I read somewhere Dom uses K/K Customs for recording... I was listening to Space dementia and the closest sound I could make out was K Dark.. presumably 19 inch.

Anyone agree? it sounds darker than the A custom... but considering the production stuff they do its probably silly :LOL:

btw, anyone else dislike Doms new small Crash? decays too quick, sounds weak.

I never said it was more enlightening, I just know how good some of the drummers are on this board, for example the tab for Assassin was brilliant. I myself am not a drummer and would not be able to work it all out, but I do not a tab in order to make a good guitar pro file and cover the song in my band. The drum bit does have some interesting fills, so just in future if you don't have a tab for it then shut up, you don't need to tell me what you think of my question. I just wanted a tab, if there isn't one then there isn't one.

You're right. Sorry.

I read somewhere Dom uses K/K Customs for recording... I was listening to Space dementia and the closest sound I could make out was K Dark.. presumably 19 inch.

Anyone agree? it sounds darker than the A custom... but considering the production stuff they do its probably silly

Well it actually is a K Dark, but it would have been messed with heaps in engineering.

http://dominichoward.altervista.org/en_tama1.html

btw, anyone else dislike Doms new small Crash? decays too quick, sounds weak.

That's just the sound he's looking for, changing the cymbal is a token gesture since the sound engineer really controls what it sounds like. I wasn't aware that he'd gotten a smaller crash, just a KC Fast.

you really do get too into it for someone playing drums on their own.

haha - yeah. When im on my own i dont drum like that usually. lol The whole 'getting the crowd to clap' thing! :LOL: :LOL:

Its just that in my previous videos i look too bored. So i decided to go for it! lol

It looks better! ;)

I found it a bit weird to watch :LOL: But nice drumming :)

wierd to WATCH! It was bloody wierd to DO!!!! lol

But id rather be doing something than sitting there for something like 32 bars twiddling my fingers haha :LOL:

THAT Would be wierd to watch! :LOL:

Is it ok for me to come out from lurking in the shadows now ? It's been most interesting and entertaining (and sometimes helpful) watching this forum and thought it was about time I said hi. I'll admit I am a rubber basher (digital drums) and not a very good one at that but I am a great Muse fan if that helps me blend in a bit.

Anyway.... HI !

Is it ok for me to come out from lurking in the shadows now ? It's been most interesting and entertaining (and sometimes helpful) watching this forum and thought it was about time I said hi. I'll admit I am a rubber basher (digital drums) and not a very good one at that but I am a great Muse fan if that helps me blend in a bit.

Anyway.... HI !

hey rubber n00b! :D

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

everyone's welcome! *opens arms*

Thanks for the welcome Adam, though I had better try and shake off the "rubber"perception soon as others might get the wrong idea i.e. certain fetishes...which I don't have, well apart from weekends he he

Nice videos by the way, your dedication to Muse is praise-worthy!...when can we look forward to the KOC version then ? he he

Thanks for the welcome Adam, though I had better try and shake off the "rubber"perception soon as others might get the wrong idea i.e. certain fetishes...which I don't have, well apart from weekends he he

Nice videos by the way, your dedication to Muse is praise-worthy!...when can we look forward to the KOC version then ? he he

Thanks very much.....im working on it ;)

might give it a couple of months before i release that one....keep people waiting a bit :D

...like when th eband are meant to come on at 9....and they come on at 9.15....ooh

hahah :LOL:

• 3 weeks later...

So yeah - digital kit in the post! :D

This means that i can practice now! At uni! :D

And when im back home i can integrate the two!

So that got me thinking about triggers! :D

I know dom has one on his snare and one on his tom.

I also know that the floor tom triggers the shaker effect when he hits the rim? correct?

So what does the one on the snare do?

t'salright lol

so im right in thinking that stick a trigger on my kit and by hitting the rim of that drum i can send a signal to a drum brain thing and get a sound out of it?

Just like hitting a pad in a digital drum kit sends a signal to the drum brain?

yes?

t'salright lol

so im right in thinking that stick a trigger on my kit and by hitting the rim of that drum i can send a signal to a drum brain thing and get a sound out of it?

Just like hitting a pad in a digital drum kit sends a signal to the drum brain?

yes?

Most likely. From what everyone's describing, it sounds like a custom job, not unlike installing effects pedals on a Guitar (like a certain Guitar-playing fiend from a certain band whom this messageboard is affiliated with (if that's the right way round)).

Oooooh, doppelrunde Klammer!