Atlanta U2 support

chapel

Yeah, I know what you mean about when the hubby can get home. Mine just had an interview, (he's currently working a contract job), and if he gets a good offer, we talked about making a night of it--hotel room and such. We'll see! Otherwise, we'll just have to go after he gets off work.

Hey, can you tell me about sizing for shirts? The shirt I bought was a medium from the girls section. Way too small. So, I figure maybe I should just get a regular shirt. But don't know about sizing. Or maybe an XL in a girl shirt? Any ideas? These sizes make me feel all fat, and I'm totally not. :mad:

Thanks for parking info.

I don't think I can be much help about sizing! Apparently there is NO consistency. Check this thread for discussion (or complaining, lol!) about the shirt sizes. http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=65103. My shirt is the Muse Flux one that I just bought from some random website. It's a medium (unisex, I think), and I'm about 5'5" 125 lb and small chested. It fits me perfectly. I'm not sure it's even an official shirt, though, so I don't know how the size compares to the ones on muse.mu. Good luck! :)

northern TN area. it's not quite 6/7 hours straight. but with stops and such... lol. Yeah, it'll be a long drive though - I don't care though x). Muse are worth it.... Although I can hardly handle the excitement... I'm barely thinking about anything except the concert!!

Hiya, fellow Tennessean. I'm coming from middle TN, myself. Nine more days! :musesign:

So, I asked my husband if he was going to be jumping/dancing during the Muse portion of the show. He said no, that he would be doing something like this: :stunned:

So, if you see a blonde woman jumping around in the pit with a blonde man looking like he's too lame to jump...that's us. Sigh.

So, I asked my husband if he was going to be jumping/dancing during the Muse portion of the show. He said no, that he would be doing something like this: :stunned:

So, if you see a blonde woman jumping around in the pit with a blonde man looking like he's too lame to jump...that's us. Sigh.

Same deal here! I should switch tickets with your hubby, lol. Let him sit up in the nosebleeds with my hubby who'll be sitting there like a stick in the mud. I keep saying I should leave him at home. I really should.

One week!!! Squeee! :D

Yeah, I know what you mean about when the hubby can get home. Mine just had an interview, (he's currently working a contract job), and if he gets a good offer, we talked about making a night of it--hotel room and such. We'll see! Otherwise, we'll just have to go after he gets off work.

Hey, can you tell me about sizing for shirts? The shirt I bought was a medium from the girls section. Way too small. So, I figure maybe I should just get a regular shirt. But don't know about sizing. Or maybe an XL in a girl shirt? Any ideas? These sizes make me feel all fat, and I'm totally not. :mad:

Thanks for parking info.

About sizing:

I'm not skinny, but i'm not fat either lol. xD. I have an extra large in the girls tshirts. As for the mens - I have the SMBH shirt and it's a medium and it fits fine. I'd rather have a small, to be honest? but. I ordered online so I figured better be safe than sorry.

So, I'd say XL in Women's and M in Men's. :].

When do the gates open? (I'm sure I should know this already...but I don't)

p.s. I'm making a little Muse sign to wave sporadically (is that too lame?). I felt bad for them seeing the videos of Giants Stadium...the crowd seemed so un-enthused...I want to show some Muse-love!!!

When do the gates open? (I'm sure I should know this already...but I don't)

p.s. I'm making a little Muse sign to wave sporadically (is that too lame?). I felt bad for them seeing the videos of Giants Stadium...the crowd seemed so un-enthused...I want to show some Muse-love!!!

No, that's not lame! Well, actually I guess it depends on how shy you are about making an ass of yourself, :LOL: since you're bound to be mocked and stared at, if the reports from other Muse fans are correct. I was thinking about bringing a banner so I could roll it up and it wouldn't be cumbersome, but I think my hubby might disown me. But I've already decided I'm ditching him in our nosebleed seats and going on the prowl for a better area since apparently the Dome will be mostly empty during Muse's set. Where are your seats? I'm in 309 behind the stage.

Musemom, you always keep this thread going. :)

But I'm beyond stoked!! I'm GA so I plan on getting as close to the stage as possible. No idea what time I'll line up but no later than 12 I'm hoping. Sorry you'll be so far away!! But it's far closer than if you weren't at the show at all :D

Ps. I don't have any muse shirts and I'm gonna try and stay low key about my love for Muse till they come out. I mean I'll admit to being a huge fan but I don't want to annoy anyone by overdoing it. I just too selfconscience to have all the U2 fans thinking I'm insane. :LOL: ... Not that we're insane... And I'm all for you wearing your shirt and having a sign. It's just I want to be on good terms with the people I'll be in line with all day

No, that's not lame! Well, actually I guess it depends on how shy you are about making an ass of yourself, since you're bound to be mocked and stared at, if the reports from other Muse fans are correct. I was thinking about bringing a banner so I could roll it up and it wouldn't be cumbersome, but I think my hubby might disown me. But I've already decided I'm ditching him in our nosebleed seats and going on the prowl for a better area since apparently the Dome will be mostly empty during Muse's set. Where are your seats? I'm in 309 behind the stage.

Wave your sign and banner with pride :D

BTW the boys noticed and appreciated the banner ocean5 made when she went to the Giants Stadium on 24/9 :happy:

Ps. I don't have any muse shirts and I'm gonna try and stay low key about my love for Muse till they come out. I mean I'll admit to being a huge fan but I don't want to annoy anyone by overdoing it. I just too selfconscience to have all the U2 fans thinking I'm insane. ... Not that we're insane... And I'm all for you wearing your shirt and having a sign. It's just I want to be on good terms with the people I'll be in line with all day

Why worry about what a bunch of strangers think? Surely they don't bite.:LOL:

Be brave.

