Thank you, Muse, thank you

gocanux

i don't think i ate the day leading up to the first show i was to see muse at. i was so excited. i mean, most other bands i like i have been able to see, but being in the states, it's harder when they are uk bands. i can't explain the feeling that i had when i saw them. i felt like so relieved to finally be there and experience it. i was so anxious to see them, that i didn't know if i wanted to scream with excitement or (insert cheesy part) cry, it was pretty powerful... i turned into an idiot when i got the chance to say thank you, they just are nothing you would expect, but in the best possible way. i met some excellent people at the show as well. all the fans are just as nice as the guys. it was probably the greatest night of my life, and i'm sure it will stay that way for a long while....

Ness, you must see them live! Orders of magnitude beyond their CD's, which are of course amazing.

I know! I keep kicking myself for not finding some crazy way to get to their Auckland concert when they were here in September...next time eh! Watching live stuff is awesome, i can't wait :D

No worries, Manuella. How can anyone object to someone thanking Muse??

For the rest of you, this was Ocean5's 1st foray onto the message boards, and she didn't know about not starting duplicate thread topics.

I'll get those photos on here tomorrow, Jodi. I am a computer idiot (no time to learn all these newfangled technologies!) and need help moving photos from one place to another.

With your help I think I got the hang of "posting". Thanks gocanux (did I just figure it out - a hockey fan?) Don't feel bad I wouldn't know how to post my pics either. Everyone seems to be pretty helpful in here though. Good luck

hi gocanux...out of curiosity...did they play Newborn that nite?

i wasnt sure if it was gonna be on their set list for almost acoustic so i e-mailed Kevin and Bean to ask them during their visit to the KROQ studio last thursday. i was begging and pleaing them to squeeze it in...i've been a fan for only a couple years and KROQ listeners needed to be rocked out to Newborn. ...Bean replied back saying he passed my message to them and they said 'they'll try' ...regardless if they were going to play it or not...they were my highlight and in my oppinion MUSE stole the show of nite 1. :)

I found myself in a most unusual condition after Wednesday night's concert in LA: at a loss for words. The euphoria persists but sadly has faded a bit; but I will hold that feeling deep within and let it live on. What superlatives can describe that performance? Passion, energy, power; awesome, searing, intense. Some things just must be experienced to be understood. For the concert experience of a lifetime, I sincerely thank you.

On behalf of Kirk and Monique, thank you, Muse, for sharing ...

...After your concerts in London next week, I hope you can all take a little time off, rest awhile and nourish the body and spirit, and share time with friends and family, the people you love and who love you.

Thank you.

Always, your "Aunt Mary" in Tacoma, WA (aka The Lady of the Lake)

the only issue i seem to have been left with since the muse concert in philly is a odd habit of dancing around more and even singing along with the music in the supermarket!

i never did that before.

i've been branded. :LOL:

On the day after the Philly show, I got kicked out of Wegmans for soapbox-preaching of Muse's greatness in the frozen foods section.

I also bought a whole crapload of pretzels. :D

Yes, they played Newborn (see 1st page of Wiltern 12/8 and 12/9 threads for complete setlists) and I've had it in my head ever since. The live version is orders of magnitude above and beyond the one on the CD, which as we all know if fantastic.

I was chatting with my 1st patient today, who wasn't familiar with Muse but said her boyfriend had Absolution on his Christmas list. It amazes me how people here are either completely unaware of Muse or huge fans. So I told her to get him Origin of Symmetry (if she can find it; only at funky stores that sell imports around here. Why doesn't WB re-release it here??) which would be his best gift ever! And she promised to take him to their next Seattle-area concert, which hopefully will be soon! I feel like some kind of Muse evangelist. I know my sons are, and have converted their friends into rabid Muse fans--like there's anyother kind.

I totally agree that people should/must be more aware of Muse. I have been introducing my carpool gang to their music...well, they don't really have much chance of listening to anything else! And they keep asking to turn up the volume. Even my stepson in Toronto is now a fan as well and has sent me the DVD of their Glastonbury/04 concert which is absolutely awesome (haven't seen that available around here). And the word keeps spreading...

hi gocanux...out of curiosity...did they play Newborn that nite?

i wasnt sure if it was gonna be on their set list for almost acoustic so i e-mailed Kevin and Bean to ask them during their visit to the KROQ studio last thursday. i was begging and pleaing them to squeeze it in...i've been a fan for only a couple years and KROQ listeners needed to be rocked out to Newborn. ...Bean replied back saying he passed my message to them and they said 'they'll try' ...regardless if they were going to play it or not...they were my highlight and in my oppinion MUSE stole the show of nite 1. :)

They played Newborn on all 3 shows in Los Angeles

I totally agree that people should/must be more aware of Muse. I have been introducing my carpool gang to their music...well, they don't really have much chance of listening to anything else! And they keep asking to turn up the volume. Even my stepson in Toronto is now a fan as well and has sent me the DVD of their Glastonbury/04 concert which is absolutely awesome (haven't seen that available around here). And the word keeps spreading...

The Glasgow DVD is prett kickass. I got my copy from a user on here

Since everyone loves Newborn, including myself, I found this quote from Matt on that song:(hope it's real and if not, don't shoot the messanger)

"It's about a semi-fear of the evolution of technology, and how in reality it's destroying all humanity. My fear is that we can't control it because it's moving faster than we are, so the song's setting myself in a location in the future where the body is no longer important and everyone's plugged into a network. The opening line "link it to the world" is connecting yourself on a worldwide scale and being born into another reality".

I also like Butterflies and Hurricanes a lot, I love the way it builds up and

how it takes you into "opposites" of thought and music.

Please let me add an additional word of thanks to Matt for bringing my son Colin up to be in a group photo with the band. He was standing on his crutches (soccer injury) shyly in the back of the group of people talking to Muse before the concert on Wednesday, and Matt beckoned for him to come forward and have the photo. The pictures didn't come out too well, but the gesture is well remembered by my son; it made his day!

Yeah, I remember that. I think that is awesome. Made his brother a bit jealous even. ;)

Hahaha, ok. I'll have to try adding you in a bit or so. I tried just now and AIM told me my buddy list blew up or something. Or rather, I don't have access to it right now. :p

really? good! it booted me off a few minutes ago and i was like "oh no my computers been hittin the crack again", but it makes me happier to find that it was just AIM being an ass. it should be working now

Archived