Using only songs that have been played since Drones' release.

1. Psycho
  2. Micro Cuts
  3. The Handler
  4. Supermassive Black Hole
  5. Map of the Problematique
  6. Uno
  7. Dead Inside
  8. Citizen Erased
  9. United States of Eurasia
  10. Apocalypse Please
  11. Animals
  12. Assassin
  13. Bliss
  14. Mercy
  15. Time is Running Out
  16. Reapers
  17. Stockholm Syndrome
  18. Agitated
    --------
  19. The 2nd Law: Unsustainable
  20. Plug In Baby
  21. Knights of Cydonia

1. Take A Bow

2. Hyper Music

3. Plug In Baby

4. Hysteria

5. Map Of The Problematique

6. The Handler

7. Sing For Absolution

8. Uno

9. Animals

10. Citizen Erased

11. Ruled By Secrecy

12. Space Dementia

13. Dead Star

14. Assassin (GOB interlude)

15. Fury

16. Invincible

17. Butterflies & Hurricanes

18. Bliss

19. Reapers

20. Knights Of Cydonia

21. Showbiz

22. Micro Cuts

23. Stockholm Syndrome

A Psycho tour date for nowadays if they decided to have a bit of fun

Psycho

Shriking Universe

The Small Print

Plug in Baby

Interlude + Hysteria

Stockholm Syndrome + Micro Cuts Outro

Hyper Music

Yes Please

Supermassive Black Hole

Lies (Chvches Cover)

Uprising

Reapers

Muscle Museum

Time Is Running Out

Knights of Cydonia

I dunno, I remember that being pretty certain a while beforehand, they just didn't 100% confirm it 'til a month or two before. They never played Dead Star like they implied/pretty much straight-up said though :fear:

I can see them having difficulty with bits of The Globalist and Matt's said a couple of times that he's no idea how they'd do Drones, bar just playing it over the PA, so I dunno. They might do it once or twice but I'm not sure about it being a frequent thing.

Wasn't so sure about Dead Star - even at the SBE 2013 gig I attended and was aware they'd soundchecked it, I was certain they wouldn't do it - but I was at least expecting a Showbiz song at Reading 2011.

AFAIK Matt is playing several layers of guitar on The Globalist - in the making of video, there's an acoustic, a Fender Strat with chrome slide, and the black 7-string. MuseWiki also lists clean guitar in the opening third as well as these three, although I'm not sure where. So as well as Morgan it might need an extra guitarist or backing tape. BT's will be there anyway for the strings.

Yeah, Drones will be a bit impractical. PA link as an outro to Globalist could work.

Wasn't so sure about Dead Star - even at the SBE 2013 gig I attended and was aware they'd soundchecked it, I was certain they wouldn't do it - but I was at least expecting a Showbiz song at Reading 2011.

AFAIK Matt is playing several layers of guitar on The Globalist - in the making of video, there's an acoustic, a Fender Strat with chrome slide, and the black 7-string. MuseWiki also lists clean guitar in the opening third as well as these three, although I'm not sure where. So as well as Morgan it might need an extra guitarist or backing tape. BT's will be there anyway for the strings.

Yeah, Drones will be a bit impractical. PA link as an outro to Globalist could work.

IIRC, Chris pretty much confirmed or at least heavily hinted towards Dead Star being played at L/R when a fan asked on Twitter just before the festival. So some people were a bit gutted when they didn't play it, especially when they opened with What's He Building. I've seen it 3 times since though and I thought New Born worked better as an opener anyway so I guess it didn't really matter in the end :p

Yeah, the multiple guitar parts are what I'm thinking about. I'm imagining Matt doing the clean + slide bits on the 7 string with Morgan doing the acoustic guitar bit (like he did for Megalomania, I think?). Drones over the speakers would be a bit guff and weird imo.

