Rock Band 4 Coming Soon - Let's get some Muse in it!

RetroGeet

Don't see the appeal in these games now that Rocksmith exists.

Rock Band's pretty simple and easy to learn/get used to. Rocksmith requires more effort and commitment 'cause it's supposed to be a lot more like playing a real guitar, if I wanted to do that I'd just go upstairs and play my actual guitar.

Plus, Rocksmith's just guitar as opposed to full band, I think?

Voted Citizen Erased + Reapers !

I doubt anything will come of it tbh, especially something like CE. I seem to remember hearing aaaages ago that Muse is one of the most commonly requested bands for RB but there's only been like 1 song from them on it ever. Something to do with rights/legal shit I think.

Edited by Jobby

Rock Band's pretty simple and easy to learn/get used to. Rocksmith requires more effort and commitment 'cause it's supposed to be a lot more like playing a real guitar, if I wanted to do that I'd just go upstairs and play my actual guitar.

Plus, Rocksmith's just guitar as opposed to full band, I think?

And bass, wich is nice but sucks fir the dfummers if they wanted to play along, I would guess RB would be better for that.

Speakinf of the first point I wouldnt have learnt beyond chords/bought a electric guitar and amp without Rocksmith, so different strokes for different folks I guess.

Edited by manualex

I've played guitar for over 10 years but could never really get into Rocksmith. Might as well just play guitar? Rock Band is great when you've got friends round, basically a souped up Karaoke machine!

I think they never got in before because they were exclusive to Guitar Hero (Knights of Cydonia, Plug in Baby, Assassin, Exo-Politics, Supermassive Black Hole, Stockholm Syndrome & Uprising all featured in GH titles).

They've announced around 75 songs for the new Guitar Hero game and a lot of them are from previous titles but none of them are Muse. Makes me think that now Harmonix might have a chance of getting them in Rock Band? If you're a fan of the game it's worth a try I suppose :)

• 1 month later...
Assassin was in Guitar Hero World Tour, whilst Plug In Baby was in GH5 (with Matt as a playable character) and Uprising in GH6. Surprised if they aren't in this, don't like the look of the new Guitar Hero.

+ Knights Of Cydonia in GH3 & Hysteria in Rock Band 1(?)

As I said though, voting for Muse may well be pointless. Someone at Harmonix came out a few years ago and said that Muse was one of those bands that gets requested a shit ton but that they struggle to get the rights to the songs for, for whatever reason. Doesn't look like there'll be any on this one either, from what we've seen so far.

Nowt to do with the band, they seem to like the idea of their songs being in games like this, must fall apart somewhere else down the line.

Ahh I didn't have GH3 or RB1 so I wouldn't have known. :p

S'alright, I forgot to add Resistance and Supermassive as DLC in GH6 as well.

Safe to say they've got a bit of a thing with Guitar Hero, don't think anything's been announced for the new one yet though.

Isn't it possible they got so little in Rock Band because they had a deal with GH?

I imagine they don't care enough either way to "hate" one game over another.

Could've been an exclusivity deal, yeah. Especially since Matt was in it.

The only time Rock Band had a Muse song on it was in the same year that Guitar Hero first included Muse. After that, it was clearly all GH. Rocksmith's had a couple but that first came out a couple of years after Guitar Hero kinda 'died', so the exclusivity would've probs run out.

Shame we never got a game centered around them (a Guitar Hero: Muse), their gradual rise to fame would've fit the style well imo (and I would've bought the shit out of it). I guess they figured they didn't have enough worldwide appeal at the time.

• 4 weeks later...

Final songs are announced and there is no f$#@ing muse.

I f$%#ing want muse in the f%#@ing game.

I guess we only have F#@$ing guitar hero left but it will be on GH F$#^ing TV most likely.

I found out that muse has been in every f@!&ing main guitar hero game.