Only in the deluxe box set. Even just a few shots of the Drones tour rack would be good, so we can speculate :nerd:. That VH4 pedal is an essential purchase when I get a new amp.

That video's really interesting, especially hearing how much the sound varies with the different mic positions. Saw a video the other day about a super hard on they were using for recording that album breaking in the studio, then sounding completely different when it was fixed.

Yours sounds just about spot on.

Well you know people will buy that because it's numbered and the most expensive option. Not even limited edition. And it doesn't even matter that we're completely wrong... it's almost as if speculation is the new banter.

You know, like when you go for a cheeky nando's and have some top speculation with the ladz. :facepalm:

I think I won though. Some of the incorrect information I put on musewiki several years ago ended up in the drones VIP bit.

You're referring to this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A150_GuX7YU

The same guy (from the other video) was also on gearslutz a while back and gave a bit more information. I recall some of the notable bits were that they mostly used the VT40 combo because it would distort more, and there was a fuzz pedal used at times (a foxx octave fuzz - probably a tone machine) which belonged to Alain Johannes.

And the guitars were the Ovations. Not sure why he didn't really want to say in the video - it's not like Homme is currently using them or that they're easy to find at all.

Also, check these out if you haven't seen them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8WsKjoigsc

Well you know people will buy that because it's numbered and the most expensive option. Not even limited edition. And it doesn't even matter that we're completely wrong... it's almost as if speculation is the new banter.

You know, like when you go for a cheeky nando's and have some top speculation with the ladz. :facepalm:

I think I won though. Some of the incorrect information I put on musewiki several years ago ended up in the drones VIP bit.

You're referring to this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A150_GuX7YU

The same guy (from the other video) was also on gearslutz a while back and gave a bit more information. I recall some of the notable bits were that they mostly used the VT40 combo because it would distort more, and there was a fuzz pedal used at times (a foxx octave fuzz - probably a tone machine) which belonged to Alain Johannes.

And the guitars were the Ovations. Not sure why he didn't really want to say in the video - it's not like Homme is currently using them or that they're easy to find at all.

Also, check these out if you haven't seen them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8WsKjoigsc

Archbishop of speculationbury doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

What's the incorrect info that ended up in the tour thing? There's so much wrong stuff on there I've stopped looking at the gear pages

Yeah that's the video I meant. Didn't know about using a fuzz pedal, was he using a pdf-1 at that point as well?

I'm guessing one of the ovations that was used in the studio is the one you've got now :awesome:

Think I've only seen one of those videos before, so thanks for those!

Archbishop of speculationbury doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

What's the incorrect info that ended up in the tour thing? There's so much wrong stuff on there I've stopped looking at the gear pages

Yeah that's the video I meant. Didn't know about using a fuzz pedal, was he using a pdf-1 at that point as well?

I'm guessing one of the ovations that was used in the studio is the one you've got now :awesome:

Think I've only seen one of those videos before, so thanks for those!

Exactly. I don't think it will catch on. Do you really think the guy at the entrance of Nando's will understand you when you say, "STEP ASIDE, FOR I AM THE ARCHBISHOP OF SPECULATION....BURY." After getting a bunch of weird looks from the other ladz, you proceed to go to your table with your male friend from K&T, and talk about Matt Bellamy's guitar rig for the entire night.

It was the Deranged amp. Many years ago I attempted to identify it based on current models, and thought it was a Retro 50 or AD 50. Both of which didn't exist in 2000...

Turns out it was a single channel AD 30. The little tablet which gave information had the incorrect information copied directly off musewiki... not really a big deal, but still. They should have come to K&T if they wanted incorrect information.

From what I can tell, he used the foxx pedal early on (sounds like it in the video below) as well as some of SFTD (possibly millionaire?) Apparently the sounds like on first it giveth are all ampeg VT40 cranked up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN50XWBI2rM

The parametric filter (not the PDF-1, but the original maestro version) didn't come until around 2005. He ran that into the fulltone ultimate octave. That's what I used in that recording.

And yep, unless I've been lied to (I've done my research...) it's the sunburst one he's using in part II for the song for the dead bit.

This was just posted...

http://www.zvex.com/products/super-duper-sa-mod

Looks like it might be a reissue of the magic version they were discussing in that video. Well, sort of, as it's the 2 in 1 version.

I sort of agree with Dan, if you're shipping something you know is gonna fail..

I remember back in the day when people were subbing in 2N7000 mosfets as they have internal short protection. I'm not sure there's that much difference in toan but then I Don't work on multi platinum selling albums.

I sort of agree with Dan, if you're shipping something you know is gonna fail..

I remember back in the day when people were subbing in 2N7000 mosfets as they have internal short protection. I'm not sure there's that much difference in toan but then I Don't work on multi platinum selling albums.

The question is... did he know the FF stab pots would wear out? I guess he didn't build the pedal knowing that MB would get hold of one.

Also, just attempted to make a nando's dish with authentic nando's ingredients. Didn't turn out too bad, but it's not the same. At all.

Hopefully this will tie me over for the next seven months.

I can forgive the stab pots, who saw that coming? But the mosfets is something else entirely, in my opinion at least. There were several other suspect products in the early days, like the octane that was a better radio than it was an octave pedal, not to mention the early probes.

Well they didn't work in certain conditions, something to do with the way the wire coil antennae lays on the ground. On stages with metal risers etc, they wouldn't work at all. Plus, the connector used to fail making them intermittent.

Basicsy, they were the sort of thing that's cool if you make it and gig it yourself, but not really if you're selling them for $300+

Well they didn't work in certain conditions, something to do with the way the wire coil antennae lays on the ground. On stages with metal risers etc, they wouldn't work at all. Plus, the connector used to fail making them intermittent.

Basicsy, they were the sort of thing that's cool if you make it and gig it yourself, but not really if you're selling them for $300+

I think I used to have one with a bad connector. Not sure what year it was built though.

And here is your new american professional series.

http://shop.fender.com/en-US/electric-series/american-professional/

You know, it's sort of clever. I would have been fine with the american standard series (they should have kept both) but the treble bleed mod, shaw pickups, etc. will appeal to those who want to upgrade to a $350 set of aftermarket pickups before they even receive the guitar.

Wish there were more finish options though... at least they kept 3 tone sunburst, black, and white. Those are the only finishes that matter.

Sonic grey? Is sonic beige next?

So the professional is below the Elite? It still doesn't make sense. It's like a pre-upgraded USA Standard?

I played an elite a couple of days ago, I like the neck but the stupid cutout for the truss rod is stupid.

The professional looks like a US standard with some basic upgrades. And I'd agree, especially since they usually are on the headstock with the new ones. I don't know if they changed the design for another reason though (I'm assuming it's a one way design now, rather than the bi flex)

NEW TRUSS ROD ADJUSTMENT WHEEL

The new truss rod adjustment wheel location makes it a snap to adjust the instrument's neck relief.

Did they have to use that word?

Did they have to use that word?

You mean we don't all like our truss rod snapping? :rolleyes:

I still want this guitar. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender/Limited-Edition-American-Standard-Stratocaster-with-Rosewood-Neck-Electric-Guitar.gc

Not sure if they'll discontinue it soon, given that it's a limited item and Fender stopped making these American Standard.

Right? Supposedly the paint is a bit different from normal American Standard finish too. Something about a thinner layer of paint that lets the wood breathe

you should get one of these. I don't think they've been made since 2014 though, and were limited edition

fender-stratocaster-limited-edition-sandblast-crimson-red-transparent-us14109159-right__wwg.jpg

They were also available in blue.

Also, I'm not sure about the elite ones, but the professionals don't actually say "Made in U.S.A." like the previous american standards did? It has a serial that starts in US, but it only says "Corona, CA" on the front of the headstock

Maybe these are made to american standards in mexico?

:)

:facepalm: Not that it's a bad thing - some of the higher end MIM guitars (a certain jazzmaster comes to mind) was loads better than the US made one which cost a grand more, but it's pretty misleading if they're made in mexico

What does Jaicen thought?

Happy New Year!