For the opening third they'd have to have a strings backing track and then have Matt play the clean chords while he whistles and the slide guitar on the 7 string so he doesn't have to change guitars and Morgan to play the acoustic I suppose. Although I reckon it'd be really tough to play the slide parts and sing at the same time. Who even knows really, not sure how'd they go about the transition between the second and third parts either as the piano starts straight away with the feedback leading into it.

Drones would probably just have to be played over the PA like you said

IIRC, Chris pretty much confirmed or at least heavily hinted towards Dead Star being played at L/R when a fan asked on Twitter just before the festival. So some people were a bit gutted when they didn't play it, especially when they opened with What's He Building. I've seen it 3 times since though and I thought New Born worked better as an opener anyway so I guess it didn't really matter in the end :p

I genuinely don't remember such claims.

But yeah least I've seen Dead Star since (albeit twice to your thrice). Plus yeah, What's He Building into New Born actually worked reasonably well.

Speaking of Reading and Leeds 2011, I thought Space Dementia and Darkshines sounded really good, so I'm a little disappointed they've been put back in the box since then.

Yeah, the multiple guitar parts are what I'm thinking about. I'm imagining Matt doing the clean + slide bits on the 7 string with Morgan doing the acoustic guitar bit (like he did for Megalomania, I think?). Drones over the speakers would be a bit guff and weird imo.

For the opening third they'd have to have a strings backing track and then have Matt play the clean chords while he whistles and the slide guitar on the 7 string so he doesn't have to change guitars and Morgan to play the acoustic I suppose. Although I reckon it'd be really tough to play the slide parts and sing at the same time. Who even knows really, not sure how'd they go about the transition between the second and third parts either as the piano starts straight away with the feedback leading into it.

Drones would probably just have to be played over the PA like you said

I was under the assumption that the clean/slide bits (which it turns out are one and the same) are in a different guitar tuning to the 7 string riff. Maybe there's the option of bringing back the old doubleneck, or getting Manson's to build a new one.

Drones on the PA would be a bit weird, but isn't really that far removed from Isolated System being tape only on the last tour.

I maintain they will try it live at some point, but I do wonder where in the set it would go if it was to be played.

I

I was under the assumption that the clean/slide bits (which it turns out are one and the same) are in a different guitar tuning to the 7 string riff. Maybe there's the option of bringing back the old doubleneck, or getting Manson's to build a new one.

Drones on the PA would be a bit weird, but isn't really that far removed from Isolated System being tape only on the last tour.

Nope - easily played in standard and Matt's seven string just needs the Low B to be tuned down to A so he could easily do the slide bits in ADADGBE.

Was it? I thought Morgan played the little piano motifs and Doms drums/Matts kaoss pad were live with the choir and strings being Backing Tracked.

Nope - easily played in standard and Matt's seven string just needs the Low B to be tuned down to A so he could easily do the slide bits in ADADGBE.

Was it? I thought Morgan played the little piano motifs and Doms drums/Matts kaoss pad were live with the choir and strings being Backing Tracked.

Fair enough. If its true they've soundchecked it ahead of tonight's gig, then maybe we'll know soon enough.

Its always hard to tell given the camera is rarely on Morgan, but

, he's not playing the piano live.

Something like this would be reasonable for the 360 tour imo:

Reapers (cringey fake mini-reaper drones fly about during the outro)

Psycho

The Handler

(Map Of The Problematique / Bliss / Dead Star) - optional rotation slot

Supermassive Black Hole

Dead Inside

Hysteria / Time Is Running Out

Assassin / Micro Cuts

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Apocalypse Please

Ruled By Secrecy / Sunburn / Falling Down (piano)

New Born / Unnatural Selection / Space Dementia

Defector

Uprising

Revolt

Madness / Starlight

Mercy

Absolutely No Intro + Knights Of Cydonia

Drums + Citizen Erased

The Globalist

Prelude + Survival

Blackout / Take A Bow

Plug In Baby

Stockholm Syndrome

23 songs, shouldn't be unrealistic (but probably is). Encores can be rotated + song rotations ordered in terms of rarity. If you don't like Reapers as an opener, stick it after PIB in the encore. (And, yes, I know - Starlight and Mercy potentially back-to-back, let's just ignore that)

