Problems and confusion

maturefan

Maybe they are by accident fulfilling orders by newest order, not by oldest. :chuckle:

no accident. purely intentional. they want to get as many of the easiest orders out as fast as they can, regardless of when the order was placed. ...which, of course, is total bullshit.

i was told my entire order is being delayed by the cassette. they didn't make enough.

they fulfilled all the single orders of the cassette, and when it came time to fulfill the big pre-orders, they were out of stock.

i was told by warner that they put in a request to the manufacturer to make a few more, but warner that i may or may not have that item ultimately cancelled from my order. must be working with a wonky manufacturer...

insanity.

I'm so sorry to hear this all people - I've passed a request for somebody to read and reply to your messages here, but I cannot make any promises from our side, not even about that, as we're not related to the shop. I hope your orders get in all right.

really, for me, in the event that my preorder is canceled for whatever reason, the issue is avoiding having to pay "flipper" prices for the two D2C items -- the cassette and the super deluxe boxset on eBay/Discogs/wherever. or having to pay an ungodly amount for postage to have them imported.

i can pick up the std. vinyl and deluxe CD anywhere.

strangely, no super deluxe boxsets are available on the secondary market from any seller in the states. i find that...interesting.

i also find it interesting that some record stores in the EU got copies of the super deluxe boxset sent to them...yet, as best as i can tell, it wasn't sent to any record store in the states.

the world works in mysterious ways.

may i vent once more? thanks.

yesterday, strangely, on a stateside holiday, i get a shipment notification email w/ an subject heading of: "Your Order Is On The Way."

and then i come to find out, that, no, not my entire order -- just everything sans the cassette (which is on "Backorder").

the cassette was "In Stock" for months after my pre-order. most of those orders were fulfilled. yet my order, placed mere hours after the store goes live in bloody august, gets effed up.

that's not how pre-orders work. one pre-orders something to get his/her ass in line --for whatever the hell the "thing" might be -- ahead of subsequent purchasers.

ultimately, i'll never open the cassette. i have no use for it. i admit, it's a case of frivolous spending. but the principle of the matter is what's at issue here.

Place your bets if replacement arrives damaged or not! I got delivery notification (same low tier courier) in my e-mail this morning, but no call from them, while the site said they couldn't deliver it because there is a door lock. Sure enough, there was no phone number attached to the shipment by Warner. My god. :facepalm:

I got the replacement. It does not have the same issue, but it is not 100% perfect condition either. Instead of vinyl holder holes on the inside side-ways, there is some color/paper tear on the outside of vinyl holders (sides), but not enough to have a hole. It seems kind of inevitable that there will be some minor things every time unless it's different packaging and delivered with some express shipping, because I am certain if it spend one more time in shipping there would have been more damage. Either way, I am leaving this settled, the box set is much better condition than the one I returned.