2015.06.28 - Rock Werchter Festival, Belgium

forevermusic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The line-up for Sunday isn't really fantastic indeed... I was expecting a few more big names but it looks like it's not going to happen with all those rather small acts they're announcing now.

Never expected to see Mumford & Sons as a headliner after 2012. They performed on Saturday and there wasn't a big headliner. Some subheadliners were placed together (Kasabian - Mumford & Sons - The XX - Editors) and that worked surprisingly good. But they've lost the effect of these big top 40 hits now so I don't understand why they've got such a big spot.

Anyway, they've managed to book enough good acts. The line-up is definitely better than last year's and it's not like there are a lot of other major acts touring as far as we know. Friday is really pop-minded, the headliners are among the best they could offer and they have some good acts for a wider audience (Patti Smith, Caribou, TWOD, Archive...).

It's better than Pinkpop's line-up. I mean, it's something... :LOL:

Got my tickets for a while now, going with my sister and it's the first time seeing muse in an other country!

And it's going to be the first time I'll go a large music festival.

I think the line up is pretty sick, Foo Fighters, Royal Blood, The Prodigy, Kasabian and many more. I think I won't be able to walk for a while after those 5 days! (We got a camping ticket for The Hive)

Any tips and tricks for us?

After seeing tonight's setlist I'm ridiculously excited for Rock Werchter! I really hope that they'll keep some of the rarities in the setlist, but it's going to be my first Muse gig so I will be happy with whatever songs we get.

It's only going to be my second time at Rock Werchter (last year I only went for one day, though) and first time camping, so I don't really have tips and tricks for you, solarseptum. I was absolutely shattered after one day last year, so I can only imagine how I would feel after all 4 days :LOL:

Same, I'm so excited about the setlist! I hope they keep at least a couple of rarities in the set even though it's a festival gig.

Got my tickets for a while now, going with my sister and it's the first time seeing muse in an other country!

And it's going to be the first time I'll go a large music festival.

I think the line up is pretty sick, Foo Fighters, Royal Blood, The Prodigy, Kasabian and many more. I think I won't be able to walk for a while after those 5 days! (We got a camping ticket for The Hive)

Any tips and tricks for us?

A couple camping tips: take earplugs, don't pitch yout tent near the toilets (common sense really :p ) or near a fence, and if you plan to shower, go either very early in the morning, very late at night (I think last year the showers were open till 2am), or in the early evening when most people are on the festival grounds (although there are a lot of showers in The Hive so it's faster than it used to be). Also make you tent recognizable!! The Hive is huge (I think last year there were 30 000 people in there) so this is super important.

As for general tips, I'd say definitely read/pay attention to what you can and cannot take with you in the camping and in the festival itself because they tend to be fairly strict about it. For instance you can't have any glass containers with you, and they don't always let you in the festival with bottled drinks (I think they let closed bottled drinks in last year but they used not to so I don't know what the rules will be this year). And if you're front row and it's hot, security will usually fill your bottle with water if you ask and they sometimes give out cups of water as well.

Other than that, take sunscreen and wellies, chances are you'll need both :D

Edited by ellebell

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys, Im selling my 2 Sunday tickets for Rock Werchter over @ the MuseBay thread. Most Rockk Werchter Tickets are now SOLD OUT. Myself and Wife cannot attend as our passports will be with the UK Border Agency in June, while I renew my wife's visa. Looking for face value less fees.

Thanks,

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...