Psycho

The Handler

Supermassive Black Hole

Dead Inside

Assassin / Micro Cuts

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Apocalypse Please

Defector

Uprising

Revolt

Madness / Starlight

Mercy

Drums + Citizen Erased

The Globalist

Prelude + Survival

Blackout / Take A Bow

Plug In Baby

Stockholm Syndrome

23 songs, shouldn't be unrealistic (but probably is). Encores can be rotated + song rotations ordered in terms of rarity. If you don't like Reapers as an opener, stick it after PIB in the encore. (And, yes, I know - Starlight and Mercy potentially back-to-back, let's just ignore that)

Of course almost every gig will get Map, Falling Down, New Born, Starlight, Blackout in the rotations.

Of course almost every gig will get Map, Falling Down, New Born, Starlight, Blackout in the rotations.

Even that's not bad though, to be fair. Map and New Born are great live and I thought the piano version of Falling Down looked nice. Non-shit Blackout is good too.

I tried to make it so that hardcores and casuals would be at least reasonably happy no matter what rotations were in.

New Born? Great live?

Are we suddenly ten years ago?

It was pretty shite on TR Tour, granted, but both times I've seen it it's been great, yeah. Best opener I've seen by miles.

Edit: 3 times actually, not 'both'. Still great though.

Edited by Jobby

Blandest possible realistic set (ie based on what they've done so far this tour) I could imagine happening

1. Psycho
  2. Plug in Baby
  3. Supermassive Black Hole
  4. Dead Inside
  5. Resistance
  6. Interlude + Hysteria
  7. Munich Jam + Feeling Good
  8. Madness
  9. Supremacy
  10. Mercy
  11. Time is Running Out
  12. New Born
  13. Reapers
    --------
  14. Uprising
  15. Staright
  16. Knights of Cydonia

Blandest possible realistic set (ie based on what they've done so far this tour) I could imagine happening

1. Psycho
  2. Plug in Baby
  3. Supermassive Black Hole
  4. Dead Inside
  5. Resistance
  6. Interlude + Hysteria
  7. Munich Jam + Feeling Good
  8. Madness
  9. Supremacy
  10. Mercy
  11. Time is Running Out
  12. New Born
  13. Reapers
    --------
  14. Uprising
  15. Staright
  16. Knights of Cydonia

that looks like worst case (for both length and song selection) for me. :$

Psycho

The Handler

Supermassive Black Hole

Dead Inside

Assassin / Micro Cuts

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Apocalypse Please

Defector

Uprising

Revolt

Madness / Starlight

Mercy

Drums + Citizen Erased

The Globalist

Prelude + Survival

Blackout / Take A Bow

Plug In Baby

Stockholm Syndrome

doubt that will happen but looks great to me - showbiz for madness/starlight and it would be nearly perfect for a not totally impossible dream setlist.

doubt that will happen but looks great to me - showbiz for madness/starlight and it would be nearly perfect for a not totally impossible dream setlist.

I purposefully left out Showbiz 'cause I thought that'd push it too far into the realm of impossibility. Could add it into the Assassin / Micro Cuts rotation though I guess.

I love that everyone continues to hold out hope that Showbiz might possibly maybe one day by chance get played again.

To be fair, requests for it have been pretty vocal this year. They've acknowledged it a fair few times so they're definitely aware that it's one of the songs fans want back the most, if not the main one.

At Manchester Academy, Dom said they couldn't remember how to play it but that he'd love to do it and, supposedly, Matt told a fan they'd play it at one of the London dates (but then also told another that he didn't think he could sing it anymore). They're loose threads but there's a chance it might pop up at some point I guess.