I think the gates open at 5 or 5:30pm. That's about what time we're planning on getting there (although we have GA tix.)

I say go for it with your sign.

Did the gig in DC also have a mediocre showing (fan-wise) for Muse, like at Giants Stadium?

And thanks for the T-shirt help. I ordered a medium in men's. It's supposed to arrive today. Thank goodness for expedited shipping!

How many of you will be seeing Muse for your first time at this gig? I will. :) This is gonna be such a great preview for the real show next year!! I need those tour dates NOW!!!! :D

And how come we have the least amount of people going to this show?? All the other threads are huge and we're still a baby.

And Musemom. I'll be dancing and going crazy when they're on. But I'm not brave enough to go all out. Plus I'm almost as excited for U2.

How many of you will be seeing Muse for your first time at this gig? I will. :) This is gonna be such a great preview for the real show next year!! I need those tour dates NOW!!!! :D

And how come we have the least amount of people going to this show?? All the other threads are huge and we're still a baby.

And Musemom. I'll be dancing and going crazy when they're on. But I'm not brave enough to go all out. Plus I'm almost as excited for U2.

Hey, if you're a skinny chick, I've got a medium girly shirt--green, subtle, not overtly Muse-y. You can have it for free.

My first time seeing Muse and U2. So stoked!

Hey, if you're a skinny chick, I've got a medium girly shirt--green, subtle, not overtly Muse-y. You can have it for free.

My first time seeing Muse and U2. So stoked!

I would take it but it's babydoll style right? I've never liked wearing those. They feel weird in every way possible. But thanks anyway!

And I wish there was a better word than stoked because it just doesn't cut it!! It's all I care about right now!!!

And you guys need to be sure to be there a few hours early even if you're not in GA. I've been reading other threads of people who didn't get to see Muse due to traffic and I'd hate for that to happen to any of ya'll. Plus Atlanta has horrible wrecks getting into the city all the time and I've sat in traffic for 5+hours before. So just be safe and get there way before you need to! If you want you can come keep me company in line until my friends show up :D

No, that's not lame! Well, actually I guess it depends on how shy you are about making an ass of yourself, :LOL: since you're bound to be mocked and stared at, if the reports from other Muse fans are correct. I was thinking about bringing a banner so I could roll it up and it wouldn't be cumbersome, but I think my hubby might disown me. But I've already decided I'm ditching him in our nosebleed seats and going on the prowl for a better area since apparently the Dome will be mostly empty during Muse's set. Where are your seats? I'm in 309 behind the stage.

Thanks everyone! I'll be making my sign for sure then! (no problems making an ass of myself...it's one of my specialties!)

Musemom, I have GA tickets so I'll be dragging my husband as close to the front as I can get! I guess I'll be getting there around 5 or a little before. Have the arenas really been mostly empty during Muse's sets thus far?!?! That's sad...but maybe good for us GAs getting good spots! ;)

Also in answer to other questions, this is my first Muse gig and I'm thrilled!

And yes, it does seem bizarre that some of the other gigs have a much larger Muse contingent than ours...we'll just have to be extra supportive!

Thanks everyone! I'll be making my sign for sure then! (no problems making an ass of myself...it's one of my specialties!)

Musemom, I have GA tickets so I'll be dragging my husband as close to the front as I can get! I guess I'll be getting there around 5 or a little before. Have the arenas really been mostly empty during Muse's sets thus far?!?! That's sad...but maybe good for us GAs getting good spots! ;)

Also in answer to other questions, this is my first Muse gig and I'm thrilled!

And yes, it does seem bizarre that some of the other gigs have a much larger Muse contingent than ours...we'll just have to be extra supportive!

It's my first Muse gig, too! I do wonder why it seems like so few of folks on this board are going. I guess they really don't have a big audience here in the south. Hee Haw!

I read in one of the other threads that the band has 2 setlists, and which one they use depends on what time they start. On the one hand I want them to start on time so we might actually get 9 songs like they did at Giants, but in a way I want them to start a bit late so I can be certain I will be there in time.

Now y'all have got me worried about traffic! The earliest we can leave (due to babysitting and work issues) is 5:45. According to Google maps, it's 12 miles from me and takes 22 minutes, which is about what I was thinking. So let's say with traffic, it might take 30, plus 10 minutes for parking. We don't have to take the interstate, so I don't think there's any way we'd end up in a "trapped" situation. Worst case scenario, I can just get my hubby to drop me off close, and he can go park, but with a mostly empty stadium, I can't fathom that parking would be a problem that early. Am I crazy for not leaving earlier? I'd love to, but I would really have to impose on my neighbor and harass my husband.

Same deal here! I should switch tickets with your hubby, lol. Let him sit up in the nosebleeds with my hubby who'll be sitting there like a stick in the mud. I keep saying I should leave him at home. I really should.

One week!!! Squeee! :D

ill be getting up at the crack of dawn on tuesday to drive from Tuscaloosa and hopefully ill get somewhat close on the floor, cant wait!

I'm really excited for all you seeing Muse for the first time! You are going to be :eek::eek::eek::eek: for a good few days after!

I will NEVER forget how I was left feeling after my first Muse gig in 2003:stunned:

Make sure you all jump about like loonies and sod anyone who glares at you!:D:D

I have been to a Muse concert, but really have not been. I was at the concert with the busted mouth incident. Can't wait till next week.

Wow! Even though it's a legendary gig I wouldn't have wanted to be there. Hope you have a great incident free time!

Archived