Instrumental versions of Muse's songs

I wanted to start a discussion about instrumental versions of Muse's songs. Does anyone prefer to listen to specific instrumental versions, or think certain songs would have been better if originally made as an instrumental? Survival is perfect as an instrumental to me, great gym tune :)

no i disagree.

Any other input?...

United States is better as an instrumental, as is Survival.

Yeah, United States is amazing as an instrumental! Pretty much anything with the Queen-esque vocals removed is drastically better.

The guitar stands out so much more without the vocals.

You also get to notice just how rad the pounding drums are, some of the production really is incredible on that album.

The vocals are good, but the lyrics are terrible. Once it gets going I think the instrumental is actually pretty good, the strings in particular are nice.

I love the "Fuse Helium-3" lyric.:happy:

I actually think the lyrics are nice. Emphases the play-like feel of the song.

I always read your post titles in a funny voice, in my head :LOL:

quite nice

35f4se.jpg

I love the "Fuse Helium-3" lyric.:happy:

I actually think the lyrics are nice. Emphases the play-like feel of the song.

I don't mind the fuse helium 3 lyric, it's almost clever - being an isotope needed for nuclear fusion and Muse's label(?). I just think the rest are a bit too cringey.

I don't mind the fuse helium 3 lyric, it's almost clever - being an isotope needed for nuclear fusion and Muse's label(?). I just think the rest are a bit too cringey.

I seriously think Animals and Supremacy are the worst offenders on the album. Both instrumentals are great, but lyrics like "Brainwashed children to be mean" and "Buy yourself an ocean/island" are a bit non-good.

Edited by Strangeseas

I seriously think Animals and Supremacy are the worst offenders on the album. Both instrumentals are great, but lyrics like "Brainwashed children to be mean" and "Buy yourself an ocean/island" area bit non-good.

I'd lump Survival in there too. I prefer them musically though - if that makes sense? So I'm more willing to forgive their shite lyrics. I think the Brainwashing children to be mean is the only really bad part of Supremacy though, I think somebody on here said it ages ago, but brainwashing our children to deceive would be much better.

• 2 weeks later...

I think most 2nd Law songs are better instrumentally. Matt's delivery is truly horrible on this album imo

I'd love to hear Survival with a non-choir and symphonic approach. It's weird that a song with such heavy guitar fills still sounds "funny". I do like the lyrics and Matt's delivery though,

• 4 months later...