Cheers mate, I'll have to go and try out both somewhere... Doesn't look like I can get either for under £110 though :(.

It would seem the one I have right now is direct drive and I've hated belt-drive in the past - what's the actual difference?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Pearl-2000C-PowerShifter-Eliminator-Bass-Drum-Pedal_W0QQitemZ290110707867QQihZ019QQcategoryZ41452QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Even with shipping it comes to £72.

'Ey, I need a new stand for my hats I've just realised, since I think it's my crappy stand that I got with my $300 budget kit that's making my hats sound really bad. It's really clunky and noisy and it doesn't even accomodate my double pedal well.

What's a decent, cheap hihat stand? Anyone got an idea?

mines an iron cobra - reccommend that!

But just go to your local music shop and try them out...im sure premier will do a good one on a budget...:)

mines an iron cobra - reccommend that!

But just go to your local music shop and try them out...im sure premier will do a good one on a budget...:)

Ah, I always hate going and trying out stuff--I get nervous playing in front of people, mainly because I suck. :LOL:

A:LSkfJSd;flkaj, I just spent the whole day trying to record Assassin on the drums, and when I finally play it perfectly, it's out of sync with the video. GAHHhhhHHhh. Now it's too late to play drums--10 PM, and it's killing me that I didn't get it done today. ;aldkjfafpOIDJPOSIJPFOISJdpfoiaj;adfkl;asdfkjkl;a,.

Ah, I always hate going and trying out stuff--I get nervous playing in front of people, mainly because I suck. :LOL:

A:LSkfJSd;flkaj, I just spent the whole day trying to record Assassin on the drums, and when I finally play it perfectly, it's out of sync with the video. GAHHhhhHHhh. Now it's too late to play drums--10 PM, and it's killing me that I didn't get it done today. ;aldkjfafpOIDJPOSIJPFOISJdpfoiaj;adfkl;asdfkjkl;a,.

post it anyway! lol :p

• 2 weeks later...

pretty cool!

in the first verse's (0.40 - 2.11), are you hitting the bass drum on every beat?

I can see when youre hitting the drum in the 'ride' cymbal' bits, but your leg doesnt seem to move for the first half. lol

:D

pretty cool!

in the first verse's (0.40 - 2.11), are you hitting the bass drum on every beat?

I can see when youre hitting the drum in the 'ride' cymbal' bits, but your leg doesnt seem to move for the first half. lol

thanks! :)

oh yeah it is, but i'm using heel down... iono why, haha.

Good stuff...nice one.

Watching that though made me get back in to hi hat foot work...which I am finding totally naff...my left leg seems ******* useless if I try and reach any kind of speed...tell me it will get better !!!! :$

Good stuff...nice one.

Watching that though made me get back in to hi hat foot work...which I am finding totally naff...my left leg seems ******* useless if I try and reach any kind of speed...tell me it will get better !!!! :$

:p Does it ever not get better when you practice? ;)

My left foot technique is still pretty bad, but I've gotten a lot better after playing along to Muse. :) My double-bass technique is actually getting better too. w00t!

Good stuff...nice one.

hmm if your leg's cramping up try using stairmaster machines in gyms, worked for me my left leg doesn't burn anymore :)

How does everyone record their videos? With a camera and then sync the audio to it on the computer, audio directly into the camera while playing, or music blasting loud enough for the camera to pick up when you're playing?

Set up camera

Set up microphone going into pc

Press record on both

Play drums

Stop record on both

Mix microphone recording with cd

Insert video to movie editor and mute the distorted camera mic

Insert and align the new 'mixed' track with the footage

save

upload!

Set up camera

Set up microphone going into pc

Press record on both

Play drums

Stop record on both

Mix microphone recording with cd

Insert video to movie editor and mute the distorted camera mic

Insert and align the new 'mixed' track with the footage

save

upload!

....in the words of the late great Tommy Cooper....

....Jus like that.......Ah thank yew

Over the past few days Ive been completely redeveloping the muse drums site.

http://www.musedrums.rocks.it

Its all finished now.

Lots more information added, a lot easier to use, looks better too with a professional feel.

A couple of things left to do, but I thought id coincide the launch with the 2000th visitor.

Its more than just a drum site now, its a whole dominic howard resource site with facts and information about him as well as his drumming.

Any feedback / suggestions will be welcome.

ta muchly

:)