Problems and confusion

maturefan

Interestingly, I canceled my pre-order quite a while ago, and JUST got the download codes for the earlier songs now. Like I really need those once the album is out.

Also got the link to Spotify, which is kind of shoddy to ask someone to go to a streaming service in the email confirmation of your having paid for the album already...

Also a bit nervous now, and need to go check my bank statements to make sure they didn't charge me...

typical warner.

i paid them $110+ almost 2.5 months ago for items to arrive likely multiple weeks after release date (because they'll ship everything via USPS media mail).

'We make every effort to ship pre-order products to arrive at US addresses on or before street date, but cannot guarantee a delivery date.'

apparently not. order hasn't even shipped yet.

Same here. I preordered the Deluxe CD (mainly to get the early ticket access codes) and my status is not even shipped yet. I think it's pretty lame to not even have your preorders shipped to be received on the release date. I didn't have to order from the store. I could have gone to my local store and be listening to my music right now.

Couple of my friends ordered the regular CD so they could get the pre-sale codes. Their orders were both processed for shipping the day before release, and look like they'll arrive sometime next week.

That's honestly SUPER shitty to tie something as important to people as concert tickets to buying the CD direct and then not being able to deliver that CD anywhere near release date. Especially when the shipping costs half as much as the CD does.

Couple of my friends ordered the regular CD so they could get the pre-sale codes. Their orders were both processed for shipping the day before release, and look like they'll arrive sometime next week.

That's honestly SUPER shitty to tie something as important to people as concert tickets to buying the CD direct and then not being able to deliver that CD anywhere near release date. Especially when the shipping costs half as much as the CD does.

I received my code late yesterday but I had contacted Warner and they sent it to me also. Could your friends not have done that? They can still use the code from the members' area for teh afternoon sale. I agree, it's shitty.:mad:

The same happened to me...

I bought the Deluxe CD version in pre-sale on the 3rd of September and didn´t receive it on the release date. I thought that it was due to the holiday in my city, Madrid (Spain), and that I was receiving it on next monday, 12th (yesterday), but It never happened and as I see is a general problem.

I even don´t know wether the courier in charge of delivering it to me is nor a tracking number.

I´ve tried to contact in many ways but couldn´t get any answer.

:mad::mad:

I received my code late yesterday but I had contacted Warner and they sent it to me also. Could your friends not have done that? They can still use the code from the members' area for teh afternoon sale. I agree, it's shitty.:mad:

They still don't have their CDs. They were expecting to get codes for the presale, but neither got those, either.

Yes, they contacted customer support, but by the time they responded (to only one of them) it was rather too late for the pre-sale.

This whole thing seems like it was shoddy.

I'm sorry to hear that - sadly we don't have any influence on this process as mods other than passing on that addresses aren't working and figuring out whom to contact through what channels. Please do use the shop contact form again if your CD still hasn't arrived next week.

I think the point is more that people overpaid for a CD they didn't really want (since buying digital is way more convenient) for presale codes they didn't get. :(

i don't give a rat's ass about presale codes being tied to preorders.

i want the physical releases i ordered (as i've mentioned -- here or elsewhere [can't recall]), five minutes after the site went live) to arrive on/about release date.

so far, nothing in my order has shipped -- and that means i will receive my preorder (maybe) a few weeks after release date.

totally unacceptable, especially after multiple inquires to 'customer support' inquiring about status of shipment...yet no response whatsoever to any of my direct inquiries.

i don't give a rat's ass about presale codes being tied to preorders.

i want the physical releases i ordered (as i've mentioned -- here or elsewhere [can't recall]), five minutes after the site went live) to arrive on/about release date.

so far, nothing in my order has shipped -- and that means i will receive my preorder (maybe) a few weeks after release date.

totally unacceptable, especially after multiple inquires to 'customer support' inquiring about status of shipment...yet no response whatsoever to any of my direct inquiries.

I’ve contacted customer service. They responded asking for my order number and details. I sent what they asked for. Got a response from the Grateful Dead website saying my DVD will be shipped soon. WHAT!? I emailed customer support again and got a different person with the same response as the first. Very frustrating.

I’ve contacted customer service. They responded asking for my order number and details. I sent what they asked for. Got a response from the Grateful Dead website saying my DVD will be shipped soon. WHAT!? I emailed customer support again and got a different person with the same response as the first. Very frustrating.

day 7 -- nothing. three e-mails, two batch / blast responses, with language inside saying something to the effect of 'reply to this e-mail for priority assistance.'

two replies; no response.

and no shipment. people in the US have gotten all the different types of media, too -- the vinyl, the super deluxe boxset, the deluxe cd, the cassette, the standard CD (all of which i ordered)...so it makes no sense...especially in light of the fact that some of those people placed orders on release day (friday) and got their order delivered by monday!

i guess one has to pay the price for placing an order in august.

@frutiger75 did you perhaps pay with PayPal? you can perhaps escalate an issue there with the buyer protection, see if their asses move faster there.

i did. but if i file a claim there, i fear they'll cancel my order entirely.

yet maybe that's what i just ought to do and place a whole new order.

well, i'll be damed. just got a response:

Thank you for contacting us.

The shipment of your order has been delayed. We have been advised that stock is anticipated to arrive sometime during the week of 11/26.

Once the stock arrives at our warehouse, orders will start shipping out right away.

Unfortunately, we have no further information available at this time, however you will be notified as soon as your order ships.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Muse US Store Support

----

yet people order the same items a few days before release, get them a couple days later, and i order mine minutes after the store went live in august and get the shaft.

c'est la vie.

It's more likely that they either lost the order or misshipped and didn't want to fess up to it, so they'll make it seem like they just had oh so many orders that they can't fulfill them.

Not that overselling a CD that people want on or near release date would be any better.

One of my friends STILL doesn't have their regular CD, and neither of them ever heard back about the presale code issue. :rolleyes:

US pre-sale codes might not be a big deal to a lot of people, but pretty damn important when you're trying to get seats instead of GA.