To me, even Mercy sounds quite dark, even if the comparisons to Starlight are completely justified. The lyrics are dark, and Matt sounds like he's actually pleading in some parts of the song.

Absolutely.

When describing Muse to friends, ages ago, and my obsession with them over other bands, I always found myself saying things like "well, the songs SOUND like what they're about!" Like, MotP, sonically, sounds hectic, urgent.

I think that quality, of the music expressing the meaning of the song even w/o the lyrics, was something that was nearly totally lost over TR and T2L.

so... anyone gonna watch jools holland tomorrow?

do we realy think that it will leak next week?

just some questions i wanted to ask

It will 100% be online by June 5, so odds are a stream will go up June 5 or maybe June 4. I'll have a copy of the album by either June 3 or June 4, and an unnamed vendor in an unnamed European country will sell the album on June 2. We'll have the album by June 2 at earliest, June 4th at latest.

I'm identical to this!

If Sunburn or Showbiz showed up on Drones people would say they were amazing!

As for the guy who said OOS has no stinkers....Feeling Good?

I wouldnt say Feeling Good is a stinker, I often skip it to be fair but as far as covers go it's a great effort and it's widely appreciated.

Hmm, on the topic of Showbiz, yes - if Sunburn or Showbiz were on Drones, people would say they're amazing. They are.

But, for me, they also cast too much of a shadow on much of the rest of the album; they were clearly written much later, and the quality differences in album tracks are pretty shocking.

I rate Showbiz low on my list, and honestly rarely listen to a good deal of the songs, and rarely made it through the entire album in one go. Just because two of the songs are in my Top Muse Songs, unfortunately doesn't elevate it enough.

Their previous two albums were more interesting to me than that. They even got Tom Morello to play on a track and it sucked. Their only good albums are Hybrid Theory, Meteora, and A Thousand Suns. If anything Drones is going to sound like ATS because i see some similarities already.

Agreed with Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Definitely two of my all time favourite albums

It will 100% be online by June 5, so odds are a stream will go up June 5 or maybe June 4. I'll have a copy of the album by either June 3 or June 4, and an unnamed vendor in an unnamed European country will sell the album on June 2. We'll have the album by June 2 at earliest, June 4th at latest.

I'd say we'd almost definitely have it by the 1st of June

I figure I won't be as altruistic about leaks this time around, as I keep getting awful results back from my medical tests. :erm:

Maybe that's a shit excuse, but hell.

It's not like I won't buy the album, even if I don't like a single other song on it. Or my boyfriend will, at least. Or heck, they haven't still canceled my box set order.

I think last time I missed the stream/leak, and everyone burned out talking about the new songs before I'd heard them, and then I just said "fuck it" and didn't express how I felt about the album. :chuckle:

Maybe belongs in the controversial thread, but I still can't feel a single thing for Reapers.

Much like I was talking about how Mercy and DI make me feel the emotional tone of the song - Reapers, I really don't know wtf it's about, or how it's supposed to make me feel.

Other than, wow, I really don't like AC/DC or Van Halen.

I figure I won't be as altruistic about leaks this time around, as I keep getting awful results back from my medical tests. :erm:

Maybe that's a shit excuse, but hell.

It's not like I won't buy the album, even if I don't like a single other song on it. Or my boyfriend will, at least. Or heck, they haven't still canceled my box set order.

I think last time I missed the stream/leak, and everyone burned out talking about the new songs before I'd heard them, and then I just said "fuck it" and didn't express how I felt about the album. :chuckle:

Maybe belongs in the controversial thread, but I still can't feel a single thing for Reapers.

Much like I was talking about how Mercy and DI make me feel the emotional tone of the song - Reapers, I really don't know wtf it's about, or how it's supposed to make me feel.

Other than, wow, I really don't like AC/DC or Van Halen.

Leaks are nice

So, I just watched the Big Weekend gig in Youtube. And yes, finally listened Reapers, sounds so awesome, in love with the riff.

Great.

But yeah, like some of you said, something seem off with that gig, I don't know if was mixed up bad, or they make mistakes, with the pedals, or something like that,

But yeah, loved Reapers, is the Big Weekend the best bootleg from the song?

So, I just watched the Big Weekend gig in Youtube. And yes, finally listened Reapers, sounds so awesome, in love with the riff.

Great.

But yeah, like some of you said, something seem off with that gig, I don't know if was mixed up bad, or they make mistakes, with the pedals, or something like that,

The mix was fine.

Great.

Yeah Matt made a few mistakes during the song. He was quite tired it seems and wasnt able to sing some notes in other songs.

But yes right now its the best version of the song we have yet

Great.

He had a few issues with the pedals and a bit of feedback and his voice wasn't on par but the mix sounded ok.

It was the original lead guitar riff, according to Chris, before they moved it to the bass.

When did he say that?

Edit: inb4 they make a whole song utilising that same riff on LP8 :chuckle:

Edited by LewisF

It was the original lead guitar riff, according to Chris, before they moved it to the bass.

Ahh I see. Judging by the Big Weekend gig, I'm fairly happy with how Reapers turned out. Psycho, despite all its cheesiness, actually looks like a blast live.

Hopefully the rest of the album has a few more tracks like them.