Alright I just got back from the gig tonight, went to both nights (so fucking glad I did). Lost my shit at Dead Star, Butterflies was nice but I saw that in Amsterdam. Seeing Micro Cuts on the wheel had me buzzing too.

One of the best parts of the night was seeing the old folks on the floor start to look nervous after as the heavy shit was taking place (Dead Star and New Born). They were getting rocked around a little bit. I'm happy for a big audience and all but I really do love the Muse roots coming out a bit and giving the newer folks a bit of a kick in the ass. Definitely happened tonight.

Finally, I gotta confirm this- I'm pretty sure Matt took Dom completely out at the end of Uprising. He was windmilling his guitar by the strap when he should have been doing the final riff, chucking it down the left stage stairs, picking it up again and flinging it further, finally really winding it up and letting it SAIL into what looked like a direct hit into Dom. Dom was taken right off his perch, got up and just left (he looked pissed off). They all went backstage for a minute or so before starting starlight. Hilarious but poor Dom!

Also, there were two roulettes. First had Stockholm, New Born, Dead Star and Micro Cuts. I was screaming so loud the older dude in front of me was plugging his ears (hah!). Then after Dead Star Matt goes 'let's do that again eh?' and I thought holy fucking shit they're gonna play Dead Star twice, when really they meant roll again, this time with just Stockholm and New born.

Alright I just got back from the gig tonight, went to both nights (so fucking glad I did). Lost my shit at Dead Star, Butterflies was nice but I saw that in Amsterdam. Seeing Micro Cuts on the wheel had me buzzing too.

One of the best parts of the night was seeing the old folks on the floor start to look nervous after as the heavy shit was taking place (Dead Star and New Born). They were getting rocked around a little bit. I'm happy for a big audience and all but I really do love the Muse roots coming out a bit and giving the newer folks a bit of a kick in the ass. Definitely happened tonight.

Finally, I gotta confirm this- I'm pretty sure Matt took Dom completely out at the end of Uprising. He was windmilling his guitar by the strap when he should have been doing the final riff, chucking it down the left stage stairs, picking it up again and flinging it further, finally really winding it up and letting it SAIL into what looked like a direct hit into Dom. Dom was taken right off his perch, got up and just left (he looked pissed off). They all went backstage for a minute or so before starting starlight. Hilarious but poor Dom!

I need to see this so bad. :LOL:

Why does Dom just sit there and let Matt throw stuff at him? He has a drumkit which has more projectile ammo than Matt (assuming the guitar doesn't break, resulting in more pieces).

tl;dr I wanna see a Muse instrument throwing fight.

When we saw Matt throwing the guitar towards Dom, the time kinda stopped for a moment as we saw it would hit him.

The guitar hit Dom on the upper right arm. It definitely must have hurt 'cause they just stopped jamming and stuff :LOL:

Why does Dom just sit there and let Matt throw stuff at him? He has a drumkit which has more projectile ammo than Matt (assuming the guitar doesn't break, resulting in more pieces).

tl;dr I wanna see a Muse instrument throwing fight.

Dom knows kung fu too, now.

Maybe Matt will tone down his guitar throwing and actually play that heavy as fuck riff at the end of Uprising now.

Heavy as fuck riff... Uprising? :LOL:

Also Ari, time to start another "Are Muse splitting?" thread because of the guitar accident.

Dom knows kung fu too, now.

Also Ari, time to start another "Are Muse splitting?" thread because of the guitar accident.

It sounds heavy as fuck to me. Why get so hung up over some loose terminology?

Maybe an exaggeration but it was pretty heavy when I saw it.

I guess this counts as the first actual appearance of the "second night syndrome" this tour?

Plenty of times in the arena tour.

Haha setlist.fm reports Uprising as having an extended outro. I guess that represents Dom getting laid out by a flying guitar, yeah?

It always has an extended outro :p

http://www.france2.fr/jt/20h/22-06-2013 pro footage from SDF 1st night (bits Supermassive, Supremacy, Panic Station, Bliss) at minute 32:30

I hate the constant zoom-in during Supermassive and Supremacy.

Archived