Kitten Factor 2013: The Family Friendly Dick Measuring Contest

Dave.

Yeah it's just that everyone wanted a totally unbiased/uninvolved person handling the entries that time, then the guy who's never on here gets chosen to do it. You'd be fine handling it

IMO...

2 rounds:

Non-Muse

Muse

Everyone must get their entries to Kueller before a set deadline of whenever he says

mp3 entries sent to Kueller

Kueller uploads entries anonymously to a KF/his own soundcloud in sets

Kueller creates a thread with the embedded soundcloud files and an anonymous poll

Everyone is allowed 2 votes, if they vote more than twice all votes get discounted (don't know if the person who starts a thread can see who voted if it's anonymous? If not then public poll, no big difference)

Poll open for one week, and as it closes next round starts, again for one week

After it ends, Kueller gathers the % share of votes from each round (so it doesn't matter about the actual number of people voting, just collectively which was best) and adds the totals for the two rounds

Posts a list from best to shit

I agree with everything there except the 2 rounds thing.

My only concern with 2 rounds is if one person wins with 15 votes in round 1 and another person wins by 15 votes in the second round there is nothing to separate them.

With three round if it came down to equal number of votes the winner could be the person who won more rounds.

I agree with everything there except the 2 rounds thing.

My only concern with 2 rounds is if one person wins with 15 votes in round 1 and another person wins by 15 votes in the second round there is nothing to separate them.

With three round if it came down to equal number of votes the winner could be the person who won more rounds.

Well they could be separate. % share of votes enit

Oh yeah I know you wouldn't, but it's just pointless enit. Why spend ages sending over a huge file when people will only hear a heavily compressed version?

A transcoded lossless file will sound better than a transcoded lossy file.

It's only a cover contest so yeah kinda pointless but I can see why some people would want higher quality.

OR

fuck polls

do it like album of the year. Everyone lists their favourites from best to worst, then Kueller takes the envious task of reading through all the posts and calculating the winner. Then we don't get decent covers which aren't quite best but still good tying with the shite ones

I still stand by the idea I posted earlier.

Copy Cat Muse round

Non Muse

Original Version of Muse

Like this idea. Think I mentioned it last time round but my main problem with assigning specific albums to certain rounds means people might feel like their choice is limited entirely to shitty songs.

If by copy cat you mean recording the whole cover and instruments from scratch I just think there'll be a lot of people who will pass on that round, iuno, lurkers should post now whether they can or not so we don't have a round of like 3 people

By copycat I took it more to mean straight covers trying to match the studio/live versions as close as possible (basically what most people normally do). I guess though that you'd potentially run into problems with doing creative covers as you'd either have to do it really quite stripped back or make your own backing from scratch as I doubt there are many Ska/Klezmer fusion backing tracks for Plug In Baby floating about.

I do like the as original as you can get idea but iuno... I'm guessing a lot of people (including me) are gonna be really busy and that kind of thing would require a fair bit of effort

Yeeeeeah. And it just seems unnecessary to me. Since we didn't have a proper T2L round last time I'd rather that. Although I imagine most people will do Animals. Anyone doing Supremacy again can fuck off unless it's Jamie with the fart tone again. Anyone who wins doing Unsustainable with my file automatically hands their title to me cos fabri is a nob

Anyone doing Supremacy again can fuck off unless it's Jamie with the fart tone again.

:LOL::LOL:

But yeah, I like the idea and all but... well, it's not summer anymore..

No idea what I'd do for a T2L round though. Did Animals last time, Survival already done so fuk dat, I guess Liquid State..

:LOL::LOL:

But yeah, I like the idea and all but... well, it's not summer anymore..

No idea what I'd do for a T2L round though. Did Animals last time, Survival already done so fuk dat, I guess Liquid State..

Madness would be quite dull for just guitar

can imagine Olly doing a ridiculous Panic Station cover

Survival would be cool, if people did it good

Someone should get a sick fat toan for Follow Me and do a guitar version

Animals yeah

Explorers meeeeeeeeh

Save Me goodbye

Liquid State nice

Big Freeze would be cool if they pull off the solo really well

Unsustainable weeeoooo

IS would be cool with a full cover

How about this:

Round 1: Low lels

Round 2: Medium lels

Round 3: Top lels

fixed.

What about an original idea for this, like take a shit mewze song (so anything from the resistance and most of T2L) and re-do it, originally, to make it less shit.

fixed.

What about an original idea for this, like take a shit mewze song (so anything from the resistance and most of T2L) and re-do it, originally, to make it less shit.

That would, in my opinion, fall under the original idea. Take a Muse song and change it for the better.

I don't like the idea of a T2L round. It seems very restrictive and unnecessarily selective.

I think 3 rounds of:

Muse

Non-Muse

Muse

Would be best. Then a final score is worked out using the mean votes over all three is worked out for the winner (this stops people who only enter one having a disadvantage). The problem with uploading to soundcloud is they can block recordings if they infringe copyright (like my Survival cover from last year which was so accurate it was blocked :p). If people want to do their own version of a song then that's fine but it's not compulsory.

I think 3 rounds of:

Muse

Non-Muse

Muse

Would be best. Then a final score is worked out using the mean votes over all three is worked out for the winner (this stops people who only enter one having a disadvantage). The problem with uploading to soundcloud is they can block recordings if they infringe copyright (like my Survival cover from last year which was so accurate it was blocked :p). If people want to do their own version of a song then that's fine but it's not compulsory.

Perhaps to combat that we could de-tune all enteries from 440A to 430A (ala Falling Down and No Surprises)