Why no Brits nominations?

maturefan

The Brits are awful awards, worse than the Grammys. Maybe it's a good idea they weren't nominated for any. :LOL:

I don't agree. I watched the first hour last night and really enjoyed it.

Maybe everyone doesn't agree that it's "fabulous"?

I don't see why; it's better than T2L and wasn't that nominated?

Because they're too good obviously.

I don't think that's the reason. I wonder if they've pissed off someone involved in the selection process?

Edited by maturefan

I don't see why; it's better than T2L and wasn't that nominated?

T2L did better commercially than Drones and was generally better reviewed by critics iirc. The band are also getting on a bit now and aren't as relevant among younger mainstream audiences as they were 4-7 years ago, which is the main demographic of the Brit awards to my knowledge.

It's not really good enough to be confused as to why it's not there in the first place though, imo at least.

Over here in the UK, at least, Drones was the 30th best-selling album of the year. It was the quickest seller when it came out, and outsold Ellie Goulding, Take That and Stereophonics (and also Brit Award winning Catfish and the Bottlemen, although I think The Balcony was a 2014 release), but the list up above contains the winners and a number of other nominees.

It still remains the case that Muse is more a live band than an albums one - they won 2 of the now-discontinued Best Live Act Brits, and a stat said their 2015 tour was one of the 5 highest grossing.

Maybe Muse would've been nominated if they played like in 2013. And even then, that year the banjo wankers Mumford & Sons won the prize anyway.

I always assumed awards were more driven by corporate/label interests, at least at the ones that were driven by charts and sales and all that.

Even the Grammys have become an elaborate stroke fest making a huge deal of already popular acts so you don't forget how awesome and important they are.

And so people run out and buy all the albums so they don't feel inferior.