And I think you'll find that it's anyone who can make plastic drums that look and sound like a b-movie prop.:$

:eek:

They were good!!!

:LOL:

and in that picture - how on earth are you meant to play that gong bass! :confused:

Or is it just demo purposes :indiff:

Not sure, I'm sure you could reach it though if need be. Most people don't play theirs with the kit, though, they stand up and use mallets. I've seen alot of kits with the gong bass behind the player.

What annoys me is that the gong bass hardware is chrome and the kits' is black nickel.

No demonstration picture of a kit looks particularly playable for most people because everybody sets their kit up different. That gong bass does look unreachable though, you'd just have to keep throwing sticks at it :p

I dunno, I think the Mirage looks pretty awesome. The Bubinga certainly looks more "tasteful," but the clear fits in so well with the music and stage props. Either way, you can't go wrong. Both sound amazing!!!

damn rite! :D

Which is the best value bassdrum pedal? I want something that I'm not paying loads extra for that 1% increased speed/power/etc... ;)

Budget = preferably under £100 but can stretch to £200 if it's really that amazing:happy: .

well, iron cobras are generally looked at in good light. reliable/nice to play etc.

well, iron cobras are generally looked at in good light. reliable/nice to play etc.

Yeah, I'm just wondering if the job can't be done for less haha.... I used to have a DW 5000 series which was nice and now I have an awful premier one (fairly ancient with only one 'side' to it), which is too slow or something.

Eliminator and Iron Cobra are the two most common and cheapest "pro" pedals. Expect to pay no more then US$120 for a single in either and as low as US$99 for the Eliminator double chain.

EDIT:

P-2000C Eliminator Double Chain Drive $99

P-2000B Eliminator Belt Drive $109

IC of any kind $119

My pick is first the Eliminator and second the belt driven IC. I can't stand the feel of the power and rolling glide cams, which is good because they're chain drive anyway.

'Ey, I need a new stand for my hats I've just realised, since I think it's my crappy stand that I got with my $300 budget kit that's making my hats sound really bad. It's really clunky and noisy and it doesn't even accomodate my double pedal well.

What's a decent, cheap hihat stand? Anyone got an idea?

Eliminator and Iron Cobra are the two most common and cheapest "pro" pedals. Expect to pay no more then US$120 for a single in either and as low as US$99 for the Eliminator double chain.

EDIT:

P-2000C Eliminator Double Chain Drive $99

P-2000B Eliminator Belt Drive $109

IC of any kind $119

My pick is first the Eliminator and second the belt driven IC. I can't stand the feel of the power and rolling glide cams, which is good because they're chain drive anyway.

Cheers mate, I'll have to go and try out both somewhere... Doesn't look like I can get either for under £110 though :(.

It would seem the one I have right now is direct drive and I've hated belt-drive in the past - what's the actual difference?

It would seem the one I have right now is direct drive and I've hated belt-drive in the past - what's the actual difference?

Belt drive, the pedal is attached to the beater holder by a belt, and is very smooth. Direct drive is where one solid piece (usually metal) connects the pedal to the beater holder. Direct drive is more responsive and solid feeling

Belt drive, the pedal is attached to the beater holder by a belt, and is very smooth. Direct drive is where one solid piece (usually metal) connects the pedal to the beater holder. Direct drive is more responsive and solid feeling

Hmm, maybe it's just the complete lack of spring tension then - seems like the beater is way too heavy? :rolleyes: