New Show: Bangkok, Thailand

KirkBot

Nice to see they're playing Thailand, don't think they've ever played there.

MuseWiki says they were meant to play there in 2007 after the Australian arena tour but cancelled due to "unforeseen circumstances".

Am I right in thinking that at present, this show would be the first night of the full Drones tour?

Am I right in thinking that at present, this show would be the first night of the full Drones tour?

Shouldn't be those the ones from mainland China? But with the censorship i doubt they play anormal show there.

Shouldn't be those the ones from mainland China? But with the censorship i doubt they play anormal show there.

Hmmmm... maybe its a bit of both, with the production launched in China and the standard set launched here. After all, they're probably banned from playing the whole of Drones in China.

Hmmmm... maybe its a bit of both, with the production launched in China and the standard set launched here. After all, they're probably banned from playing the whole of Drones in China.

Their albums are full of songs I can't imagine would go down well over there to be honest. :chuckle:

Their albums are full of songs I can't imagine would go down well over there to be honest. :chuckle:

Yep. Defector video was taken down in China, most likely because it had the infamous Tiananmen Square photo in it. I'm honestly surprised they were able to book gigs outside of Hong Kong, but maybe China doesn't really take the band's politics seriously (does anyone? :LOL:)

lols there was a list of approved songs they can play that was posted on China's version of Twitter and it was basically a typical setlist from The 2nd Law Tour in Europe. guess they'll need to get the songs from Drones "approved" as well.