stage layout for GA Dome. http://360.u2.com/images/largevenues/lg_atlanta.jpg

I feel pretty good now about my cheap seats that are behind the stage because of the layout. I hope Muse plays longer than 30 minutes! I will try to get excited about U2, I guess. Used to be a huge fan, but they lost me after Joshua Tree really. Saw 'em in '85 and '87.

(I only just spotted this thread. )

YES, I'll be there, on the floor.

I haven't yet started fretting over how early to get there to queue up for the rush to the barrier. I'm hoping it'll only be us Musers concerned about that, am counting on the yuppie U2 fans to be above such things. :LOL:

• 2 months later...

I will be there. Leaving Monday afternoon from Tuscaloosa. Plan on sitting outside GA dome all night. Have they said how they are doing the barrier yet? I have heard first come first serve and do it by your floor section(My tickets are Floor 2 so I guess that means everyone with floor 2 would get in the barrier).

I will be there. Leaving Monday afternoon from Tuscaloosa. Plan on sitting outside GA dome all night. Have they said how they are doing the barrier yet? I have heard first come first serve and do it by your floor section(My tickets are Floor 2 so I guess that means everyone with floor 2 would get in the barrier).

Dude, I have a feeling you'll get messed with if you're just loitering around the dome all night and all the next day. It's not exactly a safe area. I doubt there will be a big party of people that early waiting to get in for Gen. Adm. Can't you drive up Tuesday?

I hear that they won't allow you to line up till 9am Tuesday. But I'm getting a hotel the night before just so that I can line up early. But being there all night will make you exhausted the night of the show and since it's Atlanta its not even safe to stay out all night.

We are driving down Monday regardless to see some friends that live in ATL. If we can't sit outside then i guess we will get there early tuesday morning. I'm not worried about getting mugged or anything like that. If I don't get mugged in Memphis sitting outside the Forum, I will be okay in Atlanta.

• 4 weeks later...

34 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So is anyone else on here a little jealous about all the muselive meet ups for the Den gigs this weekend?

I have 3 midterms the day after the concert.......I will NOT let my university interfere with MUSE....lmao

• 2 weeks later...

I heard this news (U2 in ATL with MUSE) just a few days ago, and I am so excited now. I can't forget the MUSE concert held in Korea two years ago!! It was just amazing!! And this time, surprisingly, it just takes 5 minutes from my house to the venue. Incredible!! One sad thing is that I was not able to get a floor ticket at this time. :eek:

Hi all. Newbie here. I've got floor tickets, too. I have a regular sort of life outside of my Muse addiction (married, kids, etc.), so I doubt I'll get downtown early. So, I'll be just another sardine in the middle. I can't wait for the show, and meet some other Muse fans. Are y'all wearing Muse shirts? The only Muse shirt I have is way too tight (if you're a skinny girl, and want a free shirt, lmk! lol)

Hi all. Newbie here. I've got floor tickets, too. I have a regular sort of life outside of my Muse addiction (married, kids, etc.), so I doubt I'll get downtown early. So, I'll be just another sardine in the middle. I can't wait for the show, and meet some other Muse fans. Are y'all wearing Muse shirts? The only Muse shirt I have is way too tight (if you're a skinny girl, and want a free shirt, lmk! lol)

Hi, I'm also a Muse addict who's married with kids! :) I'll be at the show wearing my Muse shirt. Our seats are in section 309 I think, waaaay in the back. I'll be the Muse fan with binoculars surrounded by a sea of U2 fans, most likely. :LOL:

I'm definitely wearing one of my Muse shirts - the most obvious one that I have. ;D.

Unfortunately, I wasn't sure I could go until all the floor spots were sold - so I'm in the balcony. hah. but I really don't care. But yes. I like U2, but I wouldn't be paying all that money unless Muse was there - that's the only reason I'm going.

And I don't remember who said it, but I like the whole thought process of 'U2 is closing for Muse' thing. hahaha. Totally sticking with that. xDD.

Also - this is my first concert... ever. SO. Will there be like a stand/booth/area/thing where I can buy Muse stuff? Since their the opening/supporting act - I'm not sure how that works. And if there would be/could be - what would they be selling and when (in regards to before/after concert)?

Very early, I showed at 1pm and got in the circle. But you'll definitely love the experience, U2 fans are amazing!

They really are. I'm a U2 fan myself but not hardcore but since I had to join their fan club to get good tickets I've been on their board a few times and they're all very nice. I'm really looking forward to the line and meeting new people. I'm really just as excited about seeing U2 as I am Muse so this night is going to be amazing!

Archived