Digital Arts Thread

crazybobbles

• 1 month later...

I decided to design a Guitar in sketchup. I used the shape of an Explorer with the pickups of the 7 String Manson, I made it 7 string and added a Kaoss Pad.

EX-BodyCloseUp.jpg

EX-KaossCloseUp.jpg

EX-NeckCloseUp.jpg

EX-Volume_ToneKnobs.jpg

EX-wholeguitar.jpg

The knobs are: 2 Volume Knobs, 3 Tone Knobs, and (just to make it even more OTT) an in built Big Muff

So what do you guys think of my First Creation?

• 7 months later...

Hmmmm... RIGHT, I'm not very good at drawing an' that, but I thought I'd give Vectors another go. So I got this picture of me:

3148013881_a7cd0c5b77.jpg

And I'm tryyying to make it all vectory but it's looking a bit lame. This is it WITH photoshop fiddling, because I couldn't get rid of outlines that went through the hair and stuff. I put the eyelashes in with photoshop, too.

3370389391_a0ea4fe516_b.jpg

So yeah.... More arty-er people... How do I make it better?

That's quite an unnaturally shaped head.

And yes, I was generous with my nose. It's much straighter than the photo. Artistic license, innit?

Hmmmm... RIGHT, I'm not very good at drawing an' that, but I thought I'd give Vectors another go. So I got this picture of me:

3148013881_a7cd0c5b77.jpg

And I'm tryyying to make it all vectory but it's looking a bit lame. This is it WITH photoshop fiddling, because I couldn't get rid of outlines that went through the hair and stuff. I put the eyelashes in with photoshop, too.

3370389391_a0ea4fe516_b.jpg

So yeah.... More arty-er people... How do I make it better?

That's quite an unnaturally shaped head.

And yes, I was generous with my nose. It's much straighter than the photo. Artistic license, innit?

I like that loz, but your eyes scare me in it :supersad: I think maybe put a different colour in the hair? It looks weird being all one shade?

Guest QueenOfNerds

Oops didn't realise there was a digital art thread:$ I will have to post some stuff in here some time.

Guest QueenOfNerds
I made this:

third3n.jpg

My first time screwing around with 3dsmax.

I never touched that program since, though. :LOL:

I was thinking of making a guitar for Matt's birthday.....shhhh don't tell him!

Nice work though, you should keep it up.

Wow, thats awesome. Assuming you use Adobe, how do you blend the images together so smoothly like that? I've been trying to learn how, but I am a PS noob. :p

Well, first I prepare the base, stock, images, and whatnot. I erase endges via layer masks, and I usually place little things in between hard-to-blend images to help the blending look more natural. Then when I color, I always mess around with levels to help blend in shadows and stuff. Coloring reaaaaally helps with blending. It helps make the image more monotonous while still provinding some variety of color, so everything seems to "fit" in.

Sorry that's not very good, I don't explain things well :LOL: if you want I'll give you some links to graphics forums that have great tutorials :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest QueenOfNerds
prodigal.png

Finished this, FINALLY. I'm still iffy about it. Any suggestions/critique?

Like it, love the hazy feel.

• 4 weeks later...
prodigal.png

Finished this, FINALLY. I'm still iffy about it. Any suggestions/critique?

That looks awesome! Have no idea what it's about, looks a bit too green and obvious the person have been mirrored but thery're all personal niggles that mean nothing because as a whole it looks proffesional. What did you do on the far right hand side with the city, looks like some radial blur/quickmask thing but brilliantly done (i.e I want to steal it off you at some point :p) .

*bump*

Finally finished Photoshop Portfolio for Uni, some nice gigs we've got lined up too :D

30kdmz6.jpg

65oltj.jpg

2zogolc.jpg

htefme.jpg

25t9cpi.jpg

2z99r11.jpg

a09n3r.jpg

sz7drk.jpg

2q3t7xc.jpg

29xjac1.jpg

That looks awesome! Have no idea what it's about, looks a bit too green and obvious the person have been mirrored but thery're all personal niggles that mean nothing because as a whole it looks proffesional. What did you do on the far right hand side with the city, looks like some radial blur/quickmask thing but brilliantly done (i.e I want to steal it off you at some point :p) .

*bump*

Finally finished Photoshop Portfolio for Uni, some nice gigs we've got lined up too :D

That's quite a portfolio you got there :eek: Great work!

Well I tried something new yesterday. It's supposed to look creepy/grunge-y but I'm not sure if I pulled it off or not :p

NORMAL.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived