Atlanta U2 support

chapel

I'm definitely wearing one of my Muse shirts - the most obvious one that I have. ;D.

Unfortunately, I wasn't sure I could go until all the floor spots were sold - so I'm in the balcony. hah. but I really don't care. But yes. I like U2, but I wouldn't be paying all that money unless Muse was there - that's the only reason I'm going.

And I don't remember who said it, but I like the whole thought process of 'U2 is closing for Muse' thing. hahaha. Totally sticking with that. xDD.

Also - this is my first concert... ever. SO. Will there be like a stand/booth/area/thing where I can buy Muse stuff? Since their the opening/supporting act - I'm not sure how that works. And if there would be/could be - what would they be selling and when (in regards to before/after concert)?

Sorry- double post. I'm doing this on my iPod and it's confusing.

But I wasn't sure I'd be able to go till less than a month ago but I figured I could always sell the tickets for face value. I didn't even have anyone to go with when I bought the tickets just figured I'd find someone who'd want to go (which I thank goodness did)

But yay! First concert! This is the perfect first show. Two amazing HUGE acts in one night.

As for merchandise usually it's all sold together but I've never been to a stadium gig so maybe it's different. But at every show I've been to the support act has merchandise.

It won't matter how far away you are (says the girl lining up at 9 for front row)

I've been in the absolute last row and it didn't matter at all. It's always a wonderful experience.

-- is it just me or do you guys get Post Concert Depression after huge gigs like this? I'm not looking forward to that since I'm sure it will hit extra hard this time. Good thing I have more concerts lined up- the only cure

Sorry- double post. I'm doing this on my iPod and it's confusing.

But I wasn't sure I'd be able to go till less than a month ago but I figured I could always sell the tickets for face value. I didn't even have anyone to go with when I bought the tickets just figured I'd find someone who'd want to go (which I thank goodness did)

But yay! First concert! This is the perfect first show. Two amazing HUGE acts in one night.

As for merchandise usually it's all sold together but I've never been to a stadium gig so maybe it's different. But at every show I've been to the support act has merchandise.

It won't matter how far away you are (says the girl lining up at 9 for front row)

I've been in the absolute last row and it didn't matter at all. It's always a wonderful experience.

-- is it just me or do you guys get Post Concert Depression after huge gigs like this? I'm not looking forward to that since I'm sure it will hit extra hard this time. Good thing I have more concerts lined up- the only cure

haha, thanks so much for responding to my post. xD. and i agree - it should be an amazing first show x). i'm unhealthily excited. haha.

about the merchendise... i honestly could probably easily spend a ton of money on it... how much does stuff go for at concerts? and what kind of stuff would they even have for supporting acts... i would make the assumption that u2 would have more stuff, but i have to get SOMETHING muse from it X).

well, of course it would be BETTER to be up front, but, i didn't have much of a choice :[. BUT, when Muse come back next year to do their OWN shows - then THAT's when i'm going to be going REALLY insane and camping out to be right up front. hahaha. Plus the company I'm going with is going for U2... and they wouldn't be up for doing that. xDD.

I'm sure I will!!! haha. This is going to be the best day of my life thus far, I'm for sure going to be all depressed afterwards. I'll be on a total natural high all before and during and shortly after. But then once I'm on my long drive back home... I'm going to be so depressed I know it. xD.

about the merchendise... i honestly could probably easily spend a ton of money on it... how much does stuff go for at concerts? and what kind of stuff would they even have for supporting acts... i would make the assumption that u2 would have more stuff, but i have to get SOMETHING muse from it X).

well, of course it would be BETTER to be up front, but, i didn't have much of a choice :[. BUT, when Muse come back next year to do their OWN shows - then THAT's when i'm going to be going REALLY insane and camping out to be right up front. hahaha. Plus the company I'm going with is going for U2... and they wouldn't be up for doing that. xDD.

I'm sure I will!!! haha. This is going to be the best day of my life thus far, I'm for sure going to be all depressed afterwards. I'll be on a total natural high all before and during and shortly after. But then once I'm on my long drive back home... I'm going to be so depressed I know it. xD.

The last two shows I went to were completely different experiences as far as support merchandise. At one show all the shirts were going for at least $40 and they had tees for all the bands but mostly just the main act. The other show was $20 at the most for shirts and not only did they have an equal amount of shirts for each band but they had albums, stickers, posters, pins and all sorts of weird stuff for each act. So it really depends. Since this is U2 the $40 range is more likely and they'll probably hog the merchandise -love 'em but they don't like to share the spotlight. On the MCR tour Muse had their own tour shirts with all the dates they were opening on them (they looked really good) so hopefully they'll have something like that and I bet it will be a lot cheaper than U2s stuff.

As for PCD there is only one cure that I mentioned above: you have to go to more shows! My favorite prescription :)

Btw are you from Georgia or out of state?

I looked at the U2 site yesterday, and their concert shirts were around $30. (I also joined their site to get good tix!) So, I figure it'll be that much for Muse shirts, too. I love U2, so I'm totally stoked about this show. I hope Muse has some good shirts for this tour. The shirt selection in the US shop is sad. I bought a cool green one with a shield on it, but it's a medium. I may have to squeeze into it for the concert. So, if you see a Muse fan in a too tight green shirt, it' s me!

The last two shows I went to were completely different experiences as far as support merchandise. At one show all the shirts were going for at least $40 and they had tees for all the bands but mostly just the main act. The other show was $20 at the most for shirts and not only did they have an equal amount of shirts for each band but they had albums, stickers, posters, pins and all sorts of weird stuff for each act. So it really depends. Since this is U2 the $40 range is more likely and they'll probably hog the merchandise -love 'em but they don't like to share the spotlight. On the MCR tour Muse had their own tour shirts with all the dates they were opening on them (they looked really good) so hopefully they'll have something like that and I bet it will be a lot cheaper than U2s stuff.

As for PCD there is only one cure that I mentioned above: you have to go to more shows! My favorite prescription :)

Btw are you from Georgia or out of state?

Jesus.... Muse takes all my damn money. Hahah. I don't even care though xDD. And yeah - U2 is really good, but they seem a little self-centered? Don't take that the wrong way though. xDD. Self-centered if probably the wrong word - but I get the idea that they like their attention...

LOL! Yeah, This will definitely NOT be my last Muse show. I plan on being one of those that travels manymanymany miles to see them xD. Maybe even overseas :x xDD.

Not from Georgia lol. So I'll have a LONG time to reminisce about the concert. xD.

Jesus.... Muse takes all my damn money. Hahah. I don't even care though xDD. And yeah - U2 is really good, but they seem a little self-centered? Don't take that the wrong way though. xDD. Self-centered if probably the wrong word - but I get the idea that they like their attention...

LOL! Yeah, This will definitely NOT be my last Muse show. I plan on being one of those that travels manymanymany miles to see them xD. Maybe even overseas :x xDD.

Not from Georgia lol. So I'll have a LONG time to reminisce about the concert. xD.

About the money: I know! When their North American tour next year is announced I'm gonna have to ask my parents for a early birthday/Christmas present to afford it! Which they probably won't give me unless it's close to December so I really hope they put off announcing that tour/selling tickets till late November. Otherwise I'll be broke!

Yay for multiple Muse gigs next year! Maybe I'll see you at one if you see 'em in Atl (I'll def be there)

If your not from Georgia what state are you coming from? And props for the long drive! I only have 2 and a half hours (maybe 3 at the most since I hate driving in Atl and get lost all the time)

About the money: I know! When their North American tour next year is announced I'm gonna have to ask my parents for a early birthday/Christmas present to afford it! Which they probably won't give me unless it's close to December so I really hope they put off announcing that tour/selling tickets till late November. Otherwise I'll be broke!

Yay for multiple Muse gigs next year! Maybe I'll see you at one if you see 'em in Atl (I'll def be there)

If your not from Georgia what state are you coming from? And props for the long drive! I only have 2 and a half hours (maybe 3 at the most since I hate driving in Atl and get lost all the time)

I know!!! haha. I was hoping it would be Spring before they come, but who knows. I'm broke now... I'm just in debt because of Muse XDD.

WOOT WOOT! ahhaha.

northern TN area. it's not quite 6/7 hours straight. but with stops and such... lol. Yeah, it'll be a long drive though - I don't care though x). Muse are worth it.... Although I can hardly handle the excitement... I'm barely thinking about anything except the concert!!

6-7 hours! That's dedication!! I'm taking midterms early but that's as far as my dedication goes.

haha, yeah i'm having to do school work early before i leave and during the drive down and back up - so i won't miss any of that oh-so-fun stuff (sarcasm hahah) but that's not as bad as having to take midterms early. that sucks!! i like road trips though, so... that's what it kind of is being turned into haha. Muse are worth it though.... Muse are worth anything. xD.

Though I'm going to the ATL show, I do have tickets for Raleigh (friends wanted to go but weren't willing to give up school/work for a mid-week show---gah, responsible people :)). I do, however, want to say "hey" to you local Musers and wish you a great show! Take care of Matt this time, okay? ;)

ew, responsibility. bahah. jk. although i can be one of those people - i will put aside anything for Muse. :].

Ha -- I will keep you in mind if the friends cry "responsibility" and refuse to get in line early for the next Muse show. Musers unite!!

Nothing should ever come between a true Muse fan and a concert/show. NEVER. I don't care if it will be deemed irresponsible or stupid... what I'm doing for this show, everyone thinks I'm absolutely insane and ridiculously dumb.... I couldn't care any less. :D.

I'm trying to get a wedding ceremony planned before the show...IN the stadium if possible, between gates opening and lights going down. That way we'll be able to say we had...how many tens of thousands of wedding guests? I suppose if we manage to pull it off then everyone there would technically be "invited" and I won't have to worry about a formal guest list!

:))

I'm really going to need to call together some other fans to pull this one off....

So, I've heard that at the NY shows shirts were $40 and hoodies were $75. I had planned on buying a new shirt there, but now I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and get one ahead of time. I really want to wear a Muse shirt to show my support. And the one shirt I have is embarassingly tight. Are y'all planning on getting a shirt there, in spite of the price?

So, I've heard that at the NY shows shirts were $40 and hoodies were $75. I had planned on buying a new shirt there, but now I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and get one ahead of time. I really want to wear a Muse shirt to show my support. And the one shirt I have is embarassingly tight. Are y'all planning on getting a shirt there, in spite of the price?

I have a shirt I'm planning on wearing to the show. There's no way am I paying $40 for a shirt! But I might get the purple tote bag for $20. :D I hear things sell out fast, so act accordingly.

I hear things sell out fast, so act accordingly

Ahh...good to know. I've been thinking about getting that SMBH shirt with "You set my sould alight" shirt. Cool shirt, but subtle. Then again maybe I should get the one with bright pink Muse logo to shout out that I'm a fan!

What time do you think y'all will show? We probably won't get down there until the gates open. So around 5:30. I'd love to be up close for Muse, and whatever for U2. I like U2, so we'll definitely stay.

And where do you park?!

Ahh...good to know. I've been thinking about getting that SMBH shirt with "You set my sould alight" shirt. Cool shirt, but subtle. Then again maybe I should get the one with bright pink Muse logo to shout out that I'm a fan!

What time do you think y'all will show? We probably won't get down there until the gates open. So around 5:30. I'd love to be up close for Muse, and whatever for U2. I like U2, so we'll definitely stay.

And where do you park?!

I've been starting to worry about when to show up. We're only about 20-25 minutes away, so I was planning on leaving about 5:45. We're not GA, so I don't have to worry about getting early for a good spot. If it were up to me, I'd go earlier, but I don't know if hubby can get home from work earlier. If he's not ready to go by 5:45, I'm leaving without him! Also, my neighbor is babysitting for free, so I don't feel like I can leave much earlier. I'm also hoping Muse will start a few minutes past 7.

Hopefully we'll be able to just park in the Dome lot. I'm assuming there will be spaces, since it looks like alot of the Dome is still empty during Muse's set! I guess I was planning on going down North Ave., all the way to Northside Drive, then turning left. The lot is right there on the left. We will probably leave before U2 finishes so we can relieve the babysitter by 11 or so.

Yeah, I know what you mean about when the hubby can get home. Mine just had an interview, (he's currently working a contract job), and if he gets a good offer, we talked about making a night of it--hotel room and such. We'll see! Otherwise, we'll just have to go after he gets off work.

Hey, can you tell me about sizing for shirts? The shirt I bought was a medium from the girls section. Way too small. So, I figure maybe I should just get a regular shirt. But don't know about sizing. Or maybe an XL in a girl shirt? Any ideas? These sizes make me feel all fat, and I'm totally not. :mad:

Thanks for parking info.

Archived