Hullabaloo? Is it the worst Muse album?

Boombleeb

Is it the worst album?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Is it the worst album?

• Yes
    • No

Yeah it's been discussed here quite a bit through the years but honestly, I don't think they could put together enough songs for an album.

Crying Shame, Easily, Glorious, Eternally Missed, The Groove, Fury, what then? covers like Popcorn, Prague and possibly recordings of Sign o The Times and Lies?

Or maybe Man of Mystery? And then the Hidden Song and finally Who Knows Who :LOL: What an album.

Yeah it's been discussed here quite a bit through the years but honestly, I don't think they could put together enough songs for an album.

Crying Shame, Easily, Glorious, Eternally Missed, The Groove, Fury, what then? covers like Popcorn, Prague and possibly recordings of Sign o The Times and Lies?

Or maybe Man of Mystery? And then the Hidden Song and finally Who Knows Who :LOL: What an album.

What if they're keeping tapes or files in a vault or in a digital archive, which existance has never been disclosed, just to release never-heard-of gems in eventual re-issues of their historical albums, like many famous bands love to do?

What if they're keeping tapes or files in a vault or in a digital archive, which existance has never been disclosed, just to release never-heard-of gems in eventual re-issues of their historical albums, like many famous bands love to do?

I'd love that to happen but I doubt it ever will. The closest we'd get to that happening IMO is that they'd include a couple of old, unheard tracks on a new album (like Radiohead tend to do but with songs previously played live)

Considering the quality of their A-sides, I'm not sure I wanna hear what they've got hidden away.

I think a lower quality of those hypothetical hidden tracks shouldn't be taken for guaranteed.

Many times artists tend to leave more "experimental" and less mass-appealing songs out of albums. An example of this is Klaxons with the EP Landmarks Of Lunacy, which contained outtakes of Surfing The Void.

I think a lower quality of those hypothetical hidden tracks shouldn't be taken for guaranteed.

Many times artists tend to leave more "experimental" and less mass-appealing songs out of albums. An example of this is Klaxons with the EP Landmarks Of Lunacy, which contained outtakes of Surfing The Void.

You do realise they were made to redo that album because the label rejected it? A similar thing happened with OOS in the USA, which meant it wasn't released there for years.

You do realise they were made to redo that album because the label rejected it? A similar thing happened with OOS in the USA, which meant it wasn't released there for years.

Yes, I remember it. And, as I've said, they released the outtakes they actually had.

If anything, it's an infamous example of how some labels reject non-commercial sounding or experimentally daring albums.

Yes, I remember it. And, as I've said, they released the outtakes they actually had.

If anything, it's an infamous example of how some labels reject non-commercial sounding or experimentally daring albums.

They ended their deal with Polydor, as well as self-releasing that EP.

If a band is coming up with music outside of their remit and believe in that material, it can destroy deals, which is what happened with Klaxons and Muse with Maverick.

Considering Muse seem to have a decent relationship with Warner, you can't conclude that they are not releasing more challenging material just to please their label.

They ended their deal with Polydor, as well as self-releasing that EP.

If a band is coming up with music outside of their remit and believe in that material, it can destroy deals, which is what happened with Klaxons and Muse with Maverick.

Considering Muse seem to have a decent relationship with Warner, you can't conclude that they are not releasing more challenging material just to please their label.

Well, you know, I've always believed Warner still allows them absolute creative freedom, but sometimes I can't help but thinking if there might be more obscure material derived from their latest recording sessions, the T2L ones in particular (when they claimed they wrote a plenty of songs before going back into studio).

I would be very disappointed if they'll confirm they've destroyed all of those probably existing tracks...

Soaked as well.

Well, the original composer was Matt, but they sold the rights to Adam Lambert...

I don't know how they could put it out.

I'm well aware of the history of the song, that's why I'm unsure...

Why would they even do that!?

Do you remember when Matt negatively twitted in response to a follower's question about the existance of B-sides for Drones? Well, that's where my worries about the issue come from.

More precisely, they claimed they had left some tracks out of the album, but they were not planning to release them. Where might those tracks have ended up to?

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

Do you remember when Matt negatively twitted in response to a follower's question about the existance of B-sides for Drones? Well, that's where my worries about the issue come from.

More precisely, they claimed they had left some tracks out of the album, but they were not planning to release them. Where might those tracks have ended up to?

this one? Because he didnt confirm the existence of b-sides in that one at least.

Doesn't Dom tend to hoard demos and unreleased stuff, or is that just for things from the early days (pre-Showbiz)?

Either way, I doubt they'd actively erase anything that doesn't get released. Soaked popping up years after it was actually recorded probably suggests that the unreleased stuff is kept somewhere.

Thanks, that's it!

Yes, here he doesn't confirm any b-side ready, but I remember I've read somewhere that thing about a pair of songs discarded from Drones.

Unfortunately I don't remember precisely where...

He's making the point that there's no such thing as "B-sides" any more. That's all, as physical releases for singles are less common, the point of B-sides is redundant these days.

A couple of songs being "discarded" can mean all sorts of things. But it doesn't mean literally deleted.

He's making the point that there's no such thing as "B-sides" any more. That's all, as physical releases for singles are less common, the point of B-sides is redundant these days.

A couple of songs being "discarded" can mean all sorts of things. But it doesn't mean literally deleted.

Maybe I did look too much into it.

It's just a pity to me they aren't releasing b-sides anymore and perhaps I'd just like to discover if there's more than meets the eye regarding their two latest releases. :(