2015.06.28 - Rock Werchter Festival, Belgium

forevermusic

Hey !

I'm still looking for 1 ticket ! Please pm if you are selling.( or know someone trustworthy who is) I neeeed to hear The Handler :musesign:

I'm not sure whether or not linking this is against the board rules (it isn't clearly mentioned in the rules), but if you're able to go 4 days you should check out Viagogo. Prices just dropped there: Sunday tickets are still overpriced (starting from €146), but 4 day passes are almost at the same price (so that's €50 cheaper than face value).

Be careful with this though. It's still possible that you've bought fake tickets and Rock Werchter officially doesn't recommend buying your tickets there. Why do I link them than you might think? Prices probably dropped because some students aren't able to go 4 days because of exams etc.

Also, Viagogo offers you a refund if you got scammed. Tickets can be overpriced over there, but they guarantee entrance or a refund. Tomorrowland (organized by ID&T but they have strong ties with LiveNation though) for example works together with them, there are desks at the festival where Viagogo helps you if something goes wrong so you can attend the festival without any problem. This isn't the case at Rock Werchter as far as I know, but I know they check the tickets for all these big events.

I'm aware of the fact that it still can be risky and I'm not promoting this kind of sites. But if you really don't find another ticket, I'd say it's worth the risk if you don't have to travel or something like that to get there. I've heard a lot of people having good experiences with it.

So who's staying for the whole festival? I'll be traveling to Belgium next Wednesday! Really excited for the whole thing (3rd time at Werchter) and obviously Muse :D! However, really gutted Foo Fighters had to cancel, I was so looking forward to seeing them again :(.

I'm going for 4 days too. 6th time here, 2nd time Muse at Werchter. I hope the weather will be okay, last years was horrible. The line-up wasn't that great, bad weather, we lost the football game ( that really took almost all the joy away, everyone was so sad even though we expected it :LOL: )...

I was expecting a decent replacement for Foo Fighters because Glastonbury had to deal with the cancellation too, but with the news from Glasto yesterday... I'd be happy if they just kept Florence as a headliner at RW though, I'm just afraid they'll announce Editors one again...

There was an article in the newspapers where they seriously considered Muse performing twice (Thursday and Sunday). Seems really unrealistic, but that'd be my dream. A typical setlist for this tour and one with rarities. /dreammode off :$

I'm going for 4 days too. 6th time here, 2nd time Muse at Werchter. I hope the weather will be okay, last years was horrible. The line-up wasn't that great, bad weather, we lost the football game ( that really took almost all the joy away, everyone was so sad even though we expected it )...

That sucks... I wasn't there last year. Weather looks ok so far, just not as hot as I'm used to with Werchter, but then again this is a weekend earlier...

I was expecting a decent replacement for Foo Fighters because Glastonbury had to deal with the cancellation too, but with the news from Glasto yesterday... I'd be happy if they just kept Florence as a headliner at RW though, I'm just afraid they'll announce Editors one again...

I wouldn't like Florence being upgraded to headliner that much. I quite like her, just not as a headliner. I'd rather they get a replacement, also because otherwise we'd lose one band on that day. Wouldn't mind Editors at all, cause I really like them, but I get people saying "not them again"...

There was an article in the newspapers where they seriously considered Muse performing twice (Thursday and Sunday). Seems really unrealistic, but that'd be my dream. A typical setlist for this tour and one with rarities. /dreammode off :$

Haha, that is precisely what I was thinking as well (two gigs, one normal/one rarities) :LOL:! Would be amazing, but most likely won't happen :(

Haha, that is precisely what I was thinking as well (two gigs, one normal/one rarities) :LOL:! Would be amazing, but most likely won't happen :(

We probably get Triggerfinger, dEUS, Editors or another "typical Rock Werchter act" you know. :LOL:

Someone suggested the possibility of having a decent electronic act like Disclosure closing the Barn, so Elbow could fill the gap on the main stage, with Florence being promoted as headliner. Anyway, they only have a few days left to announce the news now... We'll see.

Hmm, that doesn't sound like a bad idea. A friend of mine suggested something similar: He really doesn't like Florence and said he'd rather have elbow as headliner instead of them moving up :) (but that's really unlikely). We'll see.

Anywho, Muse just playing Micro Cuts again has kinda of moved my focus away from that anyway. So psyched for their gig :D

I don't know about the chances being slim. They were slim after them playing it at Download, cause that was a special thing. Now that they've played it at a "normal" festival, I think the chances have increased quite a bit :).

I don't know about the chances being slim. They were slim after them playing it at Download, cause that was a special thing. Now that they've played it at a "normal" festival, I think the chances have increased quite a bit :).

Yeah, good point. Still, I'm trying to keep my expectations down!

Meh, I'd rather have a smaller but decent act in one of the tents (and Elbow on Florence's slot) than Kiss. Would be a weird replacement. Not the kind of act Werchter crowd would enjoy imo (only the older part of the crowd in general probably). They were a good headliner for Graspop, but having them next week too would be a bit weird.

I thought I clicked on the wrong setlist on setlist.fm when I saw that they played Micro Cuts again! Really hope that they'll keep it in until Werchter. My biggest wish would be Map of the Problematique though, but I'm afraid that won't happen.

Such a shame for everyone who was looking forward to seeing Foo Fighters. I'm only going for two days (Saturday and Sunday), but I can't even imagine how disappointed I would be if for example Muse had to cancel.

The weather forecast is looking very good! But it's probably going to change about 5 times before the festival anyway.

About the Foo Fighters replacement: Faith No More replaces them on Thursday. Royal Blood plays twice (on Thursday and Saturday) and The Chemical Brothers' set time will be extended, because FNM will play a 1h15min set instead of the + 2h set FF would play.

Well, Muse isn't playing twice as expected. Journalism in 2015... :LOL:

Alrighty people, I'm off to belgium this morning (way too early). Not sure whether I'll post from the festival, so I wish everybody a great gig/festival and may the set list gods be with us (micro cuts, micro cuts, micro cuts!!! :) )

Oh and btw, faith no more is an alright replacement I suppose, considering the short notice. But how awesome is the double royal blood thing :D?!

hej hej!

i just bought my werchter ticket and will drive there by car. i don't like to drive alone and - frankly - I'd like to share the expenses for gas.

so: does anybody from cologne need a lift?

my poeple will already drive to werchter about noon and I am the only one, who can start not untill early afternoon, because i have to take an exam. maybe i can already start at 4pm, but it'd be more realistic around 5pm. i'm a good driver (safe and fast :) ) and need to make it to hot chip.

if you need a lift from cologne (at Freddy Schilling, kyff) feel free to contact me! i'd love to have some company by a muse-fan as i'm super-excited for sunday (also, some other bands.. ).

cecilia :)

(German: Jemand aus Köln hier, der auch erst morgen Nachmittag fahren kann und gegen 4 oder 5 starten möchte? Ich suche Mitfahrer (oder auch eine Mitfahrgelegenheit). Fahrtkosten für die Hinfahrt werden 50/50 aufgeteilt und können vorher gemeinsam abgesprochen usw. werden. Will nich alleine fahren!)