:facepalm: Not that it's a bad thing - some of the higher end MIM guitars (a certain jazzmaster comes to mind) was loads better than the US made one which cost a grand more, but it's pretty misleading if they're made in mexico

My Strat is a MIM one, and it plays just as well as the American one I tried at the same time, though that had better pickups.

Thought some of you might appreciate this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX1D2wtfuLU

Maybe I can finally learn the last bit of the solo properly.

Oooooooft. Do you think the foxx fuzz pedal was used for the solo?

Happy New Year!

My Strat is a MIM one, and it plays just as well as the American one I tried at the same time, though that had better pickups.

Oooooooft. Do you think the foxx fuzz pedal was used for the solo?

Yeah, there generally isn't a massive difference. Even the MIM ones use the US made electronics (referring to the pots, switch, etc)

I remember reading that they're all the same, just the first pick of the woods goes to the US factory.

And nope, that's probably the peavey solid state practice amp that was said to be used on that track. :chuckle: Supposedly the other two amps that were used were the ampeg VT40 (probably for the main sound) and the tube works thing he used during kyuss (guessing that's for the slightly more distorted sound during the choruses)

you should get one of these. I don't think they've been made since 2014 though, and were limited edition

fender-stratocaster-limited-edition-sandblast-crimson-red-transparent-us14109159-right__wwg.jpg

They were also available in blue.

:shifty: I'll just save up for a 2 or 3 tone sunburst.

Also, I'm not sure about the elite ones, but the professionals don't actually say "Made in U.S.A." like the previous american standards did? It has a serial that starts in US, but it only says "Corona, CA" on the front of the headstock

Maybe these are made to american standards in mexico?

:)

What does Jaicen thought?

I actually really like the higher-end MIM ones. Been looking at this (in 2 tone sunburst of course) and it has pretty much everything I want in a Strat. http://shop.fender.com/en-US/electric-guitars/stratocaster/classic-player-50s-stratocaster/0141102344.html

Now it's come down to this MIM with a V-neck (which I like more than a C neck) or the more expensive MIA one with the all rosewood C neck. Hmmmmm

What do you guys think?

Also, James, when are you gonna get a Kemper? :3 Looks like they go for a reasonable price used https://reverb.com/item/3626421-kemper-profiler-profiling-amplifier-head-2016-green-white

Oh and

[YT]

[/YT] Edited by Cider

:shifty: I'll just save up for a 2 or 3 tone sunburst.

I actually really like the higher-end MIM ones. Been looking at this (in 2 tone sunburst of course) and it has pretty much everything I want in a Strat. http://shop.fender.com/en-US/electric-guitars/stratocaster/classic-player-50s-stratocaster/0141102344.html

Now it's come down to this MIM with a V-neck (which I like more than a C neck) or the more expensive MIA one with the all rosewood C neck. Hmmmmm

What do you guys think?

Also, James, when are you gonna get a Kemper? :3 Looks like they go for a reasonable price used https://reverb.com/item/3626421-kemper-profiler-profiling-amplifier-head-2016-green-white

Oh and

You should buy mine. I put some dodgy actives in it though... Otherwise, definitely the MIM.

Shame the MIJ/CIJ guitars aren't really common over here. Likely because everyone would buy them instead of the US made ones...

Not anytime soon I'm sure. I don't have the patience to learn how to use it... main reason I got rid of the axe FX, and also the reason I still can't figure out how to get the muscle museum sound out of this old roland thing

also, this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332072902789

Oh. my. god

s-l1600.jpg

Not anytime soon I'm sure. I don't have the patience to learn how to use it... main reason I got rid of the axe FX, and also the reason I still can't figure out how to get the muscle museum sound out of this old roland thing

Yeah, I totally understand the frustration with tweaking stuff. Main reason I haven't played much lately ._.

Oh. my. god

s-l1600.jpg

The back of the headstock is painted in black too.

Since there aren't board awards this year, should we still pick the best K&T moment(s) of 2016?

-The great K&T meet up of 2016

-Bs orders a new guitar

-birth of the irncaster™

But we already know the second one is the winner. Not a whole lot has happened, at least compared to great moments like the animato de-gooping. Maybe if I ever receive that other pedal, we can get it cloned... turns out it's coming from russia :wtf: