That Live At Rome setlist looked like shit :noey:

As I said, shaky setlist but i'm talking about Matt vocally and the instruments, the actual performance. PIB on the Rome dvd made me sit up and take notice of how amazing they've become live, when I thought they couldn't get any better.

Manchester Academy was the best gig I've ever been to (bar Leeds Fest '11, but that was for sentimental reasons) 'cause it was just the band and the fans having fun, no extra frills.

This is exactly how I felt about Webster Hall. They should really play some of these intimate venues more often -- not only is it a better experience for fans to be in that type of setting, but the energy from the band and their connection with the crowd is unlike anything I've seen at any of the other, bigger gigs I've attended. I think they enjoy those small gigs just as much as we do!

Hoping this wasn't really some one-off deal, and that there will be more small-venue tours in the future!

Edited by TrebleRose689

This is exactly how I felt about Webster Hall. They should really play some of these intimate venue more often -- not only is it a better experience for fans to be in that type of setting, but the energy from the band and their connection with the crowd is unlike anything I've seen at any of the other, bigger gigs I've attended. I think they enjoy those small gigs just as much as we do!

Hoping this wasn't really some one-off deal, and that there will be more small-venue tours in the future!

Hope so, never got to see them earlier this year :(

I'm pretty sure they'll do another small gig or two in other countries this time around, but I'm still fairly pissed off that they insist on the extravagant bullshit at the tours the fans can actually get tickets to, and the fact they seem really proud of being such a "big" live act like that, it's not going away any time soon.

They honestly are so damn good live it pisses me off dearly that they hide behind all the explosions and stage props like they think that's what makes them a "good" live act.

Or, to be more honest, what draws in the casual crowd, and makes them more money.